May 2020 Moms
Options

UO Thursday 11/7

2»

Re: UO Thursday 11/7

• Options
    @lajoliedreamer this is the nicest BMB I’ve ever been a part of on this platform. In the past driveby posts would get you run out of town on an established board. Everyone here’s been really nice to these drivebys and things have stayed relativity drama free so far which is super cool. I enjoy not fighting.  :D That said, we do gotta pull for some board structure and organisation otherwise things can get a mess. 

I think for the rest of it, as we become more established the conversations will get easier as we get to know each other better. Not everyone comes back to answer everyone else’s posts and that’s not wrong either. It can be hard to do so on the phone, for example. BUT as we get increasingly comfortable with each other I think we will find the conversation flows more organically. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I just looked up my recipe @Austenista   to see what I already have and what I need to buy, I think I only need to buy the mac and the cheese, but have enough of everything else on hand.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I prefer the organization though I do feel the weekly check-ins are very redundant, we are all due the same week so we all are the same fruit, we all are about the same weeks and days do we need to repeat that every week? That stuff was interesting when  the weekly check ins were by the day of the week of your ticker changes because you could see where you might be or remember where you were.

As for people needing to ask questions, don't we have a questions thread? Ask questions there if you need to, you don't need your own personal thread for that. 

Most desserts are yummy, cake from a bakery or homemade is good, grocery store cake and frosting is just gross (MH only likes that sheet cake). Apple, pumpkin, chocolate, ice cream pie is good. Berry and Meat pies are not. Thanksgiving foods are amazing but mainly because we only have them a few times a year if we had it every week we'd probably get sick of all of it. 

I'm with who ever liked winter, but I hate winter once April is done. I'm also not looking forward to walking home in the snow storm we have going on right now because I'm an idiot and haven't busted out my winter coat yet. 

• Options
    @jhysmath I'm not a fan of most fruit pies - the exceptions being peach and apple. But give me all the fruit cobblers/crisps!
  • Options
    Oh, and someone mentioned shoveling snow pregnant, I have definitely shoveled lots of snow already, though the one storm I was getting too hot and felt like I was gonna pass out and started calling for my husband to shovel the last bit.
  • Options
    @m6agua I like the idea of one check in thread. It will get us all together and probably foster more interaction. 
    Me: 31 ~ DH: 34 
    FTM
    BFP: 9/5/19 ~ EDD 5/15/20
  • Options
    a GTKY other that UOs and FFFCs because honestly my UO is I don't typically like or participate in either of those threads and would love to see something different than those same threads week after week  :D I ended up here today because there wasn't anything else new and exciting that drew me in...  I feel like there's lots of talk on Mondays and then things tend to die off on The Bump.
  • Options
    To speak to participation I’m eternally frustrated with trying to use the bump app; I don’t remember it being this hard last time. Or maybe I’m just getting old lol. 
  • Options
    Hahaha...  no wonder... I never even heard of UO and FFFC before coming here and totally had to look up what they stood for and what it all means!  It's totally people like me that make it lame.   :D maybe I'm just too old!
  • Options
    Also I will eat any and all  thanksgiving food.
  • Options
    Now I'm going over to FFFC to confess something... 
  • Options
    On my DS’s BMB (‘13) there weren’t very many “rules” and people posted threads all the time. Most of the time it worked out great, but there were ones that ended in drama and fights. But, FFFC, they were super entertaining and the board was never boring! 

• Options
    @ruby696 I think that is what I meant originally when I said things are different. Things used to be so spicy haha I loved all the snark!
  • Options
    @brettanomyces Oh pre-2016. Love tits were the ultimate popularity contest. An easy way to know if your board actually liked you. I have quite the collection from my Nov 15 baby. I definitely seem to be collecting less this go but I’ve noticed it doesn’t seem as popular these days. But the app is even worse these days so that might factor in it too. 
  • Options
    @ruby696 I started some other BMB lurking reconnaissance for GTKY ideas!
  • Options
    On my previous BMB (D13) we also did what we called "Hot Seat" where someone new every week would volunteer to answer questions about whatever we came up with, it was a fun way to get to know each other. We also had some good UO and FFFC and continue that in our Facebook group to this day which is fun. I do think it is pretty early on still and I think it takes time to get comfortable with a new group.
  • Options
    Back in the day- at least on ttgp- we used to have so much fun with the drive-bys. Is there a do-not-engage rule now? 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @brettanomyces TB gods hand out warnings, lock your account, or ban you a lot more readily now.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    @m6agua ugh. I guess I should brush up on the TOU  :D

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @louessbee, that happens to me all the time!! I just wait a few seconds until the number of love tits goes up, if not they it doesn’t take...

I am surprised that the app hasn’t been upgraded since the last time I was on a BMB (2016). Really annoying...
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker