July 2020 Moms

Weekly Randoms 11/18-11/24

Image result for random thoughts meme
Put your randoms here, folks!

Re: Weekly Randoms 11/18-11/24

• @stlbuckeye132 I did the same this morning lol
    I got DD one of those last year and she loved it! This is the one I got and it came with lights. If you have an extra strand of lights, throw them on there. I feel like that was a big draw for her. These came with it and were like the battery operated kind they use to light up tacky Christmas sweaters and such.

• Loading the player...
  • @stlbuckeye132 I hate the app.  I never use it for community stuff.  

I cannot get motivated to work today.  I've been procrastinating any actual productivity for hours. 
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• blaf322blaf322 member
    edited November 2019
    @modoodles that's so fun!! What a great way to announce!

ETA- I may steal that to announce to the extended family at Christmas, if you wouldn't be offended. We have a shirt but might just use that for FB.
  • @blaf322 okkkkk that tree is SO CUTE!! I'm going to have to see if I can find some little lights like that! The one I made is in the spoiler... no adorable santas or snowmen though!

• @modoodles super cute and fun way to announce! My ILs are coming for Thanksgiving, and I'm planning on just putting DD in her "Big Sister" shirt and seeing how long it takes them to notice. Not nearly as exciting, but I think it could be hours before they say anything and it will provide me with entertainment.
  • @stlbuckeye132 You did an amazing job!! I love yours! Like, I'd pay money for that!

Also, one day y'all should teach me how to do these spoilers. If it's easy enough, I'm happy to not blow up your screens with giant photos :D 
  • @laurad75 i'm right there with you...I've got zero motivation to be at work today, and I actually forgot what I originally started working on this morning (pregnancy brain already?)... I'm counting down the days I can let me boss know what's going on, so my slacking can be a bit more justified.

Also I'm jealous of all your thanksgiving talk over the next days

• @blaf322 well thanks! I'm happy with it. I normally only do one craft/year (making her Halloween costume), but this year's costume was pretty easy so I had a little bit left in my yearly crafting reserve. I draw the line at sewing though! :joy:

And spoilers are easy! Just hit the arrow next to the paragraph icon (to the right of bold/italic, left of the emojis) and select Spoiler at the bottom. Then from within the spoiler, add your image! Hopefully that makes sense. It is easy to get stuck inside a spoiler box though, so be warned. I normally do it last after any text I want outside the spoiler box.
  • @stlbuckeye132 That totally makes sense! Thanks!

I used to craft a lot, pre-DD. *sigh* I miss it but I can’t even get myself to finish refinishing all our bedroom furniture so I should definitely not start a new craft project 
  • @modoodles I think it was you who I told my MOTN googling told me Robatussin is okay. Well, I just double checked on Ovia and it says that and Mucinex are class C so just wanted to give you a heads up that it’s not ideal to take. Guess we suffer through with Tylenol alone!
  • Also, super random.... DH wants to take me out to dinner for my bday on Thursday to this Irish restaurant where I looooove their Irish curry and I’m so sad bc I can’t even imagine how that’s going to sound good... so, I bet we end up not doing anything that night. 

Its fine bc we have dinner/night out plans with friends on Saturday... but that curry is soooo good usually and I’m totally gonna miss it lol
  • @blaf322 thank you! Yes it was me, and I was just coming back to double check because DH offered to pick up whatever I needed on his way home. Thank you! I am skipping  a board meeting tonight because I'm in rough shape right now. 
  • I just emailed my RE to see what their take is on cough meds. Everything I'm reading is so conflicting.

My cough is so bad and I work in a small office. When I was new here, I got a bad cough and my boss ASKED ME IF THERE WAS ANYTHING I COULD TAKE.... ya know, because we all need to "be a good neighbor for our coworkers." WTF? That would not fly with any company that actually has an HR ::eye roll::
    Anyway, b/c of that, I'm super aware of every cough and how it might be affecting others here. But also, it would be nice to be able to take something at night so it's not waking me/keeping me up. 
  • @blaf322 I'm still pretty rough today. I ran a temp all day Sunday and yesterday. I called the nurse line this morning to see if there is anything I can take otc. Because I was running a temp I have to be seen now. 🙄. I'll update if they say there is something otc that's safe. This puts me making the trip to their office 3 times this week. 
  • @modoodles ugh.... I'm so sorry you're feeling worse! Hopefully it's something easy to treat! Keep us posted!

And, yes, I'm interested to see what your doc says. My RE office just replied and said that Delsym, regular Robitussin (not the DM) and cough drops are all okay to take but I'd like to hear what someone else says too b/c I'm paranoid lol

• @blaf322 @modoodles my doctor was really clear about allowed meds. She said it benefits my health and the health of the pregnancy to be able to sleep, eat, work in a way that is comfortable. So she encouraged me, if I was sick, to take the approved meds as needed. She reiterated that I shouldn’t suffer for anxiety’s sake, especially if it impacts my ability to rest/sleep. Delsym and normal robitussin were on her lists.

I’ve also used this list in a pinch. It’s older and not a replacement for your own doctor’s input but I still find it handy: https://www.santafeobgyn.com/files/2012/03/approved_medication_list_for_obstetrical_patients-updated-102011.pdf
  • Thank you @rachelredhead

I just got home and they prescribed flonase and also said Robitussin DM or Sudafed. I'm so confused about what to take Robitussin-wise. Why can't it just be standard across the board? Pic of meds suggested in spoiler.

• @modoodles Is this your OB/RE? If so, maybe email just to confirm they selected the right Robitussin option? Maybe my doctor's office meant DM as regular and I misunderstood? I don't know! It's so confusing!
  • I will take a pic of my approved meds list when I get home, but off the top of my head I *think* it says Robitussin (not DM). 

I have a little sinus infection (but not bad) so I’m just avoiding taking anything unless it messes with my sleep or work. 
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • I should have just asked for an approved meds list when I was there. I am in an extremely rural place, and my prenatal care and delivery will be done with a family doctor. I'm looking online and seeing that Robitussin and Robitussin DM are both category C. Maybe I just avoid everything amd suffer through. 😭🤧 Damn. This is the time I miss being "back home" where I delivered previously. It was such a different experience. I've loved here for 4 years and although I love the small town, there are some  major drawbacks. 
  • @modoodles 😁Totally fair and good practice to ask a question to confirm or clarify because mistakes happen. There are a range of opinions on Sudafed, etc. I know sometimes they say Sudafed is a bad idea in pregnancy if you have high blood pressure, for instance. Some people caution cough syrups because of the included alcohol but obviously the amount is soooooo low, I doubt that caution is shared by most if you’re talking about the little amounts you take for a cough. Always good to ask for confirmation and then go get you some drugs and feel better! 
  • @rachelredhead I wondered if they put cough syrups as cat. C because of the alcohol. There's a 0% chance the alcohol in a single dose of cough medicine is going to adversely impact a pregnancy.... but, then again, maybe it's the med itself that makes it a category C.

@modoodles I'm going to email my OB and see what they say. They're in a different system than my RE so they won't know I'm a total nut job who is reaching out to multiple sources to confirm  :D
  • You're the best @blaf322! My sister just had a LO  in September and I have a friend in 2nd tri, and I could ask either one of them, but i don't want to tell them yet! 
  • I mentioned to my best friend how I really love this local photographer and would love to do newborn photos with her but she's on the pricier side. She said she would love to contribute to something like that for a shower gift and she bets our friends would too since we all love having professional family photos done. If I wanted to provide a way for people to contribute towards that, how would I go about doing it? Is there a site people have used that I could add to a registry or something?

Me: 33 DH: 31
    DD: 10.13.18
    baby #2 due: 7.14.20

• @modoodles Okay! I got an answer from my OB and I'm going to make a SS post with the approved med list for my office so we can more easily find it. She provided a link but it shows which OB office I'm at so I don't want to share the list that way.
    For you and I, the short answer is Robitussin (DM or regular) is okay and Sudafed is not okay for 1st tri but okay after 12 weeks.
  • @blaf322 Thank you so much! 
  • So MH's work holiday party is 12/6. He already RSVPed yes for both of us. DD's daycare offers Parents' Night Out on the first Friday of every month, so we were planning on just using that for her care. Joke's on us. Found out this morning that her school's Winter Concert is the evening of 12/6. So now we have to miss that and I have to try to find a babysitter. I'm mostly just sad we're going to miss the concert! I realize I sound ridiculous because she's all of 20 months old, but it was sooo cute last year!

(Yes I realize we could back out of his party and go to the concert, but I think it would reflect poorly on MH if we did that. I'm really just whining and not looking for a solution haha)
  • @stlbuckeye132 that blows! Is there any way to swing both? Like, maybe you could show up late to the work party? If not, definitely get the sitter to record it for you!
  • @sunnyknightsarah I am almost positive Baby List Registry has a cash option; and you can say what you're designating it towards.  *I think* I haven't actually used this service before.
    DS1: Nov. 2013
    DS2: Jan. 2016
    DS3: Dec. 2017
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • Hi Momas-to-be!

I am currently 5+3 according to my last menstruation.  I have had one miscarriage and two ectopic pregnancies (one that resulted in a burst tube). These all took place about 4 years ago.  We are pregnant again (woohoo!) had an ultrasound yesterday to confirm placement and they found TWO corpus luteua.  They could only identify the one sac though.  Does this mean I released two eggs but only one was fertilized? Could a sac suddenly appear when I go back in two weeks? I'm kind of freaking out here!  I haven't had a chance to follow up with my doctor, as I learned about this from mychart results.  It stated: "Two suspected left corpora lutea. Recommend sonographic follow-up as this can be associated with twin gestation. Of note only a single gestational sac is seen on today's examination".  Have any of you experienced this? Did it lead to a viable twin pregnancy?
  • Good to know re: Baby List Registry @KatieEl, I may explore that because I want people to in lieu of a gift make a donation to the local elementary school in our neighborhood (a long con gift/investment if you will lol).
  • I’m going to add my approved meds list to @blaf322 post. Should we ask bump admin to sticky for easy reference throughout our pregnancies? 
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • @millpe Just saw the add! Thanks for that and the sticky!! Excellent idea!
  • @1ilovec1 I was told something similar - but also only one sac.  I have a second ultrasound this week, and hopefully the later date provides more clarity.
  • @blaf322 sorry work was crazy yesterday so just getting around to responding. Short answer is no, unless we only want to be at his holiday party for 30 minutes. I personally would be fine with that, but I don't think MH would be haha This is when I wish we lived closer to family and someone else could pick her up and take her to the concert and we just show up right as it's starting... no such luck though.
  • Y'all... I felt like straight up garbage this morning but feel like a million bucks now. It's like night and day after I eat breakfast. I think I need to start keeping some crackers on my night stand to eat first thing in the AM. This morning sickness shit is killing me while trying to get DD ready and out the door. Toddler tantrums over which shirt she's going to wear don't mix with MS.