2nd Trimester
Options

2nd baby - Movement?

stephslingerstephslinger member
edited September 2019 in 2nd Trimester
Hey guys!
So I'm back with my 2nd, between 15-16 weeks right now.  I felt him jump hard 2 times during ultrasounds and have seen him move on the screen but I still have felt NOTHING else otherwise.  Not even the flutters I had with my first around now.  Sometimes my belly feels tingly but it doesn't feel like a baby thing.  I thought I was supposed to feel him earlier?
I don't have my next appt until the 22nd and am a wee bit stressed because I had a hematoma thing with bleeding that stopped and my doc said was fine but still...
Is this normal?  I don't want to run in again for no reason...

Re: 2nd baby - Movement?

• Options
    Yeah, can be pretty normal. It’s still early yet. Do you know where your placenta is located? If it’s anterior it will muffle any kicks. Most OB’s don’t even recommend kick counts until the late 20’s weeks mark. Try to stay calm and do call the doctor if you are really worried. 
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Google search "how early can you feel a baby move"

Spoiler alert: between 16-25 weeks unless you have an anterior placenta. 

ETA movement typically doesn't become consistent until after 20 weeks. 

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Fwiw, the first movements with both my babies felt kind of like tingling. You're also very much on the early side for feeling movement. I don't mean to condescend to you, but I also wouldn't be surprised if there was some confirmation bias with seeing movements and believing you feel them.