May 2020 Moms

September Symptoms

Re: September Symptoms

• So far no food aversions. I can’t imagine! I love food sooo much. Even with the nausea. I’m so disappointed I didn’t have sushi one last time!
  • I wanted to ask about people’s boobs. I’m a FTM and I am a small human. 5’2” and I have big boobs (32 DDD). They are already getting more full and heavy. Constant hard nips! I’m so scared about getting giant pancake aereolas (they are already big enough 🙄) and monster boobs!!
  • Loading the player...
  • @smashley09 stm, mine went back to normal after and I  Ebf. 

• Does anyone else feel relatively normal most of the time?
  • @pirateduck yes. I keep kind of waiting for things to start? I could say I’m tired, but with 2 kiddos I’m pretty much always tired regardless of being pregnant. This is why I keep peeing on things, because until I’m in the thick of symptoms it’s hard to believe it’s real. 
  • mamaqdubu said:
    @pirateduck yes. I keep kind of waiting for things to start? I could say I’m tired, but with 2 kiddos I’m pretty much always tired regardless of being pregnant. This is why I keep peeing on things, because until I’m in the thick of symptoms it’s hard to believe it’s real. 
    How far along are you?  I feel like I have lots of little symptoms that on their own are insignificant, but I guess add up.  I have trouble sleeping, but throughout my life go through spells where I don’t sleep well and this may or may not be pregnancy related.  My boobs are sore sometimes, but not terrible.  I feel like they were worse in a prior pregnancy, but maybe I was further along.  I have indigestion when I lie in bed at night (contributing to poor sleep).  Sometimes I feel mild cramps as if my period is impending, then they are gone and I wonder if I’d just imagined it all.  For the most part throughout the day though, I feel pretty much normal.  I’m not complaining, I have never had a child, I guess that somehow I just thought I’d feel pregnant (whatever that means).  If I didn’t actually know I was pregnant, I probably wouldn’t guess I was pregnant based on the way I feel.  I guess I thought I would feel worse, but worse could be just around the corner, it’s still very early 6+4
  • @pirateduck I wouldn’t worry too much. With my first two I didn’t have symptoms until the second trimester when insomnia, cravings, and heartburn all kicked in. Cramping was really my only thing in the first trimester. I have two fairly easy going boys with insomnia so I’ve always contributed it to that.

I’ve been absolutely miserable this go and DH is jumping for joy because he thinks it’s a girl. 

• I wanted to ask about people’s boobs. I’m a FTM and I am a small human. 5’2” and I have big boobs (32 DDD). They are already getting more full and heavy. Constant hard nips! I’m so scared about getting giant pancake aereolas (they are already big enough 🙄) and monster boobs!!
    Mine also went back in size after I was done BFing, in fact, I think they actually got smaller and changed shape...
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Does anyone else feel relatively normal most of the time?
    I do!
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• So jealous of you lucky ladies. 

I haven’t eaten since Friday, so I finally convinced the advice nurse to give me zofran. Then I need to schedule an early appointment so I can get more than a three day supply. I’m so f-ing hungry. 
  • Had a car ride this weekend and oh man, so tough. I’m already prone to motion sickness, but this was really bad. 
  • @pirateduck I’m still only 5 weeks, so there’s a lot to happen still of course, but right now I’m thankful for not being sick. It’s funny that whether it’s your first pregnancy or your third or whatever, it’s so hard to not compare yourself to others to try and gage what is “normal”. How far along are you? 
  • Had a car ride this weekend and oh man, so tough. I’m already prone to motion sickness, but this was really bad. 
    This is me. I’ve been prone to motion sickness on anything that moves my whole life. When dh said maybe I wouldn’t get nausea this pregnancy, it was like, have you even met me? 
  • @adventuresawait1 I’ve been in the car for 20  + hours since Thursday. 🤢

• @Linsbins I was super sick last time, and went with pferneragin? I think it was called. It worked better than zofran for me, and there is tentative evidence linking zofran to cleft palates. It’s still not certain, and of course not eating has its own right sis. Zofran gave  me side effects too. Just wanted you to know there is another option if you needed it. 

• @whatsbumpinpumpkin not to start a debate at all, I just wanted to share the CDC’s studies on Zofran 

https://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/birthdefects/features/kf-ondansetron-and-birth-defects.html
  • Thanks! That’s recent since I had my son. In 2016 they were just starting to look into it. Good to know! It made me feel anxious (like .. a side effect, not worried about taking it) 

• @whatsbumpinpumpkin oh I get it. It’s the only thing that works for me and I have had to take it for both previous pregnancies and fully expect a prescription after my appointment Wednesday. Diclegis does not work for me at all. And therefore neither does B6 and Unisom. 😐
  • So far my nausea has been manageable, but a few of my friends were prescribed Diclectin(Pyridoxine/doxylamine) for their pregnancies. I’m from Ontario Canada, but sure if that’s a common one in the US. Zofran was more popular before Diclectin but it seems to be the go to now. 
  • @Linsbins I was super sick last time, and went with pferneragin? I think it was called. It worked better than zofran for me, and there is tentative evidence linking zofran to cleft palates. It’s still not certain, and of course not eating has its own right sis. Zofran gave  me side effects too. Just wanted you to know there is another option if you needed it. 
    Thanks! I ended up with reglan. I’m not currently puking so rave reviews.
  • edited September 2019
    Does anyone else who had super sore boobs before suddenly not anymore?  I'm hoping it's normal that it stopped and not something I should be over-analyzing (like I am, obviously)

ETA words
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• @shamrocandroll with DS2 my boobs seemed to be really sore when they were growing and adjusting and then they’d calm down for a while before going through another cycle. I personally think it’s pretty normal. 
  • @shamrocandroll Mine weren't super sore, but they did get a little sore almost every day. I would say its been about a week (maybe a tiny bit longer) without any soreness. I'm 6+4.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @shamrocandroll Mine comes and goes. Sometimes I have little to none, and I freak out. Then it comes back and they hurt super bad. 
  • @shamrocandroll Mine haven't been sore pretty much at all so far. Every few days I might feel something but nothing serious.
  • Only my nipples hurt at this point. Theyre constantly hard and rubbing makes them hurt. I nursed DS2 for 3 years so boob pain is relative now. 🙄
  • @shamrocandroll my boobs were really sore last week, now one day away from 7 weeks and it has really subsided. 

@Linsbins yeah, you can’t do much if you are already predisposed to it - you just know it’s coming! :smile:

@whatsbumpinpumpkin taking a long road trip? Work travel? That sounds like my worst nightmare. 

Do any STM feel like they already look pregnant? Is my body just like ready to go or something? Or can it really just be bloating or weight gain already? I have been so hungry the past week. Ate my lunch at 11 today. Will now need to go looking for snacks...

• @adventuresawait1 Exactly what @shamrocandroll said. It's still not a bump, but our stretched out stomachs don't even try to fight the bloat. 
  • @shamrocandroll bahaha I love that—our stomachs giving up! 🤣
  • @shamrocandroll Haha! I love that "stomachs giving up". Yes. I totally feel that way. I keep feeling like I should be sucking it in but just can't. Also my boob pain comes and goes too. They are nowhere near as painful as they were with DD. 
  • Definitely see the blump happening. STM here too. 
    I feel like so  far my symptoms are a lot lighter than the first time. I’m hoping that is a good sign. My boob pain and nausea were terrrrrrible the first time. While both are definitely present this time, it’s pretty mild

• My stomach has given up already and my back doesn’t care to help out!
  • I think I saw people talking about this somewhere but not sure where... Is anyone taking Unisom/B6 (doxylamine) to help with nausea? I didn't really want to take anything but I think I have to. I know it's pretty common to take but I'm afraid since it's a sleep aid I'll be like the dead walking. (of course I would check with my OB first). 
  • @adventuresawait1 my cousins wedding in West Virginia. It’s been... interesting. 

• @rachelg777 that’s the combo. This is what I’ve heard but I’m sure your OB will be a better resource. Take 10 to 25 mg of vitamin B-6 three times a day, every six to eight hours. Take 25 mg of Unisom SleepTabs once before bed.
  • @mdfarmchick ah okay that makes sense. Thank you!!
  • @adventuresawait1 ugh about the blump. I felt this way the 2nd time around 8-9 weeks, and now third time around I’m at 5 weeks and my body is like “oh I remember this... BLUMP”
  • @rachelg777 my RE told me exactly what mdfarmchick said. I accidentally bought 50mg gems of unisom and the doctor recommended that I get 25 mg instead so pay attention more than I did 😂🤦🏻‍♀️
  • My boobs got the news today! They haven’t shut up about it all day. I feel like I need to carry them around. They aren’t bigger, I don’t think but the feel full, heavy. 

I’m a 3rdTM and yeah, my belly gave up. I tried doing core workouts before and all that but nope. They just made me too sore to move.
    #1 DS 12/13/14
    #2 DD 7/1/17
    EDD 2/29/20 MC 7/19/19
    #3 EDD 5/29/19