May 2020 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 10/28

2»

Re: Weekly Randoms 10/28

• Options
    @mamaqdubu I think we can decide as a group whenever to start it. However it is still a blump for most of us. I'm 12 weeks tomorrow, STM and have been thinking that my belly is more shaped and I'm getting a little bump. Now I had a little fluff before hand, but the fluff looks different. I was quickly reminded at my appointment yesterday that my uterus is still just at my pubic bone, so my "bump" is for sure a "blump"! But I am embracing it!  :p
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    @m6agua oh it's for sure blump... hence hump day blump day.... but yeah, i hear ya!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @m6agua I'm also embracing the blump.  My Halloween "costume" for work is just a skeleton shirt with a little baby skeleton as my announcement to coworkers. It's a maternity shirt with ruched sides which emphasizes my belly (which of course isn't baby bump but leftover weight from DD and all the tacos I eat).  But I think a lot of people don't really know what a 12 week pregnant belly should look like unless they are or were very recently pregnant so I can probably get a pass.  It's too late to get something else now so I'm just going to own it even knowing that everyone is going to be focused on my blump tomorrow lol
  • Options
    @mamaqdubu Whenever you want it to, my friend!  Anyone is welcome to start it.  I didn't really start participating until closer to 20 weeks last time, but I know different people have different comfort levels.  But people who want to participate now totally can!
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Options
    @mokay19 @ruby696

I wasn't trying to bash fathers-- sorry if it came off like that. I know that they have a huge role. An important, and much appreciated role. I just meant that their advice comes with a grain of salt because our experiences are different. Particularly when it comes to our job role. I truly appreciate their support. It's just the advice isn't always applicable. 
    Me: 28  DH: 29
    FTM
    BFP 08/25/19, EDD 05/04/20
  • Options
    I work almost exclusively with men, and would love to have more of them be supportive/encouraging in terms of pregnancy and motherhood.  Instead, most of them either ignore it or make stupid comments like maternity leave being "extra vacation time".  If they are trying to be supportive, that's great.  Try not to hold it against them that they aren't/can't be the ones doing the actual childbearing.
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Options
    @mamaqdubu I didn't even see that you said blump, I read it as bump.  :p I think I need to just back away from my computer for the day and go home and nap. I don't think my boss would appreciate that though.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    Yay for power @ruby696 and @soprano19! And congratulations on the house @Austenista !
  • Options
    @shamrocandroll I hope you tell these men to enjoy their extended vacation time when they say they'll be out for surgery or a medical procedure next time. 🙄
    Me: 30 | H: 34
    Married July 2018
    First-Time Mom
    EDD: 5/1/20  *please stick, baby*
  • Options
    The app sucks for me too right now. I’m finally just getting on safari on my phone instead. Lots to catch up on! 

Halloween was interesting for us. DD1 and DD2 dressed up as Disney princesses. DD3 was a baby deer. I wore a “something’s brewing” cauldron maternity shirt for our announcement. No one at the in-laws said a word. Posted our Halloween costumes on Facebook and Facebook immediately ran with it. Dealing with consequences now. *shrug* 

I have a huge deadline at work and need to cram to get it done now since I’ve been gone so much with trainings. 

@shamrockandroll I am cackling at your Facebook suggestions. 
  • Options
    The men and maternity leave comments also make me cackle. MH got 3 weeks of paternity leave when he was active duty with DS1. We saved it until he was 3 months and flew back stateside so family could see him for the first time.

All of his coworkers were giving him crap about it when he got back. “Oh, must be nice to get a midsummer vacation.” MH immediately reminded them that he flew 16 hours one way with a 3 month old and then drove 3 hours home and then did it all again to get back. Not to mention DS1 didn’t sleep, had reflux and spent most of his time puking. Those were the days. 😂
  • Options
    @Austenista super late, but congrats on the house! That will be so exciting to have a new place for the new year. We are just getting settled in our new place and it’s so great to have more space.  But we are first time home owners and getting used to things like...spending all of Saturday morning raking leaves / trying to convince our toddler not to run into the street from the front yard. :) 
  • Options
    So we have a few renovations we want to get done before May and DFs dad came today and took measurements and said he would do it all for us in the next couple weeks so I don’t have to stress it, I truly adore his dad and stepmom like just going out of their way to help.
  • Options
    Oohhh @mamaj1220 your home will be so fresh and perfect by the time baby arrives!  Our biggie is that we need new carpet upstairs, which we have needed since we moved in a few years ago, but now I have a deadline to get it done!  Also reorganizing is already proving to be a nightmare. My husband is very resistant to change and also resistant to putting things away.  He says he can never find anything and I say If you put stuff away in its proper spot you can always find it.  If it was his house there would be no cabinets, closets, or dressers/furniture and everything he owned would just be spread across all the floors so he can see what he’s looking for from across the room.  He can’t handle that the baby’s room will no longer be another spot for him to pile crap.