May 2020 Moms
Options

What my pregnant self is eating

I've seen this before on other boards and figured it could be fun to commiserate!
TTC#1 July 2015 
  • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
  • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
TTC#2 April 2019 
  • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

Re: What my pregnant self is eating

• Options
    This morning I had left over french fries with cheese sauce from Buffalo Wild Wings, a pickle and my coffee (with coconut creamer and collagen powder). Hey, at least I hit a few food groups and also got in some probiotics.  ;)
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• Options
    Not gonna lie @m6agua, the fries with cheese sauce sounds delicious. I grabbed a bagel with cream cheese and a hot chocolate on the way to work. And a bag of kettle chips. Can't wait to open those! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @m6agua I cannot do coffee right now *gag* but your pickle sounds delicious lol

@ruby696 I've been eating nacho cheese Doritos, so yummy and so nice on my nauseous stomach. Enjoy your chips

Currently I'm eating a sausauge and cheese sandwich on sourdough with a banana on the side and hot tea with honey
  • Options
    @ruby696 I had  bagel and hot chocolate this morning too! 

For lunch I bought a second bagel and have pumpkin seeds I roasted last night. I'm actually looking forward to lunch today. 

MH put the pan I make my eggs in into the sink last night so out of protest I did not make eggs for DD and I and made him make breakfast for her and I went to dunkins. I know I'm gross, but I can fry an egg in the pan multiple days with out washing it because there's nothing but butter in the pan and I'm not hand washing it every day. 
  • Options
    I’ve been eating cereal for weeks now, but I woke up feeling good for the first time in weeks. 11 weeks today so I’m hoping second trimester is coming in hot with less nausea. Currently craving chocolate pudding and toast with Nutella and bananas, so I’m about to head to the store. 

@m6agua I’ve eaten a lot of leftover fries lately. 😅 Carbs. And I had my first cup of coffee since I found out today. I’m a pot a day type, so even just a cup was heaven. 
  • Options
    @jhysmath I am also #TeamUseTheSamePan!
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• Options
    Frozen pizza. It’s the only cheese I can stomach—like the little Tostino’s square ones where you can still see the sauce because it’s not slathered in cheese. Last night I wanted PB toast and we are out of bread so now I had to drag both kids to the grocery store today. And I might just pick up lunch when we are out because I can’t handle making food still. 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    Salami, cheese, and crackers. At my desk. At 8:55 AM.
  • Options
    I just made the boys and myself some French toast for a late breakfast/brunch. I had mine with chocolate milk. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My diet consists mostly of water, saltines, Fruit Loops, and Subway. I'm currently having PB&J, Pringles, and a cheese square. Gotta keep it bland for the tummy.
  • Options
    I actually made a dinner last night that I could stomach - protein pasta, shrimp, red peppers, and onions in tomato sauce. Having that and a bunch of fruit for lunch today. I have a protein bar for later, I feel like I'm not getting enough protein. All I want to eat is fruit.
  • Options
    Just give me all the Kraft Mac and cheese and Chicken flavored Pasta Roni. 
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick omg give me ALL the tostinos pizza. They’re so disgusting but sooooooo good especially when dipped in ranch. No joke I just fired up my oven. 

I want Mcdonalds fries, fresh plums, and Publix brownies and chicken tender subs. Give me all the carbs. 
  • Options
    I had a pop tart for breakfast (not good, I know) and garlic hummus and pita chips for snack at 10:30. Lunch is leftovers from Sunday (chicken and sausage gumbo). I'm not sure what was up on Sunday but I had a great burst of energy mid day and got stuff done! Mid afternoon snack today is a clementine or two (gotta keep the system moving). Dinner is shrimp cooked with butter and garlic with cheese ravioli.
  • Options
    One of my students gave me a clementine during their midday breakfast it was very much received and I'm tempted to give him an extra 5 points on his quiz because I liked it so much. 
  • Options
    @ieles2531 I barely refrained from asking MH to go out and get me McDonald’s fries last night when he broke the news that we were out of bread. 😂
  • Options
    I am on the boxed mac and cheese train too. Also lots of bagels with cream cheese. And pineapple. I have gone through so much pineapple in the last few weeks but it's proved to make me feel better as soon as I start feeling queasy.
    Me: 31 ~ DH: 34 
    FTM
    BFP: 9/5/19 ~ EDD 5/15/20
  • Options
    Chips and guacamole. So yummy. And soft pretzels with cheese. I found the pretzels in the frozen section at the store and was so excited to find a huge box with 15 of them 
  • Options
    Carbs on carbs. Dry cereal, buttered egg noodles, pastina, so much toast, pop tarts, crackers, almond butter, and lots of apples. The occasional scrambled egg. 
    Randomly I’ll eat a few pickles the hamburger chips are perfect for popping. 
    Yesterday I had a dairy free buffalo dip which I can’t believe didn’t make me feel sick and I got sour cream and onion veggie chips. 
    Trying to mix it up but just not feeling food. My second trimester is around the corner I’m hopping the Trimester Fairy comes down and makes me hungry again lol!
  • Options
    Hard boiled eggs and drinkable yogurt. The drinkable yogurt has been so amazing, since it is so thick it seems to go down my digestive system super slow but super soothing. 
    And....I had Taco Bell yesterday... I know I know....please don’t judge. Those nachos for one were so good!
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

• Options
    @queenklau girl nobody is going to judge you, we're all on the struggle bus with food. And I have been craving a chicken chalupa soooo bad!

My meat aversion is finally going away! I ate steak for dinner last night and had sausage breakfast sandwiches 2 days in a row and now I feel like I could eat an entire rotisserie chicken from Costco! Woo hoo. Getting my carb intake down will be so much easier now that I can add meat to my diet lol
  • Options
    All.the.carbs. 
    On busy days I give my boys trader joes frozen mac n' cheese, and it's delicious when i give myself a few spoonfuls. 

I keep saying to myself I need to force myself to eat healthier and be healthier for this last pregnancy, but then i look at a salad and can't contain my face of disgust. 
  • Options
    @queenklau Taco Bell is my everything. No judgment here. There's no room in life for Negative Nancies who can't comprehend the wonders of the Bell.
  • Options
    Really bad choice to put onions on my sub today. All I can taste is onions and none of my students have any gum to share with me. Uck I can't stand my own breath.
  • Options
    I ate my lunch at 10:00. I'm so hungry all the time - I'm starting to get hungry again (it's 10:48), so I guess I'm going to have to leave work and pick something up. *sighs*
  • Options
    @ruby696 It's really hard to both eat right now and stay full. Protein is a constant struggle with a twin pregnancy. Your OB should discuss diet with you soon, especially once we are out of this fragile tummies first trimester. I started taking things like a tub of pimento cheese and celery sticks/peanut butter and apples as a snack. It was a multiple times a day snack with the twins.

@jhysmath I did that yesterday to myself with garlic hummus.Blech.

• Options
    @queenklau Taco Bell is my everything. No judgment here. There's no room in life for Negative Nancies who can't comprehend the wonders of the Bell.
    Normally DH is the Taco Bell lover. I was surprised at how excited and delicious it tasted for me 😂

@mamaqdubu, that’s what the second trimester is for. The first trimester is for surviving and keeping your food down. Salads may sound better in a few weeks (or they may not lol)

• Options
    edited October 2019
    I’m 10 weeks & extremely nauseous. I can only eat small portions & everything sounds blah. But I have been eating potatoes in all forms- hash browns, fried potatoes, baked potatoes, fries, potato chips 😂 also apples but only golden delicious.  I’m looking forward to 12 weeks & on  so I can enjoy food again. 
  • Options
    Reading all these posts has me craving ALL OF THE FOOD! 

I've been eating too much sugar...think it's because it gives me an energy boost since I'm trying to stick to just one morning cup of coffee. 

Only 20 more minutes till I can get some lunch! 
    Me: 30 | H: 34
    Married July 2018
    First-Time Mom
    EDD: 5/1/20  *please stick, baby*
  • Options
    @queenklau thanks. Now I had to have Taco Bell for lunch. 😂
  • Options
    @queenklau that’s a great way to look at it. I’ll stick with that. Eat better when I feel better. 
  • Options
    @stella_700 funny you mention that, I had the diet talk with my doctor yesterday. I'm gluten free due to IBS and all she wanted to talk about was quinoa. I hate quinoa.

I get that I should be eating more variety but the whole topic of food right now is like a couple of bites here and there. I'm eating a lot of Kind bars and cheese sticks and bananas.

@queenklau the drinkable yogurt is a great idea! I can imagine that not making me sick.
  • Options
    @queenklau thanks. Now I had to have Taco Bell for lunch. 😂
    Yaaaaaas!!!!!

• Options
    Ahhh Taco Bell, yummm!! No shame, it’s delicious. Give me all the nachos and cheesy bean and rice burritos 
  • Options
    I have eaten so many bagels. I literally went from 0 bagels to 17 thousand bagels. They are the perfect food. Omg I want a bagel right now. 
  • Options
    @caponey I almost wanted a bagel for lunch bad enough to get two kids out of car seats to go into Einstein Bros and get bagels. 😂 Almost. 
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick I appreciate that level of longing. Yanking two kids out of car seats and into a place by yourself? Woof. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Austenista it’s good to know someone else appreciates that level. I’m still sad about it. 😂
  • Options
    thanks to whoever mentioned tacos! I had some for dinner last night and they were the best tasting thing I've eaten all month.
  • Options
    I’ve been awake since 6:30 and my overarching thought is just that I’d like some onion rings. 

BabyFruit Ticker