May 2020 Moms
Options

Randoms Nov 11-17

Re: Randoms Nov 11-17

• Options
    I’m slightly annoyed, I had new rotors and brake pads put on my car this weekend and already it is not sounding right, like a metal to metal grinding. Oh and guess what shop is closed today...
  • Options
    @mamaj1220 Sounds like the brakes might have been put on backwards. You wouldn’t believe how often that happens. 

We found out this weekend that the placenta is nice and high (yay! No previa) so I can likely do a VBAC. But I have an anterior placenta again so I’m kind of worried about going through back labor again. With DS1 I had an anterior placenta and excruciating back labor. I’m not sure if I’d rather do back labor or a repeat CS honestly. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @rox7777 Ugh, I had back labor with DS and it was horrific. People who haven't experienced it just really don't understand. Did you have the c-section because of that? I had 27 hours of back labor with DS and needed a c-section anyway because he was sunnyside up and wouldn't fit through my pelvis. I did have a VBAC with DD, so if you have questions, I'm happy to chat. 
  • Options
    I just found out I have an anterior placenta, please tell me that doesn’t mean back labor necessarily. Regular labor was hard enough but I hear that’s worse. 
  • Options
    +1 on the back labor! Awful...
    I didn’t have an anterior placenta, just got lucky I guess. I never dilated past 4 cm so they had to go in with a C-section. I also will ask if I can be elegible for a VBAC.
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Back labor here too 😫. I did have an anterior placenta and I have one again... I did not need a c-section but I did need vacuum assistance. 
  • Options
    @ruby696 He was born vaginally and sunny side up! I had several hours of pain management though including a Percocet, morphine drip and then a epidural. I’m hoping to mentally prepare myself better this time and practice some meditation techniques because I was so out of it by the time I was ready to actually push. 

I told my husband it’s impossible to explain the pain. Back labor isn’t something I’d wish on my worst enemy. I’d also like to say I ended up with a second degree tear due to him being sunny side up. I’m nervous as hell. 
  • Options
    @Linsbins I believe you’re more likely to experience back labor with an anterior placenta because the baby is often pushed against the spine. That’s how my doctor explain it to me. However, other people can experience it too, it really depends on the baby’s position. Currently baby is hanging out behind the placenta near my spinal column (I can feel it with the back pain!) so that’s where my concern comes from. 
  • Options
    @rox7777 I'm so impressed you were able to deliver vaginally with a sunnyside up baby! I pushed for two hours and got no where. There was also meconium present, so after 27 hours they told me it was time for a c-section. I didn't have back labor with DD and I could not believe the difference. I do throw up once I get to a 9-10 though. So that's fun.
  • Options
    @ruby696 I delivered overseas at a military hospital which may have factored into it. They’re very old school there. I have huge hips which likely worked in my favor. The doctor did say it’s unusual to deliver sunny side up, which is likely why I tore even though I wasn’t pushing hard and he wasn’t a big baby. Overall it definitely wasn’t a pleasant experience (I actually preferred my emergency CS), but I’m still holding out hope this VBAC will be better overall.
  • Options
    @ruby696 I should also mention, I was in active labor for 22 hours and only pushed for 30! These doctors were hardcore that I could do it, so we did. A CS was never even mentioned.
  • Options
    @rox7777 I suspect if there hadn't been meconium present, they would have let me go longer. I had a VBAC with DD, with a small tear that required two stitches, and I think my c-section recovery was actually easier. I could sit down at least. 😆
  • Options
    Back labor here too. I delivered vaginally and she was sunnyside up. Labor was a lot easier after the epidural, but I pushed for almost three hours and it was wearing off by the time she actually came out.
  • Options
    Here’s hoping we all make it through labor and delivery with no back labor. That’s not something I’d want to experience twice. BUT I’m still hoping to prepare with some sort of meditation/breathing techniques to get me through it if it does happen this time. I labored at home in the bath until 5cm, which did help a little, but the hospital didn’t have that option. And I know our state laws don’t currently offer gas like I was hoping. 
  • Options
    My daughter was sunny side up and they warned me there was a good chance I would end up with a c-section.  I had the epidural and was kind of out of it, but according to DH and my mom who were in the delivery room one of the nurses took her watch off and was about elbow deep in me to turn the baby who I was then able to delivery vaginally after about an hour and a half of pushing.  I feel like DH was elaborating a little, but my mom backs him up on this story so who knows what really happened haha I was half asleep during that part.  I could do without the pushing for that long though.  So jealous of those moms whose babies just come right out in 2 pushes lol I'm not in good enough shape for the endurance that requires.  
  • Options
    Looking at my medical bills for the last year makes me sick.  Our system is beyond broken.
  • Options
    @Linsbins I had an anterior placenta with DD and did not have back labor! There is hope. I think back labor has more to due with which way the baby is facing rather than placement of the placenta. Although I'm sure the placement of the placenta can effect the baby's position.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    catem07catem07 member
    edited November 2019
    I can't remember where we were talking about board organization, so I'll post this here instead. I was just reminded of how on my last BMB, someone scolded a QUAD mom for starting her own thread. Tried to compare having quads to having pre-e (as in, we will have a thread for high risk pregnancies, imagine if every person with pre-e started their own thread...). Uh no, someone who is carrying four babies should definitely be able to start her own thread IMO. Of course the woman didn't come back after she was told off (she ended up having her babies a couple months early and AFAIK they are all doing well!)
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• Options
    @catem07 That seems harsh, but I'm also kind of curious as to who she was planning to engage with in a thread specific to being a quad mom...
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Options
    @shamrocandroll I would have seen it as more of a place for her to provide updates. It's AW-ish, but quads don't come around all the time...

• Options
    Wait, what? Someone actually started a dear diary thread so they could give updates about their specific pregnancy? I get quads are unusual, but no one pregnancy is more important than anyone else's. Update with everyone else. Not gonna lie - I would have been put off by that too.  Is there a link to this? It was probably entertaining if it happened in the good old days.
  • Options
    catem07catem07 member
    edited November 2019
    @ruby696 I don't remember why she started it. But I wanted it to exist for updates. Some pregnancies are more interesting than others. And it wasn't "the good old days." The super-into-organization people on the board flounced sometime late in the first tri when people pushed back slightly against the organization. 

• Options
    @catem07 Not sure what you mean about the good old days (literally, I'm not sure what you mean by flamed out - guessing you mean they got pissed?). I meant the days where people could speak freely without getting warnings/banned by TB Gods. That goes for everyone involved, not just one group. I enjoy reading the old threads where people said what they meant and didn't mince words. 
  • Options
    Readin you guys say the good old days reminds of the 2014 saga of Jessandtim, was anyone else around for that dumpster fire? My first BMB were all into it, we were like wtf is happening here. 
  • Options
    I guess I don't understand the point of bringing this up here. I don't think it's that much to ask of people here to intro here and at least try to participate in the community before posting their own thread, and I've yet to see anyone get flamed off the BMB. I've seen nothing but a gentle redirection to an intro thread or existing relevant thread. Are you suggesting everyone just start their own thread when they have something interesting to say? Because that sounds like a confusing mess. 
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    mamaj1220 said:
    Readin you guys say the good old days reminds of the 2014 saga of Jessandtim, was anyone else around for that dumpster fire? My first BMB were all into it, we were like wtf is happening here. 
    Oh god that was so great. It’s still searchable as far as I know. I do love reading the drama. Used to be a lot of it around here. 
  • Options
    @Linsbins I just remember reading it like this has to be a troll right 😂😂😂 i May have to search it one of these nights I can’t sleep 😂
  • Options
    @shamrocandroll I think she was just bringing it up as a random thought, I don’t think she’s trying to make anyone feel attacked.

@catem07 I would have read that too! It just sounds cool after see the large multiples on TV to get a more first hand account 
  • Options
    @mamaj1220 She said she couldn't find the conversation we had about this before (which was the UO thread last week, I believe) so was continuing it here. In that thread she stated people were flaming people for starting threads here, so I'm wondering what was so compelling for her to keep bringing this up.
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    Totally changing up the subject here with my random, but is anyone else here a snow plow widow? With the first flurries that happened today it reminded me how much I dislike when DH is gone for essentially days at a time when it snows because he runs a snow plow crew. I finally was able to find a daycare that doesn't close for snow unless the governor closes the roads, so thankfully I won't have to deal with so many snow days as i did the last few years! (until they get into elementary school that is). 
  • Options
    @mamaqdubu not a snow plow widow exactly, but a Season widow...I basically kiss my husband goodbye on November 1 and welcome him back the Monday after Easter. Our population triples with most of the influx being people over 65 and he’s an ED physician. It SUCKS. 
  • Options
    We had a snow all delay today so I spent my morning watching Disney + in case you guys didn't see it in the deals thread if you have an unlimited plan with Verizon you get Disney + free for a year. I actually enjoyed a star wars show today and really loved the live action lady and the tramp. 
  • Options
    Ok, maybe I’m just old, but what does “flaming” mean?   :D
  • Options
    I have a hard enough time with the slang and acronyms that are directly related to pregnancy!
  • Options
    @pirateduck basically flaming is kind of attacking someone based on something that they said/did. (Attacking might not be the best word choice)
  • Options
    @pirateduck the word I meant was “flounced” which is when someone leaves a group in a huff. With some dramatic post about why they’re quitting. Also applies on Facebook. 

Flaming is when people shame/judge/criticize/make fun of someone. 

• Options
    @mamaj1220 now you've got me curious on this Jessandtim thing.  Can you give us a cliff notes version? lol

So after my whole saga with my OB not calling me Thursday or Friday with NIPT results and then seeing them myself yesterday morning and seeing everything was fine (I think, but I'm not the dr) the office called me today after 4pm (3+ business days after I left my voicemail) asking me to come in tomorrow to discuss my results.  I said ok is something wrong?  The girl had no idea just said that because I called and DH called and told them I was so anxious the dr wanted to talk to me because I was so nervous.  Like what?  And she thinks calling telling me to come in to discuss results without confirming everything is good is going to make my anxiety better....? I asked if she could just call me tomorrow because I have a of meetings etc and she said no I have to come in.  I am so frustrated right now.  I feel 90% sure everything is fine and the girl calling probably screwed half of the memo up because she is really really dumb but also what if it isn't fine and I misread the results?  SO i get to go have a nice chat with my OB tomorrow and let her know how dumb her staff is and then possibly find a new OB depending on how it goes.  I just really really like her, but clearly they can't even take care of the patients they have so they need to get new better staff or stop taking new patients. This is so dumb.
  • Options
    @bananapanda ohh I don’t know there is a cliff notes for this level of crazy. The details are fuzzy but this drama got literally every board represented on it because she was out of her mind. If memory serves correctly, she claimed it was a horrible relationship which got people trying to help her but it went to this insane place of her lying about everything.
    Now I have to search it because it was the wildest thing I have ever seen
  • Options
    @bananapanda Whaaaat in the world???  What is up with this OB office?  I'm so sorry they're making this so incredibly difficult!!!
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    @bananapanda in sorry your ob sucks, mine called and left a message to call her back but not to worry because everything looked good. I think that was the best message I've recieved from a Dr no worry while trying to get a hold of them again. Why can't more get a clue like that?