March 2020 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms w/o 9.23

2»

Re: Weekly Randoms w/o 9.23

• Options
    I'm 100% with you, @merle89. It really sucks to think you'll have your mom in your corner, especially through this time where you and your mom could really bond. I have gone through the same cycle of hoping things will be different by confiding or sharing my feelings, just to be disappointed. Protect yourself, girlfriend! Here for you  <3
  • Options
    @kagesstarshroom I didn't get to watch the Emmys, due to my early bedtime, but I watched a lot of the highlights the next day. I'm glad it was nominated! 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS has been waking up WAY too early. Yesterday was 3am, (he did eventually go back to sleep), and today 5:45. He had been sleeping until 7 so I don’t know what’s up. I’m tired though. I’m afraid to have a coffee because I want to be able to nap with him, but I’m not sure I’ll even make it to nap time without some sort of caffeine. Especially since I need to run a few errands today. 
  • Options
    @miss.sally I swear by the OK to wake clocks. We have the Hatch baby rest and I love it because I can change it from my phone and it’s a sound machine, nightlight, and ok to wake clock in one. There are cheaper ones though that just turn from yellow to green at the proper time. We started it a little after DS turned 2 because he had started sleeping through the night but then started waking at 4:30 every day and that was just too early. It took a while but we’ve got him sleeping until 6:30 now. I use it for naps too bc he used to sleep until 3 and then it was 2:30 and then 2, then once 1:30 started happening I was like nope ok to wake clock it is! Set it to 2:30 and he’s good about waiting most days. If he wakes at 1:30 he falls back to sleep.  
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Options
    @varimama I have looked into those. DS still isn’t talking though so I think the concept is going to be beyond him for the moment. I definitely will get one once baby comes though. 
  • Options

@mommytimesfour NO to pregnancy colds! I am so sorry!

@kagesstarshroom Glad to hear the second UA was totally fine. Yay!

@merle89 Hugs! I think how you’re feeling is normal. You are going to be a FTM and this is a WHOLE new world to you. I would say that I do believe once the baby is here you will find you have more control than you are expecting. For instance, you can decide how/when people can hold your baby. If you want people to be seated when doing so, then that’s your call! I also think that your being proactive is great pre and post-natal anxiety are REAL. So talking to someone now and planning on talking to someone after is smart. And you have complete control. I have found people to be really understanding re: newborns. No one expects me to cook etc. And, like you, I don’t want ANY overnight visitors. But I was thrilled to have the help with things around the house etc. once DH was back at work (his leave was 4 weeks and mine is 12). I think it is so great you are thinking about these things now. RE: the heart rate. I didn’t exactly understand this but wanted to chime in and say that in my last pregnancy my HR would randomly be very high even if I was just sitting in the car. We ended up casually monitoring it, but all went back to normal after I gave birth.

AFM DH and I hadn’t had sex in FOREVER. In the first trimester, I just don’t want to… but I knew I needed to or he’d be a real ass soon lol. Well, we did it yesterday and I was in pain for hours after lol lol. Boo.

*TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Options
    merle89merle89 member
    edited September 2019
    @"miss.sally"  My mother has already said she doesn't think the shower should be held by the mother but by the friends, which I am more than okay with.  But she says if I want one before that I should opt out of letting anyone have one for me (which I'm not going to do obviously).  At this point I'm a little scared to invite her even because I am worried she will be mad about it or the negativity will make it uncomfortable. It breaks my heart to be upset with her more than I can even express. I've been crying and super emotional the last few days because of some of her comments as well as figuring out how to accommodate the IL's the first month (which has now been resolved :blush:)  I'm sure once everything has calmed down I will more comfortable but it's been tough the last few days.. Thank god for the support my DH has been giving me.  He's doesn't do well with a lot of emotions but he has really been pulling through for me.

I think I will take your advice and try to have the shower 2 months before the due date.  That all your points make so much sense to me.
    Me (30) | DH (29)
    Married 8/02/2019
    EDD 3/18/20 <3
  • Options
    @dunder_mifflin I think it would be 1000000% appropriate to have that stitch in a baby girl's nursery! :D Heck, I'd make you one as a gift if you really want one!  Either that one, or a different female-empowerment Lizzo-related stitch!  :) 

@mrsvp614 @kagesstarshroom YESSS I love that episode SO MUCH!  David and Patrick are SO CUTE.  Keep watching!!  I'm so excited for you!!

@treetop19 @kagesstarshroom @stassischroeder @mommytimesfour @kantobean Ugh, I get winded from talking too much sometimes, lol!  But yeah, any physical excursion has me wheezing.  I park in the 5th floor of the parking garage at work and by the time I climb those stairs, I am exhausted and panting the rest of my way to the car.  I crank the AC and hope for the best, lol.  I'm having heartburn more frequently, too.  Maybe I'll try Zantac!
  • Options
    @Malidocious I’m so sorry you’re having such a rough time. I’ve told my H he has pregnancy mood swings worse than I do some days. and all that plumbing stuff sounds like a total nightmare. I know nothing about plumbing, but a bubbling toilet sounds not so good. I hope your plumber doesn’t charge a ridiculous amount (although I know it seems like they always do). 

Sending you all the positive vibes and creepy internet hugs. I really hope things start to look up for you. 
  • Options
    @malidocious, I second what @miss.sally said.  sorry for your hard time!    I'm in the same boat with my DH, he has gotten really short with me lately, and it's irritating. I feel like I can't do anything right as far as he's concerned.  we had a long talk over the weekend and he explained he's sorry for being angry, but he's terrified of having another kid and feels like even more of his freedom is slipping away.  maybe that's the deal with your SO as well?  maybe he's anxious about the fact that a baby is coming soon, idk.   I guess I don't get why my DH is so freaked out, we have 2 already, and it's not like we have this rockin party life or extra money to burn or traveling lifestyle.  lol.  to me I don't think much will change, of course other than the added stress of the newborn period, once that is gone things should go back to normal - but to him, he fears everything will just fall apart.  In the meantime I just try to not take his attitude personally since it's really not about me, it's about him.. and I know he'll come around eventually.  

• Options

@mommytimesfour NO to pregnancy colds! I am so sorry!

@kagesstarshroom Glad to hear the second UA was totally fine. Yay!

@merle89 Hugs! I think how you’re feeling is normal. You are going to be a FTM and this is a WHOLE new world to you. I would say that I do believe once the baby is here you will find you have more control than you are expecting. For instance, you can decide how/when people can hold your baby. If you want people to be seated when doing so, then that’s your call! I also think that your being proactive is great pre and post-natal anxiety are REAL. So talking to someone now and planning on talking to someone after is smart. And you have complete control. I have found people to be really understanding re: newborns. No one expects me to cook etc. And, like you, I don’t want ANY overnight visitors. But I was thrilled to have the help with things around the house etc. once DH was back at work (his leave was 4 weeks and mine is 12). I think it is so great you are thinking about these things now. RE: the heart rate. I didn’t exactly understand this but wanted to chime in and say that in my last pregnancy my HR would randomly be very high even if I was just sitting in the car. We ended up casually monitoring it, but all went back to normal after I gave birth.

@Malidocious So many hugs. That all sounds awful. I hate when my partner is moody like that because it makes everything else that is going on (which is A LOT for you right now) even harder. 

AFM DH and I hadn’t had sex in FOREVER. In the first trimester, I just don’t want to… but I knew I needed to or he’d be a real ass soon lol. Well, we did it yesterday and I was in pain for hours after lol lol. Boo.

*TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Options
    @Malidocious jeez. I am so sorry. That is a lot all hitting at once. I’m sorry your partner is being moody instead of supportive. You could really use some support right now with everything going on.

is he going to the vet appt and can he take off for the plumber appt instead? Do you have family nearby? This is a lot for you to deal with (esp while pregnant), so ai hope you can reach out to some family or friends to help you even if you usually try to trudge through issues alone. You deserve some help.
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @merle89 I’m sorry it continues. Be kind to yourself and know you have support in other places if you need it.
    super curious - is your relationship with mom always like this? It was this brought on by pregnancy? Sometimes during big family life cycle changes that are supposed to be “happy” we fail to acknowledge the hard parts - IE having a baby is wonderful AND is hard, but not a lot of discussion about the hard stuff takes place so we are ashamed/feel like we’re not supposed to feel negative emotions when they are in fact normal. So I’m wondering if she’s subconsciously “acting out” in a way because she’s failing to acknowledge what will be hard about this for her - I’m just spitballing but perhaps she feels like part of her is “losing” her little girl as she becomes a mom. For example, when I got married my mom was thrilled and amazing overall, but she also was mourning the loss of our family unit and her little girl in a way and because it’s supposed to be a “happy time” she would suppress those feelings and they would manifest in random little bursts about the wedding that made no sense. I just normalized how it’s happy AND it’s okay to be a bit sad. 
    anyway just something that crossed my mind. If she’s normally like this, then that’s a different story. 

@Malidocious sorry you’re having a rough week! Sounds so hard. Take care of yourself and be kind to yourself. When your partner is calm, that would probably be the best time to communicate how you’re feeling and what your needs are while also being supportive - maybe there’s something going on he’s not disclosing? Sending love

oh and I wouldn’t say no to a little Lizzo cross stitch HAHAHA !  
  • Options
    merle89merle89 member
    edited September 2019
    @dunder_mifflin No, unfortunately this is not really new behavior.  It's always been like this.  I think she just has her own demons and doesn't always know how to deal with them so she lashes out in strange ways.  It's always been a struggle but I think it's been harder for me to manage because of all my own changes I'm dealing with right now.  And it changes, what she might be mad or harsh about one minute may not be an issue the next so it can be difficult to gauge what to share. 

Don't get me wrong, she is over the moon about the baby, but thinks I read too much on the internet and make my experiences up afterwards. 

I think maybe in my excitement, I make her feel bad about how she was during her pregnancies and as a mother because I do things differently.  I try to remind her that she didn't have all these resources when she was a young mother and the times were different but sometimes she still lashes out.

Also, I have a far more supportive husband as well so I think that makes her jealous that I have certain experiences she never had, like being allowed to have an emotionally difficult day.  She says I'm emotional because the internet says I would be and she feels bad for my poor husband, and she was NEVER like that when she was pregnant.  I don't even get mad a him and try to encourage him to go out lots and enjoy these last few months before he becomes a father, sometimes I just ask for some extra hugs during the day.  LOL he really doesn't have it that bad :P.

So sorry to get so chatty the last few days, feel free to scroll past me but honestly, you ladies have all been super helpful.

@Malidocious I am so sorry to hear you are having such a hard time.  Sending a ton of hugs your way momma!
    I know it's cliche, but try to keep your chin up and remember that things will get better.  Just take it one step at a time.  Do you have someone you can confide in?  I always feel better after venting to my sister, just get all the feelings out so they aren't so bottled up?
    Me (30) | DH (29)
    Married 8/02/2019
    EDD 3/18/20 <3
  • Options
    @merle89 ah yes, that makes a lot of sense. I was just curious if it was new but this sounds exactly what you said - just fighting her own demons/insecurities. I’m glad she’s over the moon overall :)
  • Options
    @Malidocious I'm so sorry. Plumbing problems suck, having a sick pet is devastating, and then a rough patch in your relationship on top of all that, and pregnancy feelings. UGH! I'm sorry. Glad you can confide in us. I hope things improve on all fronts! 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • Options
    @Malidocious I’m so sorry, that is so much going on so I really hope it gets better for you really soon! Your partners mood probably isn’t a reflection of you but something else (work stress, baby anxiety, etc) but still hope he figures it out and is in a better mood soon! House expenses are no fun, especially unplanned ones like plumbing issues. Hope it’s not as bad as you’re expecting! I’m so sorry about your dog, it’s heartbreaking when a pet is declining and there isn’t much you can do. 

Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Options
    I went to the local park yesterday and a lady told me to be careful because of some creepers driving around. Well I took DS again this morning, and that same lady was there with the little girl she nannies and told me again the creeper was THERE at the park driving around. I live in a really safe area but there has been a ring of thieves taking wallets to sell identities to other countries. I only know this because it happened to a good friend last week and that’s what the police told her. So we got the license plate of this dude who was literally driving, stopping, going on his phone, and driving around and around this park for over an hour. She had called the police and they came and told her they couldn’t do anything unless the guy actually did something, but they did follow the car and I think ran his plates. So here’s hoping they start to catch people. I hate feeling so unsafe in my neighborhood, especially with my kiddos. 
  • Options
    @kailanae Lol!  Wow that is crazy timing, but at least he got to have some fun before he got sick!  Hope he feels better soon and I hope you don't catch it!!!
  • Options
    @Malidocious man I’m sorry you’re dealing with all that. And wtf is with your partner being so rude and not stepping up? I’m mad for you!
  • Options
    DH asked if wanna go to the park with him and DS. I don’t think I could have responded no faster  o:)  We have a 1 yo bday party this afternoon (and I spend all week taking DS to playgrounds, etc.), so I’m good. I will gladly sit on my butt at home, thank you very much.
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker