Me: 35 | H: 40
Married Sept. 2013
DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
BFP!  8/24/19
DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

Re: Weekly Randoms - week of 9/30

• all i wanted for dinner was pancakes, but the grocery store had closed early because it's a Sunday and they have switched to off season hours, and Family Dollar (which always sucks by me) only had pancake mix that you had to add milk to, but I am out of milk and they were sold out of milk
  • Loading the player...
  • Now I want to know what's next!   :D
  • I went around the house looking for my kids until I realized it's Monday and they're at school  :D 
  • @pirateduck It was a real Lewis Black moment for me.  :lol:
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• In case anyone is curious, lemon cake does not taste as good on the way up as it does on the way down. 

Also, I’m about to lose it on our builders if they don’t figure their shit out and get us a move-in date for next week. Our house is done today and then they just have to get inspections done. Those mo’ fo’s better get the inspector out ASAP! 
  • @mokay19 I work in construction management...  inspectors are on their own agenda unfortunately...  good luck.  I hope you get your CO and they don't have to make any changes!
  • @shamrocandroll
     That's so weird. Did she have a bluetooth in ? Still weird for that but really wow. 

I'm really looking forward to going to professional development on Wednesday and not being at school. The PD is geared to prek- grade 2 and I teach high school so it won't be beneficial for my school teaching but I'm hoping to learn for DD, it's about conscience discipline and I think I can get a lot out of it. 
  • @jhysmath Nope, no bluetooth.  I was telling one of my employees about it since he used to work with her, and he says she's kind of a nutty person who talks to herself regularly, so I guess that helps explain it, kind of?  :lol:
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @shamrocandroll Maybe she was a fairy godmother?  :D

We had lunch brought in at work today, and I was super bummed because it was deli sandwiches. BUT as it turns out, they had a yummy Mediterranean Veggie sandwich! 

Magnum P.I. (the old one) is the best show.
  • I’m well on my way to eating 3/4 of a personal watermelon...
  • @pirateduck I also went on a quest for pancakes this weekend. Woke up Saturday morning, made DH drive to the store with me to get mix, and the changed my mind as soon as we got home because I felt sick. The only pro is there is now emergency pancake mix on deck 😂
    Me: 31 ~ DH: 34 
    FTM
    BFP: 9/5/19 ~ EDD 5/15/20
  • I wanted Triscuits sooooo badly this evening, because they don't make my stomach flipflop. I went for cheese this afternoon, took one look at it and my stomach went NOPE! So the dogs got surprise treats. I told hubby this, and what does he bring home? 
    CHEEZ-ITS. I could have cried. 
    C+ for effort, but not for listening. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • There was a freaking mouse in my BEDROOM. And MH is all, “I don’t remember the cat bringing one in previously. Are you sure?” Well guess what dude... door gets shut and locked at dark again. 🤬 and yes. I’m sure. August 18th. We’ve lived in the desert for four years now and it wasn’t until we adopted this darn cat that I’ve had two mice, countless lizards, two baby quail and more bunnies than I can count in my house. He’s about to get rehomed. 
  • My kid decided she wanted to dip her eggs in applesauce this morning. So freaking gross. 
  • @mdfarmchick

my cat brought me a mouse this weekend too, fortunately he dropped it one inch from the front door, totally startled me when I opened the door to let him in, fortunately this mouse was dead, he hasnt made it in the house with anything living yet
  • @jhysmath my 3yo dips everything in applesauce - chicken nuggets, loaf bread, potato chips, etc. People look at me like "What's he doing?" I guess he's just living life on his own terms. He's eating and thus, dip away my child. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Austenista and @jhysmath Swap out applesauce for ketchup and I'm right there with you. DS was dipping his pear in ketchup the other day. 🤢 But as long as he's eating, I say go for it.
  • @pirateduck yeah. Most of them are alive. He doesn’t want to hurt them. He just plays with them. 🤦🏻‍♀️ This mouse was very much alive. There was so much screaming. 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • @mdfarmchick it is a special gift just for you!  My cat thinks my dog is his girlfriend, he brings her living gifts, it's a disaster and I usually have to intervene.  Fortunately they keep this game outside.  Maybe your cat needs to be either indoor or outdoor only if it continues to be a problem.
  • @pirateduck yeah. The downfalls of a dog door. He may have to find a new home without a dog door. 😝
  • I can't believe the June BMB is up and there are no posts. This must be a first. Usually people are impatiently waiting for TB to open their BMB.
  • @ruby696 I know! I clicked on it by accident this morning because I was used to our board being in that spot on the page.
  • Yesterday was a bad day at work, the new English teacher got fired it hasn't been released why. A parent emailed me first thing in the morning and said he will be contacting the superintendent because I had kids move me desks into our classroom and "we pay people for that, the kids are not laborers"... The kids helped up move buildings in June so... Yeah. I'm so happy I'm not at school today and attending professional development instead.

I enjoyed the birth hour podcast on my 1.5 hour drive this morning and the foliage is at peak so it's beautiful out. I'm looking forward to going to a Walmart today before I go home as well... It's pretty sad when you have to drive 1.5 hours for Walmart and that makes Walmart exciting. 
  • @jhysmath I had a job starting in 7th grade... moving desks was faaaaar from “labor”
  • I'm guessing because they had to take them on a dolly, up the elevator, and down the hallway? Also the father is on the school board and his wife (who is a Para at the school) was under fire for something last week and got in trouble so we're thinking he's just trying to get others in trouble now. He called MH last week when he asked another one of this fathers children to bring in a screw driver to work on computers during the tech ed class he teaches. The father called and said that a screw driver is a weapon and shouldn't be brought to school. Last week was homecoming and students bring in box cutters to make their floats. Really a screw driver? 
  • @jhysmath I'm assuming these aren't first graders? Can we please stop treating young people like they're incapable of acting responsibly? 
  • Nope they're high school students. 
  • @jhysmath maybe this should be a FFFC but this is why youth are so entitled. I hope that a teacher would ask my kids to help because they’re perfectly capable and there’s no I in team. TBH I hope my kids would volunteer to help because they are perfectly able bodied. A big TP to that dad!
    DD1 born 1/15/14
    DD2 born 9/10/17
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @mdfarmchick we have a doggy door for our golden retriever, and when he was a puppy he would occasionally bring us fun treats.  There's like a frog breeding place near our house (no idea that that was even a thing until we moved here...I still don't know WHY it exists, but we literally have SO MANY frogs at our house).  Anyway his favorite was to bring in dead frozen frogs in the winter.  After about 3 I was ready to take away the doggy door.  Finally I guess he caught on that they weren't really welcome and has stopped.  And thankfully no live frogs or I would flip.  They freak me out lol.  

I went to the chiropractor yesterday for my back pain from the car accident I had a few weeks ago.  Two seconds after asking how far along I was the dr said he was going to give me a script to get x-rays.  I was like "uhhh I thought you couldn't get x-rays while pregnant?" and he replied that he forgot...hmm should I be worried?  He then says we will focus on muscle work starting with Graston technique and it will "feel like they are ripping my skin up, but they aren't" it was painful but not horrible, but he showed me a picture of my back afterward and it looks bad.  And now today it's all red and has big bruises.  I think the muscle feels better but the skin is all bruised and sore.  Has anyone else had this done? Is it normal? Is this guy a quack? lol
  • @jhysmath wow. That dad sounds like a jerk. I hope the superintendent finds a polite way to tell him to kick rocks. 
  • @bananapanda This is why I am terrified to go to the chiro.  I hear stories like this, but I also hear amazing feel better stories too.  I think they practice a variety of techniques and if you aren't comfortable with this chiro that maybe you should try a different one.  The x-ray thing was probably just a slip up because it's standard practice for them to request x-rays.  Even if you went in not knowing they were bad in pregnancy, the x-ray tech would have questioned it.  It would have been a massive waste of time, but I don't doubt it would have come up.
  • @jhysmath with those stories combined, it definitely sounds like he’s just looking to stir the pot. Those are ridiculous things to get upset about. Also, he would have an absolute cow if he knew what physical labor my band kids (and band kids everywhere, really) have to do on a daily basis.
  • @bananapanda is the Gaston technique like cupping? In that case it is perfectly safe while pregnant on your upper back but they usually stay away from your lower back/waistline. Cupping makes my back feel way better and while it “bruises” I never felt them. It also works better for me than a deep tissue massage. Is the chiropractor practice one that advertises they work on pregnant patients? If not, I would consider looking for someone who specializes in pregnancy. 
  • All I want to eat is tomato soup & cheddar rice cakes. I'm sure this craving for salt means I need to drink more water or something.