January 2020 Moms

October Symptoms

Re: October Symptoms

• @FyreFlyeRush I hate half a box of Cheez-It snack mix at 11:30 last night after I had already had taco Tuesday for dinner because I just got this sensation that I had to eat them or I'd never be able to go to sleep...... 

I also commiserate with the baby movements. Baby girl B likes to roll round near my navel (to the point where I'm starting to look like those weird bump gifs) and Baby girl A likes to kick the bladder. 
  • @amb0924, I couldn't imagine dealing with two of them in there squirming around like this. I'm so sorry!
  • Loading the player...
  • @amb0924 im starting to resemble the bump gifs now too! Baby boy is higher up & much more visible & defined in his movements than baby girl, shes almost still like flutters. Though she is breech & gives the odd kick that definitely feels like shes trying to escape!
  • @peppyj9 that's OK. Ibdont feel like talking to or socializing with my SO, but I'm hurt and mad at him because he's leaving me alone instead of trying to coddle me, which would just piss me off. 
  • @peppyj9 isn’t pregnancy so glamorous? 🤣 When I was pregnant with ds I remember going out for dinner and then having a meltdown because I couldn’t back the car out of the parking lot. It was so tight and i have a full size suv. Dh didn’t know what to do lol. 
  • @peppyj9 ah, gotta love the random crying breakdowns. The good news is that now you'll be prepared for the random crying breakdowns post partum. 😂 I found I alternated between crying and being insanely angry.
  • @FyreFlyeRush @kbrown2385 lol. Glad I'm not the only one. Who knew pregnancy could make us so rational? 😅
  • peppyj9peppyj9 member
    edited October 2019
    @persnickity I seriously felt like a child but I couldn't stop! Lol. So, you're saying this is what I get to deal with as a mom? 🥴 or do you mean I'll stil randomly cry even after pregnancy?

Edit: more to add
  • @peppyj9 until your post partum hormones sort themselves out, you may randomly find yourself crying. Add in being tired and adjusting to a new schedule, and don't be surprised to have this rollercoaster again.
  • @peppyj9 that sounds so awful. I relayed your story to DH and he fully understands how your hubby feels which must mean that this has happened more than once to him already. 

I may or may not have just been sitting at my computer reading a student's personal statement for graduate school and crying! So yeah....it happens.
  • I woke up in the middle of the night to a lot of pain low in my abdomen.  It didn't really feel like cramping or like a contraction to me - it was a feeling I haven't had before (and this bring my 4th child, I have had lots of different aches and pains).  Though I should have checked to see if my belly felt tight - I didn't think of that til after.  I eventually got on my hands and knees for a bit, and drank a few sips of water, then layed down on my other side.   Baby started going nuts and the pain went away. Anyone else have this one happen to them? 
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• @MollySm was it nearly like a sharp stitch like pain? ive gotten that a few times, a couple of weeks ago it was so painful i was in tears with it. I think it was to do with the positioning of one of the babies as when i lay down on my other side they shifted and the pain left. I usually get it after ive walked for a bit and jostled them into an awkward position.
  • @MollySm, I get a really painful sensation that feels like a cross between a contraction and a cramp that seems to be from the baby moving himself into some weird position, stretching part of my uterus. I can usually feel a lump that's him. I push on it, he moves, and I'm fine. Also, this is my third child and BH are outright painful this time! 
  • It was all the way across, not just in one spot, but maybe he settled himself low down there and it was just painful all of a sudden.  Or maybe it was a BH, this is my 4th so maybe I need to get used to them being stronger.  It's still a little achy this morning, but not like it was last night, and he is moving around fine in there, so things seem okay now.  H is out of town for work, so I didn't love being up in pain in the middle of the night by myself, in case something went actually wrong.  I think that made me more nervous about it than I would have been normally.  
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• @biolprof it definitely wasn't pleasant lol. But I'm grateful MH did his best to be understanding but I could tell he felt a bit helpless asking me "what can I do?" And I'm just sobbing "I don't know.." just gotta let the emotions run their course I guess 🤷‍♀️

@MollySm that sounds so scary but I'm happy to hear baby is moving around in there so it sounds like everything is OK. As this is my first, I can't offer any wisdom, but I would say it's worth a call to your OB, just for a phone chat and peace of mind. Agree that being alone would amplify the situation. Is YH coming home soon?
  • @MollySm that sounds unsettling but the fact that it got better is obviously a good sign.  Maybe call your OB just to see what they have to say? I get the exact same thing @FyreFlyeRush described, with baby pushing on my uterus and feeling like a cross between a cramp and a contraction.

I had my first official freak out last night and it still has me shaken. Baby is usually pretty quiet during the night but if I poke my belly I can get a few kicks for reassurance.  Last night I woke up in the middle of the night and got nothing for over 20 minutes. Rolled side to side, poked around all over, nothing. I started getting scared and grabbed my Doppler and found her heartbeat but still no movement.  I was freaking out and thought about calling L&D, but I'm a nurse myself so put my nurse hat on and told myself to do what I would tell a patient calling in my situation.  So I went downstairs and drank some juice and ate some candy and finally she started moving around. But the fear and terror that something was wrong has stayed with me all day and I can't shake it.  Has anyone else had a major freak out moment?  I knew this would start to happen the further along I got and I am scared this will be come a more regular thing. 
  • @DalexRN the freak out moments happen all the time. Hard to keep the logic of it over all the emotions. Good for you for working through it and figuring out how to reassure yourself!
  • @dalexrn i havnt had it this time round but with dd i had a scare like that. However, the previous day to it i think dd flipped to go head down & completely winded me. I think she was just exhausted from the effort it took her to get head down & needed a good rest but i was very close to going in to be checked out after drinking sugary drinks etc. Hopefully you'll get more movement today!
  • @DalexRN sorry you had that freak out. I haven't had anything major like that yet, just the other night I had a long tiring day and was at a wedding all night, the next day I didn't feel baby much and got nervous, but cold water helped right away
  • @DalexRN, I've gotten so used to him stirring when I roll over in the night, that if I don't get a re-assuring THUMP, I kind of panic and try to remember the last time I felt him move. Then I shove him around...then I curse myself for waking the beast, because now it's Rumba on Mommy's Bladder and Shake Maracas at Mommy's Ribs Time!

I've had issues like that in BOTH my pregnancies. Movement TENDS to feel different as they run out of room. So before we could feel every little squiggle and bump, but now we may only feel the harder kicks. hits, and rolls. 
  • @DalexRN - I haven't had a baby movement freak out yet this pregnancy, but I definitely have with my other girls.  It's not fun.  Hopefully after a day of good movement you will feel more reassured.  
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• UGH I'm regretting caffeine today. It's just making her kicks harder and crazier. Mommy needs that caffeine missy. Not you LOL.
    PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
    PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
    PG #3: EDD 12/15/23
  • FyreFlyeRushFyreFlyeRush member
    edited October 2019
    @stashattack, it was SOOOO chilly this morning that I splurged and had TWO CUPS! He's been insane ever since. *sigh*

EDIT - I swear my SO is developing sympathetic pregnancy. He's been craving fried chicken since June. He's moody. Gained weight. And now...he's NESTING. And I'm not there to supervise. This is how I end up looking for my rice cooker in the laundry room because he decided the kitchen was no longer a logical place for it...or I come home and find the bedroom re-arranged. He's also got preggo brain, and put a cup of tea in the fridge, while putting the pitcher of it on his bedside table.  :s
  • i am absolutely starving this morning! it feels like there is a hole in me that can't be filled!
  • @biolprof so glad to hear everything is ok! & silly as you may feel now it is always much better to be checked out just incase!!
  • I was lying in bed watching KPop videos on YouTube and settled the phone on my stomach absently. Baby went crazy kicking the phone. If I moved it, he'd move to the new spot and kick again. He's reacted to music for a while now, but this was on a whole new level. It was so cute to play with him like that! 
  • @biolprof that would have freaked me out too!  I'm glad you went in and it all checked out ok.  I ended up calling my OB with my concerns and they sent me to L&D also to be monitored.  All was well and of course baby perked up the minute I got there.  I felt silly too but all the nurses reassured me I did the right thing and should have come in so that made me feel better.  Let's hope for no more scares for either of us!

@FyreFlyeRush How fun!  I need to try that and see if baby reacts similarly.  

• @DalexRN i think they would much rather have you come in then there be something wrong. Everyone made me feel validated so that was nice. Glad you had a similar experience! Hopefully things are smooth sailing from here!
  • @biolprof - I've gone in with a previous pregnancy for water breaking to find out it wasn't that.  It gets so hard to tell!  Better to know, I think. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• so random but under my arms seem to be getting darker now haha

also my right side rib's feel about ready to pop they hurt so bad!
  • Insomnia has started! Ahh!
  • jaceru said:
    Insomnia has started! Ahh!
    Count me in on that. Assuming I can get to sleep, I pop awake at like 2 or 3 and I'm done for, sleep wise. 
  • jaceru said:
    Insomnia has started! Ahh!
    Count me in on that. Assuming I can get to sleep, I pop awake at like 2 or 3 and I'm done for, sleep wise. 
    Me too! 😭 usually around 3-5am 
  • I think maybe I'm at the point that everything is just uncomfortable, which scares me because I still have 10 weeks to go!  Like, sleep sucks and I'm perpetually exhausted.  I have to pee every 1-3 hours or I may pee my pants from him sending a swift kick to the bladder.  My heartburn is typically unbearable on any given day and idk how I'll make it 2.5 more months with it.  I have this broken vagina/SPD stuff that makes what should be simple movements hurt.  And I got my flu shot this morning and my arm is so dang sore from it. 😫  Sorry, I think I just need to whine!
  • @valerie4786, I am so there with you, madam! And whine away. You're in a forum full of women who get it. I've been over this pregnancy since week 25, and I'm still not even in the third tri yet. Sad part is....it's SO MUCH easier than DS1. I'm just UGH, there's HOW MANY WEEKS LEFT??????
  • @valerie4786 I was up from 2:30-5am again and had my normal alarm at 6am plus I am also dealing with SPD which came back suddenly with a vengeance! So all this is to say I totally can relate. Solidarity!
  • Somehow these kicks to my diaphragm and ribs are making nauseous. I love her, I love knowing she's an actively lil bug. But mama wants a breaaaakkkk
    PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
    PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
    PG #3: EDD 12/15/23
  • @valerie4786 hang in there <3 

I think the carpel tunnel is coming back slowly (like it did last time). I was hoping to hold off a little longer sleeping with braces again but we'll see the next couple nights how it goes