June 2020 Moms

Re: November symptoms

• it doesn't matter if I stop consuming liquids hoursss before bed, I am still up every single hour to pee.

and, dear god of Colace and Miralax, please work
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• rachelredheadrachelredhead member
    edited November 2019
    The constipation is no joke. I’ve had super vivid dreams that have woken me up, too, which is super weird. Also queasy, no feeling of puking but very burpy and generally bleh about food. *lurking from July group bc our BMB isn’t open yet*
  • Loading the player...
  • Started Unisom and b6 combo per doctor instructions. Anyone else feel like a fog descended on their brain from the Unisom?

Married: 12/19/15         

BFP: 9/4/17             
    EDD: 5/16/18
    DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

BFP: 10/1/19
    EDD: 6/12/20
  • @alli392 I feel like I have to take Unisom probably 10 hours or so before I need to be actually functional. 

The symptom I hate the most is this personal space claustrophobia thing I have going. When he’s getting sleepy & we’re doing prebed snuggles, DS likes to reach up and caress my face. Normally it’s one of the sweetest, best parts of the day. Now, I can’t handle his streamy little mitt harassing my face it and it makes me want to jump out of my skin. 

I miss tacos. I want so badly to want a taco. Or any Mexican food. But they just sound disgusting. H keeps trying to be sweet and suggesting my favorite food and they’re all yuck. 

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • @kiki75 yes. The fog is so real. I took it last night and I still feel it. 

I have to admit though, with the unisom and b6 on board, today is the 1st day in 3.5 weeks I’ve managed to eat like normal. And mostly enjoyed it. And I literally cried happy tears at being able to do so. I’ve missed food so much and today I don’t have to be hungry but too nauseous to eat!!

DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

• Nausea hit me full force yesterday. I had to stop
    on the way home from work and buy some candied ginger. It does actually help me though. 
  • The Bonjesta is definitely helping my MS but I still have bad days and random waves throughout the day. I’m at least not dehydrated anymore though. The bloat and heartburn are real. I’m tired all the time and I’m cranky AF. Like really cranky.... 
  • petethecatpetethecat member
    edited November 2019
  • Hi friend, @petethecat!!! Excited to be on this journey with you again!
  • runwmusicrunwmusic member
    edited November 2019
    There is no way I can hide my belly until second trimester. It's already bigger than my boobs and I was big chested before getting pregnant and those bras no longer fit. It is absolutely insane I'm only ten weeks on Monday and I already look like I'm 15 weeks pregnant minimum. 
  • 2.5 hours is my absolute maximum I can go without food before I feel sick to my stomach. So I’ve been doing a LOT of snacking and most of the healthy options just aren’t appetizing.

Last night I looked at my boobs and was horrified at how veiny they are 😬 They look a little less hulky today but Jesus Christ. They’ve also apparently grown because one my favourite bras now has to enter retirement...
  • I'm about to buy some stretchy bras and retire my regular ones. I was a 34H prior to pregnancy (thank you pregnancy #1 was a G before that one) and they feel so constricting and uncomfortable now.  I'm probably just going to buy stretchy nursing bras sonata least they will be useful after pregnancy too. 
  • I have been feeling kinda dizzy lately here and there and mostly after I eat. Not sure why after meals but it does go away in like 20 mins. I had one incident the other week where I was out with my hubby for lunch and the room started to spin like crazy and I felt like I was on some spinning ride. It was kinda scary. I had to lay down in my chair for about 5 mins or so and then it went away and I felt fine after. Is anyone else experiencing any kind of dizziness at all?
  • @mindyb2019 do you have low blood pressure? Pregnancy gives me pretty low blood pressure so I get dizzy very easily. But mostly from sudden movements or not eating. Not sure why it would happen after eating unless your blood sugar is already low and your body is trying to process it? 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • yeah pregnancy lowered my bp last time too and I'd lose my vision when I'd stand and stuff

An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

• @hayhay2501 no I don’t have low blood pressure. my doctor has checked all that stuff and my blood pressure looks great and is bang on where it should be. I also suffer from vertigo too though so maybe it’s been acting up a lot lately and it wasn’t my pregnancy. IDK 🤷‍♀️ Not sure why it would be after I’m eating either. 

@saladflambe OMG girl u lost your vision when you would stand? That’s scary, wow. So sorry that happened. 
  • @mindyb2019 I have vertigo as well and pregnancy makes my sinus pressure so much worse. Maybe you just have some extra sensitivity to it. What doesn't fit for me if the food timing though. Either way hope it passes! 
  • @runwmusic yay someone else with vertigo lol  I feel ya on the sinus pressure. Since I’ve been pregnant, my sinus pressure has been so much worse then normal. Maybe it’s because of my vertigo too. Does your vertigo act up at all in pregnancy and you feel dizzy etc? Ya the food timing doesn’t fit for me either. Thanks. I hope it passes soon too. I hate feeling dizzy. 🥴 
  • @mindyb2019 it's not that uncommon for me - it used to happen after my long runs during marathon training too - blood pressure drop and all that. It's not so scary now I"m used to it. When I'm truly about to faint, it usually comes on differently (have fainted before).

• I feel sooo sick today. Nausated, headache that's coming and going... threw up for the first time (not a lot, but still). Doing this while taking care of a toddler is so much harder.

• @saladflambe wow that’s nuts. How long would you loose your vision for? I’ve fainted before just once. It was a weird feeling. sorry your feeling very sick today. I hope it passes soon and that you feel better. I’m not feeling well today either. No nausea or anything just feeling incredibly dizzy and weird and kinda off balance. I just want to lay down all day but have to drive to work soon 😢 I hope I’m not like this all day. 
  • @mindyb2019 only like 5 seconds -- you know when you stand too fast & your vision goes? That's what I'm referring to except it didn't matter how slowly I stood up. "Browning out?" lol.

Yeah, when I've fainted, it's been a slower process -- my hearing actually changes before my vision does & is what gives it away that it's going to happen

• Almost 9 weeks and it’s been an up and down week. Started by being super queasy and tired and by the end of the week the nausea subsided and am slightly less zombie-like. Woke up feeling the least nauseous I’ve felt all week (and got 10 hours of sleep) so I’m legit excited to work out today for the first time in a week!

Also my pants are starting to get tight - even though I haven’t gained any weight yet.  Pretty sure it’s mostly gas/constipation bc wow is that intense!! 
  • @mindyb2019 I've just gotten used to not believing I'm falling as stupid as that sounds. I do nasal rinses twice a day to make sure no infection starts up because that would make it way worse. 
  • @mindyb2019 I am extra dizzy over everything during pregnancy. Can't even sit in a porch swing while it moves. I do tend towards low blood pressure, and low blood sugar too. The low blood sugar can especially hit right after eating, especially if it was a low sugar, low starch meal. Getting energy from fats and proteins takes more time and effort from body initially, and so it can use up your available sugars to get digestion started. If I waited too long to eat, I try to have a few sips of juice or some fruit as I'm preparing other food, or right at start of meal to cushion my system, give me available sugars before it has to process protein.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Omg I think I have an effing yeast infection. NOOOOOOOO.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @hayhay2501 Oh NO! 
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @hayhay2501 oh dear. 😩 that’s not good. Sorry girl. Hope you feel better soon ❤️ 
  • I can’t stop eating.. just put on maternity leggings.. am only 8 weeks!  Ahh, but tummy feels so full and the thought of squeezing into jeans today was not appealing!!
  • @hayhay2501 eek!  Hope you get better soon
  • Super lightheaded and slightly dizzy today at work, took my blood pressure which is actually on the high side for me. Unfortunately the glucometers wont work without a patient identifier so I cant check my sugars. Have 6 more hours to make it...and tomorrow then we have our first appointment. 
  • Anyone else having trouble with the app?

Had a great last two days with minimal nausea and An actual desire to eat. Thanks unisom and b6! Don’t know what changed today but can’t eat a thing.  8+2 days. Holding out hope for getting off progesterone at 10 weeks to help. 

For everyone out there spending their weekend laying on the couch, I’m there too (and used it as an excuse to watch White Christmas while DD napped. I have no shame and no regrets)

DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

• the app and I don't get along, so I use mobile browser. 

I have noticed that days I manage to get more fluids in, I'm less nauseous, but it's hard to do as drinking a large amount of even water at one time makes me feel sick. Just another catch-22.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • The past few days, nausea has hit full force. I was getting use to the food aversions, but now i cant even think or smell certain things without almost puking. I miss eating 😭 
  • This weekend has been rough. Beforehand eating every couple hours would stop my nausea but now nothing helps.
  • @diagonalley I feel ya on the gas. I literally can’t stop this evening 😆😂 
  • Thank you handful of prunes, I am back to looking 9 weeks pregnant instead of 18 weeks! Ugh. 🙄
  • Laid on my bathroom floor for a solid 5 mins this morning trying not to vomit. 
  • @chaos-and-coffee awww.. I’m sorry your not feeling well.❤️ That sucks. Hope you are feeling better soon.