July 2020 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 11/18-11/24

Re: Weekly Randoms 11/18-11/24

• Options
    i go back and forth from garbage to million bucks all day, definitely all predicated on how recently i have consumed food/water.  Cannot imagine trying to take care of a LO during this roller coaster--kudos to all you STMs (and beyond!)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    mrsdrezmrsdrez member
    edited November 2019
    @blaf322 I am dreadinggggg the morning sickness this time around. My whole pregnancy with my first I thought "how the eff do people pregnant with another kid around?".. and now here I am. I literally took meds for the whole second and third trimester and yet still managed to barf on myself at 8 months pregnant.. Luckily no nausea.. yet.. I will never take a nausea free day for granted! 
  • Options
    I was just sitting here minding my business and being super productive, when all of a sudden I am soooo tired. I could honestly fall asleep at my desk right now. Just need to make it through 2.5 more hours and then go home. Fingers crossed my husband is OK with doing bedtime with our DS so I can go to bed early. 
  • Options
    @mrsdrez I can't tell if it's worse this time than it was with DD or if it just feels worse because, back then, I worked from home and didn't have a toddler. I could just sink into the couch and not really move while I worked, back then. It was glorious lol

My boss knows but asked what's up because I haven't seemed myself the past couple of days. I let him know, if I come in looking a wreck, just be glad I'm here because I'm struggling. Fortunately, he has two kids and it's a small office (so no one actually cares what we wear).
  • Options
    Leaning into the randomness this thread allows and also #WellnessWednesday - does anyone do prenatal yoga or other prenatal exercise via YouTube? I really like Sarah Beth Yoga, but she only has a handful of videos and they're pretty short (15-20 min), so I'm curious if folks have other recommendations (pilates, Barre, etc. welcome too!) 
  • Options
    @mehugg I do yoga and barre but not specifically prenatal and not on youtube but if others have recommendations I would love to give it a try.  We didn't do a Wellness thread yesterday so you should start one today.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    2 randoms this AM
    1- maybe I'm just having a good nausea day but I feel like eating a few crackers this AM before even getting out of bed really helped! Yay for feeling good on my bday :smile:

2- I'm super excited to have my EDD at the front of the month with this LO. I was one of the last to go into labor on DD's BMB. 

lies.... I have 3
    3- Everyone's cough is so bad. DD and DH have MD appts today. They've had the cough for 3 and 2 weeks, respectively and I'm wondering if I should just go ahead and make an appt, even though I've only had it a week. I think both of theirs turned from a regular cold/RSV to a bacterial infection (that's what DD's being treated for, DH is TBD after his appt) and I just feel like I'm on the way to having the same. 
  • Options
    Happy birthday @blaf322

I'm at the end of the month for due dates, but I had a 38 week delivery, a 34 week delivery (after 6 weeks of bed rest for pre-term labor) a 37 week delivery, and then a 39 week induction. I have zero idea how this one will go, but my guess would be mid-July. 

I met a mom last night with two little ones (3yo and 1yo) who is due with twins in January. Her bump is so perfectly round and adorable. She looked amazing. I can't wait for that stage.

• Options
    Happy Birthday @blaf322 hope the nausea stays away ALL day for you. 
  • Options
    @blaf322 happy birthday!! I hope you continue feeling well!

• Options
    @modoodles me tooooo! I LOVED my body when pregnant with DD so I'm super excited to look PG and feel super confident with my body again :smile:
    Side note, if my body betrays me and I look like a whale this pregnancy, I'm gonna be pissed :D 
  • Options
    Happy birthday @blaf322! Hope you feel great today and get a nice reprieve from the nausea!
  • Options
    Passed my expected period date and made my doctors appt. Yay :). Yesterday I spent my day off yesterday hours coloring my hair, doing laundry, and then went and did the big Thanksgiving grocery haul and got home at 230. My fatigue and exhaustion hit for the first time at my last store. I put away the cold items and just had to lay down and I fell asleep. My husband got home and he was all, "How long have you been home? And you haven't put away the pantry groceries?" 😶🤬👹 oooo I am now quick to anger about as equal as I am quick to get starving apparently. 
  • Options
    Happy Birthday @blaf322 !!
    Hopefully a feel-good day!!  B)
  • Options
    Happy Birthday @blaf322 . Its also my dogs birthday!  I seem to know a lot of people and animals with this as their birthday.  2 of my students were born today too. 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Options
    Happy birthday @blaf322! Hope the nausea continues to stay away!
  • Options
    @blaf322 love the idea of adding the lights to that tree! We just got it a couple of weeks ago and my sons been enjoying it. Random, but how do you have it attached to the wall? 
  • Options
    @blaf322 Happy Birthday!! Enjoy your day! 
  • Options
    @kristinl492 we used command strips. They make some that use Velcro so we were able to attach the felt to the wall but still pull them down after the holiday.
  • Options
    Thanks for the bday wishes y'all! Felt a little queasy around lunch time but better now that I ate :smile:

• Options
    D&H0907D&H0907 member
    edited November 2019
    @blaf322 where did you get your felt tree from!!?? Or did you make it?? It is adorable! 
  • Options
    @D&H0907 not sure! I just googled felt christmas tree for kids (or something similar) and picked the one I liked best :smile:

• Options
    okay weekly random/rant.

I recently started working in NYC and really have yet to explore all the awesome food options because i dont get out of the office much.  But today i did and i came across this food court-esque place called Urban Space that was amazing!  They had everything!!!  Like healthy, indulgent, decadent and everything in between.  But i kept seeing oysters and sushi and a wine bar and for the first time felt myself missing the things i used to eat normally.  And here i was telling DH last night that i really wasnt craving anything i was eating pre-pregnancy.  Settled on boring food instead :neutral:
  • Options
    Hey ladies! The first day of my last period was September 28. I went to the ER for bleeding on Tuesday afternoon. At that visit, I believed myself to be 7 weeks and 4 days because that’s how long it had been since my period. BUT during the ultrasound I measured at 6 weeks and 1 day. My question is... when people ask, how far along am I?
  • Options
    milktmilkt member
    edited November 2019
    asf0613 said:
    okay weekly random/rant.

I recently started working in NYC and really have yet to explore all the awesome food options because i dont get out of the office much.  But today i did and i came across this food court-esque place called Urban Space that was amazing!  They had everything!!!  Like healthy, indulgent, decadent and everything in between.  But i kept seeing oysters and sushi and a wine bar and for the first time felt myself missing the things i used to eat normally.  And here i was telling DH last night that i really wasnt craving anything i was eating pre-pregnancy.  Settled on boring food instead :neutral:
    I don't know what part of nyc you work around, but if you're near Union Square and like noodles, I really recommend Tsurutontan Udon Noodle Brasserie :)
  • Options
    @alliekoupal I would probably ask your doc that... they may have adjusted your EDD. 
  • Options
    milkt said:
    asf0613 said:
    okay weekly random/rant.

I don't know what part of nyc you work around, but if you're near Union Square and like noodles, I really recommend Tsurutontan Udon Noodle Brasserie :)
    oooh YUM!  i will have to make a trip over there at some point thanks!
  • Options
    My friend and her H called me at 10:30pm last night to wish me a happy birthday. They're DINKs and live near uptown so they were out drinking and living their best DINK lives.
    Girlfriend, I've been asleep for 2 hours already. I didn't even feel the phone vibrate. #firsttriproblems

I should have called her when I got up this AM and left her a very sober VM while I wrestled my toddler to get her oral abx and steroids in :D 
  • Options
    @blaf322 Happy belated B-day!  We do season of your nativity in our family so it's really your b-day month.  I was asleep at 8:00 last night.  Unless they are growing a human don't judge.
  • Options
    @bluguitarhannah thanks! I can get down with a month long celebration! And, don't worry! It's a friend I've had since I was 5 or 6yo... there's no judgement on either side for us :smile:

• Options
    Another random... we're doing our work Thanksgiving today and I'm wavering between grossed out/nauseous to glad there will be food all day so maybe I can keep the nausea at bay. 
  • Options
    Today I am trying to be a human potato after a conference in Chicago Sun-Tues and crazy work things/terrible first OBGYN appointments/fun times with friends Wed/Thurs.

I went out to dinner with a friend before seeing a show last night and was contemplating both what I could actually eat on the menu and what sounded good. I got a simple pasta dish but was looking things up online to see if I could eat them. Luckily, she has IBS so I was able to be like "oh yea, just can't eat certain dairy anymore...or heavy fats...or that poke you got that looks delicious...or things with too much roughage" and she was like "totally get it". Little does she know lol... 
  • Options
    Is anyone else watching the Crown on Netflix?
  • Options
    @enchantindragon we are! We just finished episode 5 of the new season. I never expected to feel sorry for the royals but the Prince Charles storyline made me want to give him a hug. 
  • Options
    blaf322blaf322 member
    edited November 2019
    We just did our work Thanksgiving and everyone brought something in (b/c potluck) except the part time guy. I was giving him a pass, assuming he didn't see the sign up sheet b/c PT, until we were in the break room and he's looking at it and comments on how it looks like it's changed since the last time he looked at it. Ummm.... everything's written in pen... so, no. Andplusalso... you looked at this before and didn't sign up for anything? 

You sure did stuff your belly, spend the entire time on your cell phone while we all ate/chatted and thanked no one for all the free food though. ::eye roll: I hate moochers
  • Options
    blaf322 said:
    We just did our work Thanksgiving and everyone brought something in (b/c potluck) except the part time guy. I was giving him a pass, assuming he didn't see the sign up sheet b/c PT, until we were in the break room and he's looking at it and comments on how it looks like it's changed since the last time he looked at it. Ummm.... everything's written in pen... so, no. Andplusalso... you looked at this before and didn't sign up for anything? 

You sure did stuff your belly, spend the entire time on your cell phone while we all ate/chatted and thanked no one for all the free food though. ::eye roll: I hate moochers
    ugh!!!!! though tbh, what do you think he wouldve brought if he did bring something? probably something zero effort and wouldve been equally annoying!