May 2020 Moms

Weekly Randoms - week of 9/30

Re: Weekly Randoms - week of 9/30

• @bananapanda I saw a chiropractor throughout my entire last pregnancy (and still see him now)... his behavior does sound a bit odd, but he could have been having an off day. While I've never had bruises from seeing him, I have had more pain the day following because he helps loosen areas up. I will say, I would NOT have survived without seeing a chiropractor last pregnancy. I was going weekly towards the end because my back was in so much pain.  
  • FINALLY was able to make an OB appointment this afternoon. I'm going to have to drive through ATL there and back but at least they take my insurance, will let me bring my children to the appt, and do ultrasounds in house. I've had such a difficult time finding somewhere it's been unreal. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @mdfarmchick I looked up cupping and the goal might be the same, but the way they go about it is different.  This is using little metal tools and just rubbing them across the muscles (with a decent amount of pressure).  He acted like it was totally normal to have some redness or look like a big hickey, but today it legit looks bruised everywhere and is so sore to the touch though the muscle part maybe feels a little better.  Also they did this on my lower back so now you've got me wondering....
  • I'm really having a difficult time not falling asleep at my desk at work.  I almost nodded off on my lunch break as well....  sooooooo sleeeeepy....
  • @pirateduck Me too! Especially after lunch.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @m6agua I’m all full and comfortably warm here at 3:00pm totally ready for a nap.  Some days I’m fine but others are a total struggle
  • I called to try and make my first appointment tonight and was told before I have an appointment I need to come in for a pregnancy test. I told the girl I live 1.5 hours away, this is my second pregnancy and is there a way I can have a real appointment instead of driving 3 hours round trip to pee in a cup. She started laughing and said I don't know I'm new can you call back in the morning and ask then. I'm glad she got some comedy from that, but honestly their pee test is just a cheap dip test in pretty sure and I've taken 10 of those and watched them get darker why do I need to do that for them before I can get a real appointment? 
  • @mamaqdubu I ate tomato soup for lunch today, and it was a MISTAKE. Hello acid reflux!
  • There is a dish at our local Mexican restaurant that I can make into at least four meals; and it’s just as good if not better left over. It’s basically the only thing at the moment with protein that doesn’t make me nauseous at the thought of. Would I be crazy to order it every Monday and use it for my lunches for the week? 🤣
  • @bender29 if we had a Mexican place near by I'd be all over this. My first pregnancy all I could eat was rice and refried beans. 
  • @bender29 @jhysmath thanks to your discussion of Mexican food, I am now waiting for food at our local taqueria. It’s one of the only restaurants in our mountain town, along with a Chinese place and a pizza place. Thanks for making me crave something that was accessible 😂
  • @soprano19 glad I could be of service to you 🤣
  • @jhysmath That's crazy. Mine isn't even remotely interested in seeing you for a low risk pregnancy until like 10 weeks. They say if you got a positive home pregnancy test, then that's just as good as their test. Obviously they confirm at the first appointment still, but it's not a separate visit. 
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• jhysmath said:
    I called to try and make my first appointment tonight and was told before I have an appointment I need to come in for a pregnancy test. I told the girl I live 1.5 hours away, this is my second pregnancy and is there a way I can have a real appointment instead of driving 3 hours round trip to pee in a cup. She started laughing and said I don't know I'm new can you call back in the morning and ask then. I'm glad she got some comedy from that, but honestly their pee test is just a cheap dip test in pretty sure and I've taken 10 of those and watched them get darker why do I need to do that for them before I can get a real appointment? 
    Oh screw her. That’s ridiculous. Hopefully they set her straight and you get a real appointment scheduled tomorrow. 
  • I’m away for an accreditation class for work. Our dog had puppies today and I missed it. I secretly wanted to take a photo of the two of us together while we were pregnant and potentially use it as our announcement since this is Breeze’s last litter and LO will (hopefully) be the last addition to our family. 
  • @jhysmath that’s unreasonable and ridiculous. Tell them they can confirm and then do the appt all at once. Geez Louise. I thought I’d heard it all trying to find an OB this time, but this may be worse than “you can come for your prenatal appointment and then we can make an appointment out of house for you to have an ultrasound.” Nope. Not doing that either. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @TattoosandLace that would have been a cute announcement. Please post some puppy pics for us! 😍
  • @TattoosandLace OMG PUPPY PICS PLEASE!!!  😍
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• @jhysmath I’m not sure if you got things sorted, but you should be able to do the urine test at a doctor near you and then have them send the results to the OB as confirmation of pregnancy prior to your first official OB appointment.  You just have to ask their office and they may email you a form to use.  I do a lot of my lab work at a place 15 minutes from my work because I’m not driving 2 hours one way to my RE’s office just for a blood draw and vitals.
  • @TattoosandLace I second the puppy picturesssssss!!!

• @TattoosandLace aww puppies! I'm sad for you now though that you missed the birth and missed your chance for a picture.  I totally get how these things can seem silly and trivial but are also really upsetting :( 

My daughter's daycare has a photographer come in a couple times a year for seasonal photos.  Last Christmas when she was 1 she did pictures but looks so pissed off in them.  My husband was annoyed I spent $50 on them, but I think they're freaking hilarious.  She looks like a total nerd - hair a mess, clothes sloppy, and very pissed.  For her Spring pictures this year I had her in the cutest dress and bow ready to go so we didn't have another sloppy mess.  All day I looked forward to picking her up and hearing how it went and seeing the proofs.  I got there and they told me she absolutely refused to sit for the pictures and I almost cried because I was so excited about them.  So yesterday they were doing fall pictures.  I was like ok she's 6 months older now, surely she will cooperate this time, right?  Again I had her in the cutest dress, bow, bought new boots just for the occasion etc.  She again refused to sit for the pictures.  I know it's silly, but I just want cute school pictures of my girl :( 
  • @bananapanda Oh no, I'm sorry! DD's daycare pictures are today and I'm SO nervous that she won't smile. I want cute pictures too! Can you take your daughter to an outside photographer and have a "school" picture done? Maybe she'll do better with you there.
  • I promise puppy photos as soon as I’m home tomorrow from this class! 

@bananapanda not silly at all!! I totally get why you’re sad about it! 
  • @ruby696 We have done regular family photos and just did her 2 year pictures and she does as well as a 2 year old can be expected to do.  When we tried doing spring minis with just her she also struggled and had to be bribed with fruit snacks lol.  I think it has to do with just being left to sit by herself while a stranger makes weird faces at her, but if we are in the picture or our dog she is usually fine.  Maybe we will do some fall or Christmas minis with our photographer and just use bribes again haha
  • @bananapanda My kids' daycare doesn't let the kids do photos until they are in the 3yo room. I was bummed the last couple of years, but it makes sense.
  • As someone who worked in the preschool room of a daycare, and doesn’t typically drink. I will tell you I went home after every picture day and drank a bottle of wine by myself! 🤣
  • @ruby696 and @bender29 oh I totally get it! I'm sure it's not easy and definitely don't blame the teachers or photographer.  I know for spring pictures they told me they had her up their for like 45 minutes trying and still failed.  That's longer than I would've tried! haha
  • @bananapanda Poor little thing, she just wanted to be left alone! 😂 Kids are so funny/stubborn about certain things. At least you'll have a good story when she's older.
  • @bananapanda my niece had a terrible photo ever year until 4th grade. I swear some how she made herself have bunny teeth and a double chin every year! My friends kid in preschool last year looked like she was taking a poop. She has a rule with her kids if you look terrible she's buying more of them to give out to future boy/girl friends. 

I'm currently sitting alone in one of my classrooms hoping no one will take the 3 flights down to see me at open house. I'm also realizing while my husband has dd in his classroom that everyone thinks he's cute being papa tonight but if I had her there would be side eye that I brought my daughter with me and didn't get a sitter. Double standards are great aren't they. 
  • @jhysmath I’m just going to side eye that double standard. 🤨
  • Confession. I have never bought maternity clothes with any of my pregnancies. I’ve just made bigger sizes and leggings for days work. I was also a SAHM for my other pregnancies so it was a different time. 
    I just bought a couple maternity shirts and boot cut leggings. It’s 100% fat and bloat but I’m so uncomfortable in my jeans. 
  • @TattoosandLace OMG! I feel you girl! I had to present at work this week with my pants unbuttoned because the bloat was so bad and was giving me stomach cramps... thank god my shirt hid it!
  • @TattoosandLace and @lfritos I seriously get dressed everyday thinking about how enormous I'm going to look by 3:00. It's really cut down on my options. 
  • @ruby696 I feel like I’ll be living in Maxi dresses this fall!
  • I just made this anti-nausea smoothie for dinner, and it did not disappoint. 
    • ⅓ cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
    • 1 cup frozen mango
    • ¼ cup orange juice
    • ½ cup cold water
    • 4 small pieces of crystallized ginger
    Figured I would share. 

• @lfritos I just ordered two maternity dresses for work. I figure I can toss on maternity tights and a blazer when I have to go to court. I'll almost be professional. 😬
  • I'm so excited I finally get to see the Downton Abbey movie tonight! It's finally playing at our local theater (still 45 minute drive). I'm going with 2 women who are definitely older than my parents because 1 I have no young friends and 2 only old people watch PBS with me  :D We're leaving right after school and not getting home until likely 9:30/10. This will be the second time ever I won't be home to nurse DD at bedtime, may the odds be ever in my husbands favor tonight. I'm a little sad about it, but maybe with out me she'll decided to sleep through the night for the first time ever. 
  • @TattoosandLace I feel like I'm in a awkward stage, I can still fit in all of my regular clothes, but none of them fit right and all look a bit off, but I don't feel big enough that I'm willing to buy maternity yet.  The other day my husband was like "how are you wearing those pants?" and I just pulled up my shirt to show him that they had been unbuttoned all day.   :D