April 2020 Moms
Options

Crazy cravings

Re: Crazy cravings

• Options
    My daughter was all the salty cheesy happiness. My son was chocolate which I dont usually like. This kid seems carb happy. So...give me all the bread! 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I did the stereotypical pregnant lady thing this afternoon when I was coming back from my ultrasound. I was slightly queasy, but stopped to get a burger on the way back to the office...
  • Options
    @Kathryn0903 why not together?! Salty & sweet is my favorite combo lol. Now I want a frosty w some salty ass fries... Drool
  • Options
    I've been craving Thanksgiving dinner all week. I'm Canadian, so I only have to wait until tomorrow, but I'm really hoping it lives up to my preggo dream expectations  :D
  • Options
    I literally had a dream about a chocolate milkshake. Woke up in the middle of the night and ate ice cream. It was the best I could do at 2 am. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Options
    Noodles! Thai or chicken noodle soup. Definitely a bread over pasta/noodle person but have been craving noodles for a few weeks now! And a nice big cup of tart lemonade 😋
  • Options
    I'm having a love affair with fresh, cold, firm green grapes. If they're not perfect then I don't want 'em. Also crackers with cream cheese.
  • Options
    @literatureandink your craving has made me want crackers and that like herby cheesy spread stuff
  • Options
    @literatureandink @KFrob Yep. Sending DH to the store to buy me these crackers for the office. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Options
    @mercury94 I just had one of those babies in my lunch today! @KFrob do you mean THIS?
  • Options
    @literatureandink YES!  I would also take @mercury94 's crackers too!
  • Options
    I've been in love with strawberry cheesecake. I'm not usually a super sweets fan but cheesecake has my heart right now. 
  • Options
    @KFrob @literatureandink That boursin cheese was definitely not on my cravings before seeing that image and today it has been all I've wanted. Just sent hubby on a mission for it (along with baked mac & cheese with bread crumb topping...) :D
  • Options
    korthouse said:
    @KFrob @literatureandink That boursin cheese was definitely not on my cravings before seeing that image and today it has been all I've wanted. Just sent hubby on a mission for it (along with baked mac & cheese with bread crumb topping...) :D
    Sorryyyyyyyyyy!! I hope you love it though!
  • Options
    @literatureandink GAME CHANGER. I have obliterated half a wheel. Trou. Ble.
  • Options
    @momo_bear Yes to the tart lemonade. My husband was out at the store the other day and texted to ask if I needed anything. I said no, but then he got home and all of a sudden I was SOOOOOO mad I hadn't thought to have him get lemonade.
  • Options
    i was never a big fan of hard-boiled eggs but now that's the only way i want to eat them! and while this isn't a craving- has anybody else totally lost their taste for hot coffee?!?! i can't even stand the smell and it was always my favorite morning ritual !
  • Options
    Now I want hard boiled eggs and lemonade. Luckily I have some nice & cold tart lemonade in the fridge! I’m at the point where I basically want anything that someone else says they want. Lol
  • Options
    @literatureandink Same. It’s pretty much, someone mentioned a kind of food, so I have to have it. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Options
    @phinzlabyrinth I'm just getting my taste for coffee back. I had to switch to chai in first tri because I couldn't stand the smell or taste of coffee. I was so sad!
  • Options
    Lemonade sounds good right now! I’ve been eating sour patch kids today! I’m all about the tart and sour!
  • Options
    @phinzlabyrinth yes I had to totally give up coffee too. At first I just switched to decaf but it didnt matter.  It made me nauseas and then just the thought of it started to do the same.
  • Options
    I had a sudden and out-of-nowhere craving for salt water taffy last night, and managed to make it to Bulk Barn with 5 minutes until closing and it was on sale!!! I told them they made me a very happy pregnant lady.
  • Options
    I'm dying for a bacon and gouda egg sandwich from Starbucks
  • Options
    @KFrob my faaaaaaaavorite! Have you had their new grilled cheese?
  • Options
    KFrobKFrob member
    edited October 2019
    @literatureandink No I have not!!  Is it amazing?!  

edit to tag since I got excited and forgot to...
  • Options
    @KFrob if you like super cheesy then yes! They use a garlic butter instead of regular butter and holy s***.
  • Options
    @ejoseph16 For some reason I didn’t see this thread at the time, but I am here for the sour cream and onion chips. I am not a big chip person usually, but I saw a bag the other day when I went to Subway for a veggie sandwich, and honestly I ate all of the chips before I touched my sandwich!

@phinzlabyrinth Yes to hard-boiled eggs. They were one of the only things I could eat for breakfast in my first trimester. I’ve tried to scramble eggs a few times lately, and it just doesn’t do it for me. 

On another note: root beer float. I had the craving for over a week and finally gave in. So tasty. Typing this makes me want another!
  • Options
    @jenabary I've been wanting root beer too! Specifically fresh from A&W in those frosted glasses.
  • Options
    @literatureandink I'm sold!  I've been craving garlicy or pesto type things
  • Options
    im still waiting for my taste for it to come back but I really hope it does lol
  • Options
    I'm craving lemonade everyday! With the leg cramps at night, I figure the extra electrolytes would be helpful. 

Also fried foods, gimme all the fries! :wink:  
  • Options
    Okay, new weird one. I want a bowl full of those pickled julienned carrots they put in bahn mi sanwiches. So. Good.
  • Options
    @sanpelligrino I left work yesterday mid-afternoon in search of lemonade!
  • Options
    For the first time, as a TTM, I had the stereotypical pregnant lady craving of pickles yesterday!  
  • Options
    @KFrob Last pregnancy, pickles were my primary aversion. I gagged on one early and couldn’t eat them the whole 9 months. This time, I’m okay with pickles, but really only want a particular kind. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Options
    @mercury94 This pregnancy has ruined chili and BBQ sauce for me  :(
  • Options
    I’ve had a weird craving for lucky charms for a few weeks now. I haven’t caved and bought the box yet though. I try to avoid sugary cereals....not that’s I’ve avoided the cake or donuts this week (I haven’t). I contemplate those lucky charms every grocery trip though. 
  • Options
    I woke up this morning craving my mom's homemade applesauce. Since she's a 3 hour round trip away, I made it myself. It turned out so good. And I was able to use up a bunch of apples that have been sitting around for a couple weeks.