June 2020 Moms

***READ THIS FIRST*** Board Organization

kiki75kiki75 member
edited October 2019 in June 2020 Moms

WELCOME TO THE JUNE 2020 BMB!

For those of you who’ve been around The Bump, welcome back! Take a look around as some things may have changed a bit since you were last here. This is the way that many BMBs are currently organized but ultimately, this group decides how we want our BMB. If you have ideas for things that worked before, share them!

For those of you new to The Bump, each pregnancy-focused site has its own personality. The Bump values science, community (give support to get support), organization (to facilitate community building), some snark, but also heart. We’re here to form connections and help each other through. If you want a place where you pop by to ask people to Ramzi your ultrasound or whatever, this isn’t the place for that. If you’d like to become a part a community, welcome!

Image result for welcome gif

Here are some general board guidelines: 

DO: 

• Introduce yourself in the "Introductions" thread.
  • Feel free to start one of the weekly posts listed below if you don't see it started yet.
  • Check to see if a thread has already been started on your topic or question so we can keep topics together and prevent fractured conversations.
  • Post a thread that would apply to the entire community and doesn't fall into one of the categories for daily threads listed below (Ex: What to pack in your hospital bag, baby gear, etc.)  
  • Comment, share advice, and show support for your fellow Bumpies; this is a two-way street, to get support, you must show it as well.
  • Consider stranger danger. The vast majority of us are here in good faith. However, there are some WILD Bump stories about catfishing and this is a public site. Crop your ultrasound pictures to remove identifying information, be careful about sharing identifying details, etc.
  • Use the search function to the right of the board or, if you’re on mobile, it’s at the bottom of the page.
  • Keep in mind and be sensitive to the widely varied journeys members have been on to get to this point. This isn’t the Pain Olympics and someone else’s journey doesn’t negate yours but stop and think about how your words may affect others who have had different journeys.
  • Use trigger warnings *TW before speaking on emotionally charged topics. Loss, assault, etc. I know that some people find them tiresome but some find them necessary. Remember that the goal is to be kind to our friends. 

DON'T: 

• Ask the community if you are pregnant. Even in a roundabout way. It is against the Bump's Terms Of Use (TOU). 
  • Post pictures of your pregnancy test. This is also against TOU (there is a thread on the 1st Tri page for this).
  • Post a thread that asks a question only applying to yourself unless you have good reason to suspect you may be going through a MC. 
  • Forget that the rules aren’t gospel. There are exceptions. Remember why we have the rules and organization (to facilitate community) and be kind and tactful in your redirects. 
  • Get defensive if someone calls you out for not following these guidelines; if you expect to be part of a supportive board (which we are), you need to be able to take the time to learn the ins and outs of the board. It’s okay. Just apologize and move forward. Many of us have been redirected before. 

Here are some weekly/monthly ideas that may be good to start with. We can always add or drop threads to best suit our boards needs, so please let us know if you have any other ideas! 

MONDAY

Weekly Randoms 

Meal Plan Monday

Man Crush Monday (MCM)

PGAL Check-In 

Due Date Week Groups:
   - Group 1: June 1-6
   - Group 2: June 7-13
   - Group 3: June 14-20
   - Group 4: June 21-30

TUESDAY

TW Tuesday

Plus-size Mom Check-In 

Ten Things Tuesday 

WEDNESDAY 

WTF Wednesday 

Woman Crush Wednesday (WCW)

Wellness Wednesday 

THURSDAY

TTGP Grad Check-In 

Thankful Thursday

Unpopular Opinions (UO) 

FRIDAY

Flame Free Friday Confession (FFFC)

Product Spotlight: __________ (e.g., strollers, car seats, etc.)  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q3axNEYoa9cOnlmsCaEzgqAL93qqKPIsacQRjBt-g6g/edit?usp=sharing
 (spreadsheet for product spotlight schedule. There is an item for each week.)

Fit Friday

Friday Photos

SATURDAY

Weekend Randoms

SUNDAY 

Weekly Questions

MONTHLY

Symptoms Thread

Appointments Thread

FTM Check-In

STM+ Check-In

AMA Check-In

Mental Health Check-In

OTHER THREADS

·      GTKY Threads

·      High Risk 

·      Milestone Threads (specific appointments/weeks gestation, etc)

·      Breastfeeding

·      PAIF (Pregnant After Infertility)

·      Single Moms

·      Moms of Multiples

Once we all get further along, we will also have pinned threads for things like ultrasounds, sex announcements and birth announcements. 

Important board organization notes on spotting/bleeding/loss

If you are spotting or bleeding & would like support, please post to the Spotting/Bleeding Support Thread (TW). This thread comes with a general trigger warning.

If you are a contributing member with a confirmed loss, please create a new discussion including a TW in the title. Threads like these come with a general trigger warning. Consider before posting: Will you feel like any replies/support during this time will help you get through what you are going through? Or will it feel like you are announcing your loss to a roomful of strangers? Most importantly, consider what’s best for YOU during this time, and proceed from there. Your story portion can be as brief or as long as you would like or can be omitted entirely. 

For others: Please let this thread be all about this person. It is not the place to post questions about yourself. Please do provide support on these threads. Even if you feel like another“sorry for your loss”feels hollow. BTDT, each one felt like a hug from a friend. I can’t imagine a loss thread that is just crickets. But, trigger warnings are there for a reason. If you can’t face engaging in a loss thread, that’s okay, too. If this person has started a certain thread, please stop using that thread and start a new one so they won't keep getting tagged. (Except this one, I knew what I was signing up for. It's okay.) 

Some links that you may find helpful: 
What do all of those abbreviations mean?  
How to add a signature 
How to GIF 

How-To Guides: 

• How to quote: Hit the "quote" at the bottom of the post you want to quote. You will be taken to the reply box with the quote set up already. 
  • How to tag: Add an "@" in front of the username of the person you are talking to. 
  • How to change your username: log in to TheKnot, hover over My Knot, and click Account Settings. Be sure to log out and log back in after changing your username. If you are having issues doing it that way, you can email community@thebump.com and ask them to change your username. Give them a few suggestions just in case your top choice is taken. It may take up to 24 hours for the name to update. 
  • How to insert a spoiler box: click the drop down list arrow next to the paragraph symbol (sixth from the left, next to the emoji button) and choose spoiler. It will insert a grey box, and everything that you type in there will go into the spoiler. 

I've taken this largely from previous boards and is the way Bump BMBs are currently organized but of course, like I said in the beginning, this is our BMB and we get to choose. For example, some BMBs have moved to weekly ticker changes and others do days of the week. Up to us. If we do do days of the week, I would suggest combining the weekend. 

If anyone has a suggestion please feel free to put it up for discussion. PLEASE keep in mind that there will eventually be a lot of us on this board, and an organized board will be much easier for everyone to use. If we can all keep the one-off posts low, this will make the board easier to navigate (especially with many people on mobile), and can create a stronger community.

Me: 34 DH: 38
Married: June 2011
TTC since Feb 2016
BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18

Re: ***READ THIS FIRST*** Board Organization

• Can I propose a new ongoing thread for mental health check-ins? I'm not sure if it would/should be weekly, bi-weekly, monthly?... thoughts?
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• @saladflambe I think we should definitely have one!  Maybe monthly to start with? 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I added it under monthly. I figure we can start there and we can adjust as needed. Sound good? 🙂

TTC since Feb 2016
  • Sounds good! I'll post October's in a sec!

An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

• Hi. Me again. Another suggestion lol...sorry... Healthy Habits weekly thread? Or I can combine w/ Meal Plan thread on Mondays if preferred

• I really like the idea of the product spotlight! I am very eager to hear what some veteran moms liked and didn’t like about some of their gear.
    Also, love Ten Things Tuesday. Not 100% sure what it is, but sounds like it could help us get to know each other?
    Will these show up every week as new threads? 
  • @thumper615 someone (anyone!) can start these threads each week :) And 10 things Tuesday is "10 things you're grateful for"

• Just want to say I'm really grateful for this group. Thank you to everyone who is organizing etc! <3
  • The product spotlight links to the May board. Also, I know it's early yet but I always loved hump day bump day on Wednesdays  <3
  • Does someone want to make a product spotlight spreadsheet? I remember an intro where someone mentioned offers of spreadsheets. 😅 

I kept the original link as a starting point. :)

TTC since Feb 2016
  • @marfi236 still interested?  :#  

kiki75 said:
    Does someone want to make a product spotlight spreadsheet? I remember an intro where someone mentioned offers of spreadsheets. 😅 

I kept the original link as a starting point. :)

• marfi236marfi236 member
    edited October 2019
    @runwmusic oh twist my arm  ;)
    @kiki75 I'll get working on it right now!

Edit:  Finished!  Here we go!  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q3axNEYoa9cOnlmsCaEzgqAL93qqKPIsacQRjBt-g6g/edit?usp=sharing

We can use this spreadsheet for everything we want.  If we want to do a tracking spreadsheet like april has we can add it to this file too to keep everything in one place!
    Infertility Journey (in spoiler because it's way too long and child/loss mentioned)
    Married: 08/09/2013; TTC #2
    Me: 31, possible PCOS and Septate Uterus (Septum removed in November 2017)
    DH: 31, MFI (Low Count and Low Motility)
    July 2017 - IUI #1 - Letrozole 2.5 mg, no trigger, Prometrium 100 mg 2x a day - BFN
    August 2017 - IUI #2 - Letrozole 2.5 mg, no trigger, Prometrium 100 mg 2x a day - BFN
    September 2017 - IUI #3 - Letrozole 2.5 mg, no trigger, Prometrium 100 mg 2x a day - BFN
    November 2017 - Uterine Septum removed
    December 2017 - IVF Consultation
    January 2018 - IVF #1 - Retrieval 1/24 - 2 Day 3 embryos (1 transferred fresh, 1 frozen) and 2 Day 5 embryos frozen
    February 2018 - Fresh Transfer - Transfer 1/27 (1 day 3 embryo) - BFN
    March 2018 - FET #1 - Transfer 3/2 (1 day 5 embryo) - BFP!  1st beta (10dp5dt) - 101; 2nd beta (17dp5dt) - 3061! Due 11/18/2018
    March 2018 - Remaining embryos lost in malfunction.

October 8, 2018 - Son born at 34 weeks and a day due to preeclampsia and HELLP syndrome.  Spent 13 days in the NICU.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

June 2019 - IVF #2 - Cancelled - Cyst on Ovary
    July 2019 - IVF #2 Take 2 - Retrieval 8/1 - 5 Day 5 embryos frozen
    August 2019 - FET #1 - Cancelled - No Trilaminar Lining
    September 2019 - FET #1 - Transfer 9/25 (1 day 5 embryo) - Chemical Pregnancy - 1st beta (9dp5dt): 110; 2nd beta (14dp5dt): 357; 3rd beta (16dp5dt): 188; 4th beta (23dp5dt): 7
    November 2019 - FET #2 - Transfer 11/6 (1 day 5 embryo) - BFN
    December 2019 - FET #3 - Transfer 12/11 (1 day 5 embryo) - BFP! - 1st beta (8dp5dt): 102; 2nd beta (15dp5dt): 2636! Due 08/28/2020

August 13, 2020 - Son born at 37 weeks an 6 days due to failed BPP (Gestational Diabetes).
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @BumpAdmin please pin!

• I swapped in the new product spotlight spreadsheet @marfi236 Thank you for putting that together!

I'd vote yes on the group spreadsheet, too. :)

TTC since Feb 2016
  • I just wanted to say thank you to all of you who are helping to keep this board so organized. I used a different website during my last pregnancy and I like things so much more here! 
  • I feel like we should switch to a monthly ticker change open to all. I find it a pain to set up a new weekly post (so I haven't been sorry) and I want to see where others are so I have to open other weeks anyways. Thoughts? 
  • I'm not a fan FWIW. Not frequent enough for me and too many people in one.

I'll follow if that's what happens, but, not my favorite.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @runwmusic I’m open to trying it. It might work better than the current set up! So one post a week but everyone can post? 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • alli392alli392 member
    edited December 2019
    I think one weekly ticket change for everybody might be good! I almost always set up my group and we have very few people in it. It’s be nice to chat more!

or do one random week with a weekday ticker (Wednesday ticket change for example) just once you cause a little chaos! 

Married: 12/19/15         

BFP: 9/4/17             
    EDD: 5/16/18
    DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

BFP: 10/1/19
    EDD: 6/12/20
  • FigTreeMamaFigTreeMama member
    edited December 2019
    @runwmusic @alli392 I feel like we are having mixed results with Group 1 and 2 (each only covering 6 days of due dates) having not many participants and not much conversation, while some of the later groups (that cover longer date ranges and have more participants as a result) are a bit more active, which may affect our opinions on this. While I usually like smaller weekly groups and think they are necessary when there are hundreds of people on a board, this board overall is quiet enough that it seems like overkill. 

I like the idea of one weekly thread for everyone, OR switching each date group over to a monthly thread (where you can post as many times as you want but no need to keep starting new threads). OR if not everyone wants to make this kind of change now, maybe we just combine Groups 1 and 2 so that we get more conversation while keeping the same structure? Just throwing some ideas out. 
  • We could combine 1 and 2 and 3 and 4? 
  • I like the idea of combining groups. 

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• I am cool with combining groups too.  Honestly, whatever it takes to get this place a little more interactive. 
  • Sounds like the majority is good with combining into one group. We can start with weekly ticker changes for all of June and if it's still quiet move to a monthly board. Whoever feels like it Sunday or Monday can start the next one and we'll go from there! 😄
  • I made one! Let’s seeee
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think it's a great idea
  • I saw some talk about this above but not sure if one was created, but is there any interest in a June spreadsheet? Or does one exist already and I just couldn't find it lol

TTC#1 - March 2013

TTC#2 November 2015

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• @hanshotfirst77 I haven’t seen one yet! Remind me what the point is though? I know most BMBs do one and my last did but since everybody seems to eventually move to Facebook anyway I wasn’t sure why we did them?

also I think the weekly all group check in is going GREAT. Group 2 usually didn’t have many participants so it’s been fun to have some real conversations this week! 

Married: 12/19/15         

BFP: 9/4/17             
    EDD: 5/16/18
    DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

BFP: 10/1/19
    EDD: 6/12/20
  • @alli392 I think it’s mostly to keep track of everyone. You can see when everyone’s due, boy or girl, where they’re from etc. whatever we want to add to it really. I don’t think it has a big purpose  at least not one I can remember. Other than some fun info. But I see all the other BMBs doing them and thought maybe we’d want one too. I figure Facebook is a long ways away until we all feel comfortable enough with the group but maybe that’s just me. 

TTC#1 - March 2013

TTC#2 November 2015

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• @alli392 i agree the weekly full group is great.

Also agree @hanshotfirst77 we should wait a while until moving. 
  • @hanshotfirst77 I remember someone at least started one but I believe that person is no longer a part of the BMB. I honestly can’t remember where it is though so maybe a new one? 
  • Ok if no one objects to it I’ll just make one. And start a new thread for it. 

TTC#1 - March 2013

TTC#2 November 2015

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• Thanks for starting it @hanshotfirst77!!

And I agree- I think the weekly thread has been a success 😊
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • So I'm not a huge fan of the big weekly check in. I feel like it's too much where as the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th week was not enough. On my previous BMB we did a check in on the day your ticker changed. So for example, I change weeks on Thursdays so I would be part of the Thursday check in along with anyone else who changes on Thursdays regardless of what week they are. 

I also think we should start a HDBD thread on Wednesdays. In addition to random GTKY threads with fun questions. I think these will help us to form better relationships. Also on my old board we did a Daily Randoms and not monthly and it made it easier to follow along.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • @ErikandAfton I have a feeling the day threads will have the same issue as the weekly ones we were doing. It would be 7 groups instead of 4, so I'm sure there will be slow groups that are empty. I'm OK with trying but maybe a poll on ticker days would show an issue before changing the thread?

Hdbd is great! I miss those. And I am all for some more GTKY! 
  • @runwmusic okay. I'm fine with the big weekly thread for ticker changes. :smile:

I posted a GTKY last night as well. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml