May 2020 Moms
Options

Bump in the night

2»

Re: Bump in the night

• Options
    @adventuresawait2 I feel for you. We had to put a hold on working on a lot of bad sleep habits with DS this spring/summer because we had to stay in an AirBnB waiting to close on our house and then moving etc. survival mode- you’ll get through it somehow! Do you have glow in the dark paci’s so maybe she can see it herself? I hope your move goes smoothly and quickly! 
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    @rachelg777 Thank you! Hadn’t thought of glow in the dark, but we do have a night light. I ended up moving to the living room couch and H somehow just ignored the cries and she figured it out.

Appreciate the good thoughts! I bet the Airbnb and being in a transition state was tough. Do you like your new place? 

Eta @ to respond 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @adventuresawait2 glad to hear it somewhat worked out! We love the new place and it is SO nice to be settled down somewhat. 
  • Options
    1:45 in the morning here. Ugh, I need to shut my brain down and sleep. Wtf woke me up at one so thoroughly.
  • Options
    MH is working late tonight and I woke up at one am just wide awake. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Didn’t help that the toddler was in our bed still and he likes to sleep sideways. Which is probably what woke me up but come on, back to sleep. So tired. 
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick anytime that DD has had to share a bed with me, I get ZERO sleep. She likes laying on my face so I’m basically just focused on not dying 😂

I woke up so much last night because it was raining a bunch and our sump pumps were running nonstop and they sound like a growl outside our window haha
  • Options
    If it’s just me and the toddler in the bed I don’t mind so much @mokay19. He mostly stays on MH’s side but if all three of us are in there, only the toddler is sleeping. 😝

Hope you made it back to sleep. 
  • Options
    I was hoping to escape this pregnancy without insomnia, but it rolled in right on the cusp of second trimester. Currently 430 and I’ve been up since 2. Have to get up at 6 to take my oldest to school. 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    Got up to go to the bathroom at 2:30 and now I’m here. Can’t go back to sleep. So annoying. My neck and back have been driving me crazy since yesterday and my neck seems to hurt worse when I’m in bed. Hopefully I’ll get my tired back soon. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    So nauseous again 😩 almost fell asleep but then I had the random thought of I can’t remember where I put the parent-teacher conferences sign up sheets. Then I though it would be so embarrassing to tell my parents I can’t find them, but there’s nothing I can do now. So I guess I’ll keep trying to turn my brain off and look for them when I get to my classroom in the morning. 
    I’m also attempting to avoid getting up to pee again. And I ate pineapple tonight which I read after can induce labor?? That would be bad. Omg how do I turn off my brain?! 
  • Options
    @babyfoxden10 I don’t think pineapple will put you into labor this early. I hope you can turn your brain off and get some sleep. And in my experience if I don’t want to go to the bathroom, it’s probably faster to just go so I can sleep. Good luck! 
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick I ended up just getting up to go couldn’t fight it lol. And I found my parent teacher conferences sign up sheet this morning. So crisis averted lol. TGIF 🙌🏼
  • Options
    @babyfoxden10 trust me, if your body doesn’t want to go into labor, nothing will make it do so. I knew I was going to have to be induced at 37w and so leading up to it, I just went down the list of old wives tales and...nope. Cervix was tight as a drum when it came down to it. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Austenista that’s a relief I feel like I’ve read so many things about food I just have to stop and live my life. I’ll still avoid the obvious ones, but I’m going to end up eliminating everything!
  • Options
    Since I went to bed so early, I’m glad that my middle of the night wake up is 3 hours before my alarm instead of the more recent 1.5! Hopefully I’ll actually be able to fall back asleep for a good chunk ☺️
  • Options
    I can tell I've been fighting off getting sick for a few days. Ofcourse it is getting worse on the day I have all-day work travel (ahh the beautifully recycled air of airplanes) that can't be cancelled. And my body refuses to sleep past 5 hours which I probably need to get better. 

Me: 30 | H: 34
    Married July 2018
    First-Time Mom
    EDD: 5/1/20  *please stick, baby*
  • Options
    Up because my stomach is so empty I'm nauseous and can't sleep. This didn't happen with my last pregnancy until the 3rd trimester (minus the nausea, it was just extreme hunger) but keeps happening with this one. I think I'm not as good as taking care of myself with this one as I was with the first because DD gets a lot of my care instead!
  • Options
    Almost made it all night but now I’m up two hours early and can’t fall back to sleep 
  • Options
    Keep waking up at 3 or 4 am and not being able to get back to sleep for hours. Worse with this cold. Then I’m exhausted every afternoon/evening. Fun. 
  • Options
    the insomnia is so much worse this pregnancy than with my other two. I’m tired. I can feel tiredness, and yet I can’t go to sleep. Then I’ll finally go to sleep after midnight or one and like clockwork I’ll be awake at five to pee and it will take me three hours to go back to sleep, then I sleep too late in the morning. Frustrating. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    tj_2tj_2 member
    edited November 2019
    * Deleted Comment* after I saw the November Bump Discussion.
    Me: 30 | H: 34
    Married July 2018
    First-Time Mom
    EDD: 5/1/20  *please stick, baby*
  • Options
    @maddy112 I just deal with the fact that as we approach delivery, sleeping gets tougher. Fact of life. It'll be tough after baby is born too. I know this from my first born. Personally, I wouldn't use CBD oil right now in my pregnancy or when I'm breastfeeding. In my experience, the only people saying its totally safe are the people trying to sell it. But you do you.