January 2020 Moms
Options

PG or FB Transition

2»

Re: PG or FB Transition

• Options
    For the majority I feel like we know who is involved and who isn’t, so it wouldn’t be too hard to discern who should be invited. 
  • Options
    @FyreFlyeRush would be good to have your input on anything security related since you do have the IT training and would definitely feel comfortable hearing your experience or suggestions on it!!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Does this mean I will have to get FB to still chat with you all?  I've really enjoyed having a group to chat with. 
    If I create a FB account under my dog's name can I still join?
  • Options
    @ponyoisfun - No, currently it looks like we are moving to a private group still on TB.
  • Options
    @ponyoisfun haha hold off for now until we see where we will go first :)
  • Options
    I'd probably prefer to take pics in the home with a specific object & username vs taking a pic in the middle of a grocery store or mall or something.  Just my two cents.  I agree 3 admins should suffice for the size of our group.
  • Options
    In my previous bmb fb group we have 3 admins & were a lot bigger number wise. Im one of them but to be honest, ive only had to do an adminy thing twice other than the initial getting the page started. 
    We had a split when the babies were a year old & the original fb page had 1 admin & 3-5 moderators. The split left behind several moderators & the page has been so much nicer & easier since 🤷🏻‍♀️
    Id also prefer taking a pic at home than in a public place!
  • Options
    Sorry if I'm lost, but why are we doing this again? I had originally thought people wanted to go to FB because the bump app sucks (it does). Now it seems like we're staying on the bump but going private because we're worried about catfish? Or is this just a normal part of these boards where there comes a time to prove we're pregnant? I'm probably just a noob, but this seems a bit odd or out of the blue. Help me ladies, I'm confused! 
  • Options
    @noranorabobora I think we are transitioning to a private group so we can be less anonymous strangers over the internet....you know not be public where everyone can see everything about us. I imagine that is why the screening bit is so important to the process. Want to stay on TB just so we don't lose those without FB. 
  • Options
    FyreFlyeRushFyreFlyeRush member
    edited October 2019
    OK, so on the pic...make sure whatever is chosen as an item is something that doesn't really reveal anything identifiable about where (specifically) you live, your family, your home, net worth, etc. No one should be forced into giving Personally Identifiable Information about themselves, either. A safe bet, anything that can be an answer to a security question should be a flat out NO. 

EDIT - It sounds silly, but people are sneaky. Using FB, for example, provides a LOT of information about yourself to strangers. And with an email address, your favorite color, pet's name, place you met your spouse...you've given hackers/phishers a LOT of information without thinking about it. 
  • Options
    @noranorabobora I'm seconding what other's are saying, I definitely won't be posting my birth announcement / pictures any specific details when things go down. I honestly contemplate even posting on HDBD each week and probably once we are private may go back to delete some of the photo's it just worries me... 

@FyreFlyeRush good points there. We can definitely stay with something christmas related :)
  • Options
    @c1kc1kpol1cn1k . Thanks for the reassurance.  I totally would like to do a private group.  I am not comfortable posting photos either when everything is public...And I want to show you all my family!  
  • Options
    I'll probably just bow out of both, honestly. I absolutely hate this app. It's given me so much trouble when I moved and now that I'm back stateside there's no way I've posted 20-30 in a month lol. @valerie4786 can vouch that I'm a real person since we were in May 2016 together, but I really struggle with using this app unfortunately. 
  • Options
    @Mslan does it not just work if you open up your browser on your phone?
  • Options
    I swear @Mslan is a real person!!  I agree, I hate the bump app & browser even...I think the app is so glitchy.  But just in general I think it's hard to foster connections on here because if you're not 100% up to date on threads you can get behind quickly and if you wanted to tag/comment to someone your opportunity passes quickly because of 20 other comments and then you've forgotten who you wanted to tag or what you wanted to say by the time you read through and get to the bottom.  I just think FB is so much more user friendly in terms of commenting directly to someone, staying engaged in conversation, posts are easier to follow, etc.
  • Options
    @c1kc1kpol1cn1k It works. It’s just not user friendly enough for me to want to spend time navigating it. I vote for FB, but I get I’ve been absent a lot. I’m trying to be better lol.
  • Options
    Suggestion for proof: picture of your bump with your screen name written on a piece of paper. You can block your face or w.e. with an emoji or something?