April 2020 Moms
Options

Crazy cravings

13»

Re: Crazy cravings

• Options
    The other night I had pickles and ice cream. Not at the same time (ew) but in the same evening. I felt like such a cliché  :D
  • Options
    I want movie theatre popcorn so bad right now!!!  And I’d like a can of Pepsi, which is weird since I’m traditionally on team Coca Cola. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Today I walked by someone who was cleaning with vinegar and suddenly desperately wanted salt and vinegar chips, which is not my go-to flavour
  • Options
    KFrobKFrob member
    edited December 2019
    @mandarenee898 mmmm salty popcorn and a cola product sounds so good 

Edit to add my weird craving lately has been pie crust 
  • Options
    I was on a mission to find jalapeño poppers a week ago!! TGI Friday’s does not sell them at their restaurant, so that was a disappointing trip!! They only sell them in the freezer section of grocery stores apparently. I did find some at a Mexican restaurant the next night. 
  • Options
    since the beginning of this pregnancy I've been loving/craving toast with cream cheese, peanut butter, and banana.
  • Options
    @phinzlabyrinth I've been craving those same things along with cheddar cheese sticks, Starbursts, Cheez-Its, and pizza. I think my baby has a dairy addiction, and I'm here for it. LOL. 
  • Options
    Zapp's New Orleans Kettle Style Voodoo Heat chips. They sound spicy so I avoided them when my husband brought them home despite being the queen of potato chips because spicy foods make my heartburn worse. But I tried them last night on a whim, and now all I can think about eating is a PBJ on wheat and those potato chips. They aren't really spicy and didn't give my heartburn last night so fingers crossed we'll be okay today. 
  • Options
    Not a coffee drinker on the norm, this week I’ve been craving lattes! I’ve only had 2 coffee related beverages this pregnancy! 

Also, loving peppermint stick ice cream and candy cane/mint right now! Tis the season!
  • Options
    @korthouse I have had salt and vinegar chips about 3 times this pregnancy and they are not my go to flavor normally!

@kfrob I’m going to the movies this weekend and may need to get some popcorn!! 🍿 
  • Options
    @sbalding88 pb&j and chips are such a go to for me even not pregnant!  This going to sound weird but the perfect flavor combo for me is pb&j, chips, and a pickle.
  • Options
    @kfrob I am totally here for that flavor combo.

I'm back to all Strawberry everything. If I could eat strawberries and strawberry greek yogurt and strawberry Breyers ice cream all day and night, I would. 
  • Options
    I have discovered that raw sugar snap peas pair well with peanut butter :P
  • Options
    @literatureandink I was on such a strawberry ice cream kick in the first trimester!  
  • Options
    @KFrob It's true - PBJ and chips have always been yummy - but I haven't craved it in my life like I do right now. And I'm 100% here for adding a pickle into the mix. lol. 
  • Options
    I went through a PB and pickle sandwich phase during my first pregnancy and had the same this time around. The sweet salty combo is delish!
  • Options
    I have been wanting peppermint ice cream. Bring on the bright pink-ness!!! Mmmm... Christmas ice cream run may be in store...
  • Options
    Let me preface this with: I really don't like cheese that much. I even take it off my pizza. 
    However... I've been craving it like every night! Mac'n'cheese, nachos, string cheese, straight from the bag. What is happening to me?! 😱
  • Options
    @babybison Also have had a major mac & cheese craving. The other day it was specifically for Annie's mac & cheese with roasted broccoli and bacon... but mac & cheese has always been a guilty comfort for me
  • Options
    @babybison Cheese has been the one thing that I've been able to eat the whole pregnancy. Even when most things made me sick in the first trimester! I had some homemade mac and cheese for dinner one night at my parents' house because I couldn't eat the pork they made, and it started an obsession that I think @korthouse understands! lol. For some reason, I especially crave cream cheese, which is something I don't eat normally unless it's in a dish or on a bagel, but I keep finding myself wanting to eat it right out of its package or smeared onto Saltine crackers. :open_mouth: I did like cheese before my pregnancy, but I didn't eat much of it. 
  • Options
    @sbalding88 @korthouse   Horomones are weird 😆
  • Options
    Been craving more things lately. Craving eggs, french fries, and taco bell. Alsp sweets, but that's been this whole pregnancy.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    krthousekrthouse member
    edited January 2020
    @Kathryn0903 My sweet tooth has been going strong this whole pregnancy too. Hoping my glucose test results don't mean I have to keep that monster at bay because she's real strong  :D
  • Options
    @korthouse I was scared that I would get a bad glucose test, but thankfully I passed and can continue with the sweets.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @korthouse I hope your glucose test goes well. It’s definitely been a challenge for me just to cut down on sweets at all after my borderline result. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Options
    All I am craving right now is Girl Scout cookies. Namely, Thin Mints. Gimme all of them.