June 2020 Moms
Options

November symptoms

Re: November symptoms

• Options
    @cookiemonstermomma11 I'm sorry your pregnant friends are making you feel guilty for taking anything, even if not intentionally. Try to remember everybody is so different and just because they could get by without it doesn't make them better or worse than you. I'd rather have to take something than sit with a bleeding nose for 45 minutes! Also, glad to hear about your poops 🤣

You are amazing for taking care of you, don't let anyone make you feel otherwise!
  • Options
    @kittysaurus thank you that makes me feel so much better! I’m learning I need to keep some things to myself because everyone has different views on their pregnancy. I’m doing what is best for me ❤️
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ugh ok so I was so happy I wasn’t constipated anymore.. but now I’m legit having diarrhea. Is this normal or should I call my dr?  
  • Options
    @kittysaurus thank you that makes me feel so much better! I’m learning I need to keep some things to myself because everyone has different views on their pregnancy. I’m doing what is best for me ❤️
    That is a great lesson. You'll find more of these instances as you make plans for birth and also start your parenting journey. Everyone has an opinion, but most of them don't matter.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    *snip*

Doctor said both Tylenol and Claritin were safe. I think my pregnant friends made me feel guilty because they don’t take anything and refuse to.. which is annoying 
    That’s nice if that works for them. But it’s not actually necessary and doesn’t work for everyone. I understand trying to limit it as much as possible but you’re still a person who needs to function. 

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • Options
    @cookiemonstermomma11 i got this one. I’ve had diarrhea this whole pregnancy. Usually about 3 times a day. I did with my daughter too. Stay hydrated and I would maybe pull off of one of your constipation remedies at a time til you find your happy place. I’m not sure which is a better situation to find yourself in but when you gotta go, just go!

Married: 12/19/15         

BFP: 9/4/17             
    EDD: 5/16/18
    DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

BFP: 10/1/19
    EDD: 6/12/20
  • Options
    @cookiemonstermomma11 same here! I threw everything at getting rid of the constipation and it worked- too well. Pregnancy digestion sucks 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am dying in our freakish 20-degrees-above-normal heat snap (90F+ at my house). Supposedly we're getting our first winter rain/storm tomorrow. Please keep all your fingers and toes crossed for me that it actually comes because I cannot do first tri + heat exhaustion. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kyrwyn are you in SoCal?  I am SO happy we're finally getting non-summer weather.

• Options
    @JessiBride Yeah! I'm in San Diego. It's still in the 80s today but there's talk of actual rain starting tonight/tomorrow and I am so excited. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kyrwyn - I'm a bit north (near santa clarita) and I'm so looking forward to rain!
  • Options
    @JessiBride It just started down here! I hope it gets to you soon. The rain smells so good after months and months of dry weather. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kyrwyn @JessiBride I'm just south of San Francisco and we're still waiting for our rain. I've forgotten what it looks like :(. It gets pretty cool at night but my apartment is like a freaking greenhouse. It traps all the heat from the sun, even with all the blinds shut, and just doesn't let go. Very few apartments have A/C in this area, ours doesn't, and it easily surpasses 85 degrees inside even in the winter. Low heating bills, but so dang uncomfortable! 
  • Options
    @mariabele Our house didn't have A/C but we put it in the summer I was pregnant with our first. It has been a huge quality of life improvement, but pricey for our electric bills. 85 inside is where I lose my calm with everything. :( I hope you get your rain soon and that it cools off for you. This year has been so hot. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kyrwyn We still rent, but I'll definitely be putting in A/C once we buy! I also just can't imagine trying to keep a baby cool in the summer with a rotating fan. :s
  • Options
    mariabele said:
    @kyrwyn We still rent, but I'll definitely be putting in A/C once we buy! I also just can't imagine trying to keep a baby cool in the summer with a rotating fan. :s
    We were in central Florida for my first, we had some AC, but it struggled and we totally had greenhouse affect. a small window unit in bedroom really made a difference. When it's 85+ inside I throw up, anytime during pregnancy. It also contributed to my pre-term labor. 

We're in northern Illinois now, but have no AC still, and it's regularly 90+ for quite a while in the summer. We now have window units in all bedrooms.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @mariabele
    you’re kidding. I’m smack in the middle of the country where we can have a 40 degree swing any day of the week. I can’t imagine not having A/C or heat. I know we get more extremes in winter and summer but our house is between 67-70 all year long. 85 would be killer. 

Also, you can borrow our rain and snow. I have traffic duty on Thursdays at school and somehow that’s always the day of downpours, cold snaps, or snowstorms. Take them all. 

DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

• Options
    @mariabele @kyrwyn We don't have AC either.  We're at 6000 feet, so while we do get some hot days in summer it usually cools down at night and we're good with fans.  We're getting snow today!
  • Options
    This baby seems to only ever be hungry at 3am. I need to find snacks that I can eat quickly and go back to bed. Crackers worked great early on but now they make me want to puke.

Anyone else just not hungry ever? Pretty much all food just sounds so blah. 
  • Options
    @runwmusic I've noticed that about crackers, too! Two of our dinner packs this week involved crushed crackers (once to top chicken, another to bind meatballs) and I just couldn't do it. So weird, since those are the most bland things that usually I love if my stomach is upset.

My appetite is picking up, but earlier on I didn't have much of one. Didn't really feel that sick, just wasn't hungry...until I was starving, at which I point I rapidly moved to panicky-sick mode until I ate something. Even then I got full pretty quickly, though.
  • Options
    @runwmusic I lived off of 3 am apple juice and cheese last time!  If we were still living in a house with a first floor master bedroom, I’d be all over it this time around but stairs at 3 am is too lofty an endeavor.

+1 to everything sounding blah, except those rare times when something sounds like the best. thing. ever.  Which for me is mostly tater tots.
    me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

• Options

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

• Options
    I have a 3am yogurt lol it’s quick and tastes good and I’m able to go back to sleep right away! 

Also- am I the only one who’s nose keeps bleeding? I’ve had two really bad bloody noses so far! Both were 45-1 hour long! Just finished one... so scary! 
  • Options
    I often have to eat in the middle of the night too - I keep granola bars/cookies next to my bed & eat them half awake.
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• Options
    And my appetite is unpredictable. I tend to be very hungry earlier in the day, but food sits awfully in my stomach in the late afternoon/evening. But if I don't eat adequately in the evening, I will wake up and need to eat in the middle of the night. 
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• Options
    I have now started with the SI Joint pain. Today I'm walking like I'm 100 yrs old because it hurts.  I remember this from last time and I think it only lasted like a week or two but ugh I'm so ready for my uterus to pop out of my pelvis.  On a happy note I'm nausea free x2 days with no meds. 
  • Options
    @cookiemonstermomma11 that was a second trimester onwards symptom for me last time! I never had a nose bleed in my life then I started getting them weekly if not more! Let’s see what happens this time 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @ReneeJ2011 last pregnancy I thought I had si joint pain but it ended up being my pelvis misalignment. I went to one pt session and it cleared up! Kept up with some stretches and didn't have anymore issues. This started later in the pregnancy though. 
  • Options
    Sorry this is gross buuuuttt- My gas is out of control 🤣. It’s awful! My poor family
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @hayhay2501 I told my husband if he wants to cuddle he has to be okay with being in the gas zone 🤷🏻‍♀️ Can’t help it!

Okay here’s another food item for you: a Whopper. I’ve been doing so much better with my nausea but still am not back up to prepregnancy weight. So today I had a Burger Kind Whopper and fries and it was the most delicious creation I’ve eaten in weeks. I ate all of it. Somehow, miraculously, all of it. I’ll probably throw it up later but I can’t care right now. 11 weeks today!

DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

• Options
    Gonna get a burger and fries tonight and I can’t waittttttt
  • Options
    Teen burgers from A&W are like one of the only meats I can eat and am not grossed out by
  • Options
    Had a bit of a scary moment this morning. In all the energy of putting up Christmas decorations this morning, I didn’t eat very much. Low blood sugar hit super fast with shaking, headache, and just weak. I’ve never experienced anything quite like it but I’m about 90% confident that’s what it was as my dad has been a type 1 diabetic my whole life. Immediately ate fruit snacks and some Irish soda bread on hand with water and took it easy til DH could get home. No other symptoms like cramping or bleeding. Feeling much better now after eating some stew and letting things work through my system but y’all! So scary. It took an hour for the shaking to subside. 

So so I guess posting to warn other people what to watch for/avoid doing while decorating for Christmas but also to hear if anyone else has experienced this lately? I know how to avoid it and what went wrong this morning (couldn’t get breakfast down and then forgotn) but just curious to hear from others. 

DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

• Options
    @alli392 I'm prone to low blood sugar episodes, especially during pregnancy, but other times too. It can be very scary. 

I keep sweet tarts and healthy juices around for days where I can't manage food or might have to postpone a meal. 
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm 9+1 and the nausea stepped up sharply today. Not loving life. I am dreading prepping the Thanksgiving turkey because poultry is super gross right now. I was never this sick with my first, so I definitely feel like there's a bit of comeuppance happening. Just trying to pretend like the end of first trimester is in sight. Thanks for listening to me whine. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @alli392 I'm prone to hypoglycemia and had an episode today too! I was on the subway on my way to dance class and started to feel incredibly weak and shaky. Once at my stop, I stumbled to a nearby CVS and got a banana and snickers. Good thing I was 20 min early and could just munch in the corner until class. Otherwise I don't think I could stand, much less move to music.
  • Options
    @alli392 I have episodes like that as well, more so when I’m pregnant ... not always at the most predictable times.  It got to where I carried around a box of apple juice and a protein snack in my tiny purse last pregnancy.  My midwife recommended juice to get my blood sugar up quickly, then follow it with a protein to help maintain it.

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

• Options
    @hayhay2501oh no!! I’ll die if these bloody noses get worse! I have thalassemia so the dr said I’ll most likely bleed more...

i l
  • Options
    So I have narrowed down the whole hair in mouth feeling to come when I have some sort of acid. But tums is not helping. I no longer have nausea from the pregnancy but the hair in mouth thing causes me to puke. I also can not stand cooking meat. It makes me feel sick, and gross.
  • Options
    @lizanet I had a horrible aversion to cooking meat with DS. It did go away in second tri!