Infertility

OCT FET

I know this is kind of early but i figured i would go ahead and start it.

Anyone else planning for an Oct FET? I go in next week for my consultation appointment and to schedule the transfer

Re: OCT FET

• Hi @justharrison! I'm also planning for an October FET.  We had our consultation in June and are in the process of having our embryos transferred from our old clinic to our new one. Next step for me is a saline sonogram. 
  • Oh wow i forgot about that procedure! Ill have to remember to ask if i will have to redo that before doing a transfer!
    why are you switching clinics if you dont mind me asking?
  • Loading the player...
  • We moved! 

We were living in the DC area, but always planned to move back home when we had kids. **TW** our daughter from our last FET was born in Feb 2018 and we moved closer to our families in November.

My last clinic actually never did a saline sonogram so this is new to me! I'm not sure why, maybe because our diagnosis is mfi? My new doctor said the saline sono is good for 6 months so depending on when you last had one you might still be good! 

• Its been about a year so i guess they might want to redo it. Oh well, theres plenty of time between now and October to get it done. 
    I was talking to DH about preparing to do another FET and he reminded me about the PIO shots- i cant believe i forgot about them and the (potentially) 12 wks of pain and soreness
  • Hello! I haven’t officially started the transfer process but am thinking about going back to my clinic in September, maybe transfer in late October. **TW** I had an FET back in July 2017 that resulted in my son. We want another child to complete our family so back to FET! **End TW**
    Me: 41  DH: 46
    Unexplained infertility/AMA, polycystic ovaries, insulin resistance
    FET#1(July 2017): eSET of first of 4 PGS-normal embryos, DS born 3/30/2018
    FET#2(Oct/Nov 2019): eSET  
  • Oh gosh, I've heard the shots are rough! Does your doctor allow the suppositories? I've only ever used those, and even though they can be messy, I was thankful to not have to do the shots. My new doctor said the first round is my choice since my last protocol was successful using the suppositories, but if the first FET with her fails then she'll want me to try to PIO shots.
  • @justharrison and @caitb13 I did a combo PIO shots and progesterone suppositories, where I did the shots just in the first four days and suppositories twice a day starting day 5. That worked for me. So it doesn’t have to be one or the other. I hated the shots but doing it for four days wasn’t too bad. 
  • jusgigijusgigi member
    edited July 2019
    @caitb13 My progesterone levels wouldnt go high enough with the suppositories. The shots arent too awful if you ice the area down first and the use a heating pad after. DH would also do a deep tissue massage to the area as well because the oil would like to congeal in one place and form a hard knot.

edited for grammar errors 😳

• @cashewchicken Hi!! I havent started officially yet either. I go on friday for the consultation. Im hoping to get any prelimary testing/procedures done during august/september and then doing a mid to laye transfer october.

TW we just had our first LO in May (after 5 years of treatments and 8 miscarriages/chemicals.) TW

We figured since it took so long for tue first we should jump right back in just in case this takes some time as well. The RE feels like he figured out the issue and we should have recurrent successes.
  • Hey @cashewchicken! I recognize your handle from the last time I was on this board. Congratulations on your little boy! 

Thank you both for reassuring me about the shots. If we end up going that route this time around I'll be sure to use your tips.  

• It's August already! Where does the time go? I've been meaning to get back on taking all the vitamins but I'm so distracted and I keep forgetting to take them. Agh. Are you guys doing anything other than going to the appointments to prep for the next transfer?

@justharrison Congrats on your LO and it's great that you're moving ahead with TTC #2 already! I have heard and have seen even on this board too that people tend to conceive more easily with #2, so hoping that's the case for all of us.
    @caitb13 Congrats on your daughter, too! Speaking of saline sonogoram, I need to get one too. In one of the US monitoring during the last pregnancy, the US tech mentioned polyp, so I need to make sure to get that looked at before the next transfer.

• @cashewchicken Nope! I just had my consultation appointment today. I’m waiting for the office to call me to schedule the saline ultrasound and mock transfer. 
    I want to do the transfer at the end of October so hopefully we can get everything aligned correctly.
    just a lot of hurry up and waiting now 😕
  • @cashewchicken I know! October will be here before we know it!

I started bc this week so that my cycle is on track for the saline sono (even though our IVF is due to mfi, I have PCOS and a very unpredictable cycle - although it's gotten a lot better since DD's birth.) I'm also trying to be better about remembering to take a multivitamin. My RE said I should start taking a prenatal, but since we're still a few months out I'm going to finish up my regular multivitamin and start the prenatal once those run out. 

• Made an appointment for saline sono for this Wednesday. My clinic reminded me that they won’t begin any treatment until I’ve had 3 full cycles after weaning (I just started my second cycle), but I’ve convinced them to just let me do saline sono in case there is a polyp that needs to be taken care of before I begin the treatment. So I’m excited about doing something to prep for FET.
  • @cashewchicken i didnt realize that was a thing (waiting 3 cycles) did they ever give you a reason/explanation? I wasnt able to successfully BF this LO but am hoping to for the next one.
    Good luck with the saline sono. Im on the wait list for next week to have mine done, if no one cancels i will do it at the end of September 
  • @cashewchicken woohoo! So exciting to be getting the ball rolling! Good luck with your sono!

@justharrison fx that they can get you in next week! 
  • @justharrison I think it is to give body some time to normalize the hormone levels. I checked online to see if other clinics do the same and that doesn’t seem like the case. Looks like most clinics are okay as long as you’ve completely weaned off your baby. I didn’t get my period until after I stopped bf my son, so I’m okay with waiting a few cycles to see how my cycles are pp. 

Went in for sono and everything looks good! The doctor told me that the third cycle can be the bc cycle so that will put the FET time sometime in October. But I’m wondering. I just started taking all the vitamins. Should I hold off one more month to ensure my vitamin levels (like D) is high enough?
  • Hello everyone!! We just had our consult today and have a saline sono next Tuesday. **TW** I had my daughter in May 2018 and am hoping to give her a sibling but he road to her wasn’t very easy...4 transfers and 2 canceled transfers and moving toward using a gestational carrier before giving it one last try and t miraculously working! ***end TW 

we are aiming for a mid October transfer. I just had to up my thyroid meds so it’ll take a few weeks for that to level out and last cycle I was on metformin amen ovasitol so we’re gonna try that again. I weaned just over a month ago and just had my first cycle. I have pcos amen have never gotten a period on my own so maybe pregnant sort of reset my body? It’ll be interesting to see if i get another one. My RE won’t put me on BC even if I don’t get one since it really thins my lining out and that was my big issue. I’ve done pio each transfer and the shots suck but bearable. If we are successful again I’ll end up being on weekly progesterone shots for the duration of the pregnancy due to preterm labor with my little girl. Ugh

@caitb13 I’m in the DC area...which clinic did you go to?? 

@cashewchicken hello!!! 

• Welcome @mtpbadger! I'm sorry it was such a tough road to get your baby girl; hopefully this time around will be a little smoother!  I went to Columbia Fertility on M Street. 

@cashewchicken if you are taking vitamins and generally eating a balanced diet I personally wouldn't be worried about a vitamin deficiency, but obviously your doctor would know if waiting another month or so is in your best interest. 
  • @mtpbadger Hi!!! I’m so excited that you’re TFAS too! I’m hoping that your next pregnancy will happen easily. I’ve heard that many women become more fertile after pregnancy, so I’m hoping that’s the case for you!

@caitb13 I just started taking vitamins on a regular basis. I’m just afraid that the first pregnancy depleted all the nutrients. Since I we are planning to add one more child, maybe waiting another month might be a good idea to give it a best shot. Also, I just remembered that my thyroid number was off and is now normalizing so waiting another month will bring the TSH down to where it need to be. 
  • *lurking* @mtpbadger I was excited to see your username pop up! So glad to see you're trying again soon!
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • @cashewchicken that makes sense! You should definitely do whatever gives you peace of mind and the best chance for a successful transfer.
  • @Caitb13 I've never heard of Columbia Fertility. Granted we didn't do much research on clinics since when we first started, my health insurance covered IF with Shady Grove and we've just stuck with them even when my insurance got rid of IVF coverage (GRRR).

@cashewchicken that's so weird about the three cycle requirement since weaning. I just had my first and my RE is ready to hit the ground running! Granted I still have to wait about 6-8 weeks for all my meds to fully kick in (thyroid and metformin) but how frustrating! 

@wifeinraleigh28 hopefully I'll be joining you with a second pregnancy soon! How have you been feeling?

Had my saline sono yesterday - I had to mentally prepare myself for people to be all up in my business again lol! Everything looked great AND they measured my lining just to see and it was a 7! I've never gotten above a 5.5 in ANY of my medicated cycles. Fingers crossed my body has figured things out and my lining cooperates this time around a little bit better. I'll most likely start metformin tonight and it will take about 3 weeks to titrate up to the full dose. 

• @mtpbadger I'm sure you will be soon!! 1st tri is kicking my butt honestly. I've been really exhausted and nauseous and now I have a cold on top of it! Right now I don't even know where my cold ends and pregnancy sickness begins haha. But I've never been more grateful to be feeling crummy!
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • @cashewchicken  woohoo for the good results from the saline sonogram! I dont think you need to wait over vitamin levels. If your vitamin d levels were low you would be tired all the time and have joint/bone pain. For the most part everyone gets enough through diet. 

@caitb13 hopefully bc pills work for your cycle. I also have pcos and i am starting my third month of bc pills and still havent got a period. So i was unable to get my saline sonogram done this month. I now have to go in on Tuesday and get bloodwork done to see whats going on. When this is happened in the past they would just pick a random day and call it day number 1 😕.

@mtpbadger welcome! Im sorry to hear about you tough journey through infertility but hopefully having a place to talk to others with similar experiences is comforting. I know it is for me! 
  • sarahrosessarahroses member
    edited August 2019
    Hello, I'm also joining the October FET group. I had two unsuccessful FETs already with normal embryos :( But still holding out some hope for my remaining 2 embryos which I'm trying to convince the doctor to implant at once since I want to avoid the cost and going through meds twice. 
    I'll be doing my saline in the September cycle. 
    This is my 2nd clinic and they already messed up several things, I can't believe they are so disorganized. The first clinic was very organized and had the best statistics but still managed to mess up several treatment outcomes for me. Oh well. 
  • cashewchickencashewchicken member
    edited August 2019
    @mtpbadger My clinic also has an 18-month between pregnancy requirement. So the three cycles after weaning was okay since I ended up nursing until 15 months anyway. It’s great that your lining looks better! Hoping the lining problem is gone!

@justharrison I was tired all the time and had some pains (mostly my feet and hands) but I thought it was a post partum thing, so I don’t know. Will get the bloodwork in September and hoping it’s not too low. 

@sarahroses Welcome! I’m sorry that the clinic messed up some things. That’s always very annoying. I went through three retrieval and felt that the clinic could have done better so I know your frustration!
  • @justharrison I've always done a no-menses start for day 1 in the past since I don't get a cycle with PCOS either. My RE won't even put me on BC anymore b/c it totally messed with my lining and my response to the meds - it shut things down WAY too much. 

@sarahroses I'm so sorry you've had two unsuccessful FETs so far - I know how devastating they can be. I think after my first two failed my RE was totally fine with transferring too. I also ran the idea by my OBGYN to make sure there weren't any concerns with potentially carrying twins. Issues with clinics are so frustrating and annoying. Hopefully from here on out things go smoothly!  

• @mtpbadger that normally what i do too (just because bcp dont do anything for me other than clear my acne) i think the dr was curious as to wether the successful pregnancy and delivery would “reset” my body- which it didnt, i knew i wouldnt be that lucky. Hopefully after bloodwork tomorrow they will schedule me for my saline sonogram. Im anxious to get this ball rolling!
  • Bloodwork came back- everything is suppressed even though im on bcb pill 😕. So im going tonstay on them long enough to get my saline sonogram done and then i will start provera (because im still not getting periods with the bcb pills) and then i am good to go!!!
    October here we come!
  • Hi everyone! I will also be doing an October FET! I had to take a month off after my second IVF cycle in August so waiting anxiously. This month, I cut out caffeine and alcohol (hopefully this helps). I have also continued to take my prenatal and COQ10. Good luck to you all! 
  • Hi everyone I will be doing my first FET in October! I did my IVF cycle in August but had to wait for PGS testing. I have 2 PGS normal embryos and will be doing them one at a time. I have my Saline Sonogram scheduled for Friday and if all looks good I will have my FET tentatively on 10/4! Good luck to everyone!

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• So, it looks like continued bad luck for me. My doctor will be out for the embryology conference mid October, right when my natural FET should take place :( Another disappointment. This pushes me to November, a year after my first failed FET..Ugh. 
  • @sarahroses that sucks! Do you have to do a natural cycle? 
  • @sarahroses oh no! That totally sucks. Would there be another dr there to cover for him/her that you’d feel comfortable with? 
  • I'm sorry @sarahroses you've waited such a long time already!  Not sure how the whole process would work at your clinic, but for my second FET, my doctor was going to be away for the holidays already, and waiting till the New year was not ideal for us.  Luckily she had already set my whole protocol, so it was really just the transfer part, and another doctor was able to jump in.
  • Unfortunately she's the only doctor in the practice, so I think I'll just have to sit it out...with a couple other health issues I have to deal with, this is rather depressing. 
  • @marhar19 welcome and good luck to you too!
    @hanshotfirst77 how did your saline sonogram go? Good luck!!

i have my saline sonogram today. Hopefully everything is clear and we are ready for a transfer at the end of October
  • @justharrison Good luck on your saline sonogram today!

Mine went great. I had one before my ER in August and my RE thought there may have been something off. But decided to let me continue and we'd revisit before a transfer. So I was kinda nervous something would still be wrong. But everything looked great thankfully. Started estrace yesterday, FET should be 10/4 if all goes well. 

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• Hi,

October will be my third FET. Also 6 Iui in past .  My wife and I have been married 7 1/2 years and together 10.  I have fibroids and low ovarian reserve.  We are on our 3rd donor embryo.  If this one doesn’t work we may not be able to afford more treatment.  Fingers crossed.  First ultrasound today went well and on the medication schedule. Start Accupuncture on Tuesday.

TW

Got pregnant in June from FET and had miscarriage.  Been off the boards for a while resetting.

Go back for next check on 10/4.