May 2020 Moms

September Symptoms

Re: September Symptoms

• @minab700 I'm having insomnia too.  It's so bad because we're working on getting our toddler to sleep in her own bed (in our room) right now so she starts off there but sometime through the night she wakes up and wants in our bed and when she wakes up I realize I have to pee and then it takes forever to fall back to sleep! Plus I'm usually feeling nauseous then too so it's extra fun. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @yodamama Oh good!  Graduated markings so I can measure the volume of my vomit!  :lol::lol: 
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Haha! I didn't even notice that @shamrocandroll! It may be helpful in case one comes down with hyperemesis gravidarum (like Duchess Katherine), so your doc can have a better idea of how serious the situation is, rather than just assuming we're being overdramatic, lol.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• the smell of my pets' food is nauseating.
  • @linsbins thanks for the reassurance! Maybe I am lucky or I’ll soon be looking back at this time with envy!
  • Y'all... I am on the struggle bus at work this week. I can't maintain my focus long enough to open a file on my computer. Every 3 seconds I lose my train of thought and think, "Wait... what was I just doing?" Does anyone have any tips for working through this? Will it go away as I progress?
  • @caponey Same here! I got home from school today, and realized I left my lunchbox. 

Also, being a teacher and only getting to pee twice a work day is killing my pregnant bladder! 
  • edited September 2019
    @randicap-2 this is crazy because a lot of foods have been smelling like chlorine to me too. Random things, usually carbs. Is this a pregnancy thing? 

Also having the cramping, sore boobs, general soreness and random nausea, insomnia. Surprisingly not exhausted yet though. Thanks for sharing ladies, it's good to hear that these feelings are normal, re:cramping. 
  • @heatherlynn321 I can't believe you can only use the bathroom twice a day! I feel like sometimes I can't hold it for an hour.

I've been getting hot flashes, like sheets totally soaked, and I cannot wear any of my bras. Just spent over $100 on new ones and I'm not even 4 weeks pregnant yet.
  • @heatherlynn321 I feel you on not getting to pee whenever I need to!
  • wanderlust22wanderlust22 member
    edited September 2019
    I have had a little bit of a lot of different symptoms for the last couple of weeks. I am 5 weeks along. My whole body is achy, my breasts are sore, cramps, and I have RLP (or what I assume to be). This is my first pregnancy so it is all new to me. Today especially it is hard to get comfortable and my stomach will not stop gurgling!

I haven't bought anything to help mitigate symptoms because it is all so new. I might have to try out these Sea-Bands that some of you have mentioned. Any other recommendations would be amazing too!
  • We had my son's 2nd birthday party today, and I must have looked exhausted because my mom and grandmother asked if I was pregnant. I said no, just really over the screaming children. I'm pretty sure it was a combination of both. 
  • Over 7 weeks and I'm struggling to remember what my symptoms were like at this point with my other pregnancies. I feel queasy sometimes throughout the day but not anywhere near actually having to vomit, though today it seemed a bit worse so here's hoping.

Fatigue is very real and I've been taking afternoon naps to compensate. And I smell ALL. THE. THINGS. 

I read something a couple days ago (trying to find it again) about advanced maternal age (35+) being related to less nausea - I'm almost 33. Any older ladies around 7w experiencing less nausea than you expected? 
  • I was 32 with my last pregnancy and am 34 now. Same amount of nausea so far. I’ve already been sick a few times and it usually gets worse for me between 8-10 weeks. 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • lizm1234lizm1234 member
    edited September 2019
    Over 7 weeks and I'm struggling to remember what my symptoms were like at this point with my other pregnancies. I feel queasy sometimes throughout the day but not anywhere near actually having to vomit, though today it seemed a bit worse so here's hoping.

Fatigue is very real and I've been taking afternoon naps to compensate. And I smell ALL. THE. THINGS. 

I read something a couple days ago (trying to find it again) about advanced maternal age (35+) being related to less nausea - I'm almost 33. Any older ladies around 7w experiencing less nausea than you expected? 
    @losersaidwhat that's very interesting.  I'm 35+ and have felt nauseous since about week 5 (I'm 7 weeks now).  This morning was pretty bad.  I've only thrown up a couple of times.  So far I have no taste for most foods, but I can tolerate most things expect coffee.  I haven't been able to keep coffee down and gave up.

Not to refute your theory about 35+, but Kate Middleton and Amy Schumer both had terrible morning sickness throughout their pregnancies.  My aunt was also significantly sicker with her last pregnancy at 40 than her other 2  at 19 and 30.  I don't think advanced maternal age can rule out sickness.  And lastly, at 32 you are not older yet :-) 
  • @losersaidwhat That’s interesting. I was 35 when I had DD and didn’t have much morning sickness. Now 36 and similar. But hadn’t heard anything related to age and morning sickness. 
  • lizm1234 said:
    Over 7 weeks and I'm struggling to remember what my symptoms were like at this point with my other pregnancies. I feel queasy sometimes throughout the day but not anywhere near actually having to vomit, though today it seemed a bit worse so here's hoping.

@losersaidwhat that's very interesting.  I'm 35+ and have felt nauseous since about week 5 (I'm 7 weeks now).  This morning was pretty bad.  I've only thrown up a couple of times.  So far I have no taste for most foods, but I can tolerate most things expect coffee.  I haven't been able to keep coffee down and gave up.

Not to refute your theory about 35+, but Kate Middleton and Amy Schumer both had terrible morning sickness throughout their pregnancies.  My aunt was also significantly sicker with her last pregnancy at 40 than her other 2  at 19 and 30.  I don't think advanced maternal age can rule out sickness.  And lastly, at 32 you are not older yet :-) 
    Hahaha I definitely meant "older than myself" because I know I'm not really into the advanced category yet. I also don't think it's a hard and fast rule either, just that it's less prevalent the older you are. Mostly it's just curious to me - being a birth doula I'm also kind of a nerd about this stuff so I was interested in everyone else's experiences.
  • @losersaidwhat That’s interesting. I was 35 when I had DD and didn’t have much morning sickness. Now 36 and similar. But hadn’t heard anything related to age and morning sickness. 
    I hadn't heard of it until very recently either which is why I found it so interesting! Bodies are weird.
  • I woke up with cramping last night, not good for my anxiety.
    I hadn't heard of it until very recently either which is why I found it so interesting! Bodies are weird.
    Huh, that's really interesting. I hadn't made that correlation (since I am a FTM). I'm 35 yrs old and while I haven't had morning sickness, I do get nauseated if I wait too long to eat. I feel instantly better if I do eat, though. I haven't gotten sick to the point of vomiting (yet) and FX it stays that way! LOL
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• yodamama said:
    @losersaidwhat That’s interesting. I was 35 when I had DD and didn’t have much morning sickness. Now 36 and similar. But hadn’t heard anything related to age and morning sickness. 
    Huh, that's really interesting. I hadn't made that correlation (since I am a FTM). I'm 35 yrs old and while I haven't had morning sickness, I do get nauseated if I wait too long to eat. I feel instantly better if I do eat, though. I haven't gotten sick to the point of vomiting (yet) and FX it stays that way! LOL
    I needed diclectin to function in any capacity for my first three babies and then my fourth I was not only sick for the least amount of time, but never letting myself get hungry kept me from getting sick!
  • @rachelg777 I had boob pain with dd as my first sign, but I'm not experiencing it this time which I guess is good seeing how I'm still nursing anytime I'm with her and multiple times through the night. I'm not pumping at work anymore so I don't know what kind of volume I'm producing, but she wants to nurse all the time.

Like most of you I'm "looking forward" to the nausea starting up so I feel pregnant but really don't want to deal with it. Last time I couldn't stand the sight, smell or taste of meat which was awful when I got diagnosed with gestational diabetes and had to up my protein. 

Smells are starting to sneak up on me. I currently have a pregnancy cold so I'm enjoying the stuffy nose and lack of smelling. This weekend (at like 4 dpo so couldn't be pg related) my husband burnt popcorn in the motn and I woke up wanting to vomit. It was burnt so bad that every time we use the microwave the smell comes out still and it's so gross. 
  • @jhysmath burnt popcorn is the worst...  I admittedly contaminated the office once, it lingered for days.
  • Is anyone else having acid reflux? I feel like I get it a few times a day and it's not pleasant.
  • @soprano19 not yet. But it’s coming for me. Right around 20-22 weeks. Ugh. I’m sorry. I think I had it a little last time when I was getting sick 3-4 times a day. 
  • @soprano19 Yes, me. I usually get it really bad in 2nd tri, so right now I'm glad it's just mild.
  • I spent an hour arguing with the advice nurse today. I was so sick during my last pregnancy and it has started again. I couldn’t keep anything down and I’ve lost three pounds. She was like, how many times have you thrown up? I was like, I literally can’t count since it’s been constant since 3 am. 
  • @Linsbins oh no! I am so sorry! She wouldn’t give you a call in script?
  • @soprano19 I haven’t yet, but mine gets super super bad the last half of pregnancy, so ill continue to hope it waits for a loooong time to show up!
  • @mdfarmchick ugh ugh ugh, I hope this doesn't keep up for too long this pregnancy! Feel better, girl!

@soprano19 last time I had acid reflux, but not until 5 months. I'm sorry you have this so early! Some foods might trigger it more (like juices, fruits, anything greasy or carbonated), but sometimes it is unavoidable. Hope you feel better soon too!
  • @gh515 you just listed all the foods I like to eat :D
  • @soprano19 ahh, I know! So stinky! For me, it's dairy, tomatoes/citrus, and grease that make it worse, and bananas and coconut water help tamp it down. But it's different for everyone, so hopefully you can just keep eating what you want, and it'll pass! <3 
  • Anyone else just randomly gagging? It comes out of nowhere and is super embarrassing. I don’t throw up, just gag. 
  • Parked at the apartment complex after a delicious dinner. Got out and gagged next to the car and spit up as our neighbor walked his dog past me 👌🏼😬
  • @mokay19 I’m sorry! You are not alone? 😬
  • @Linsbins ugh I am in the same boat. I feel absolutely like shit, I can’t do anything around the house I vomit so much. My appt isnt till oct 7 so I hope I can make it till then to get some meds. When I called the office they said they were familiar with treating patients with HG. I hope you get more support, this can be really
    miserable if you have to spend your energy arguing. 
  • @soprano19 right there with you with the reflux!