Infertility

OCT FET

124»

Re: OCT FET

• marhar19 9dpt tests were a 3 and a 4.  My 5 day did not take. I think I also tested in that time period on that one but of course didn't see anything.
  • Oh wow, that’s interesting. Thanks for the info! I’m itching to test, but only at 5dp3dt now
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been lurking in here because there's not a November FET thread.

@erbear84 I'm sorry to hear about your chemical.  I just had a chemical, my last cycle (end of Sept transfer), I was told that as long as my beta was negative (5 or less) I was good to move right on into my next cycle with my period.  My cycle started last week and I'll be doing a transfer at the beginning of November (provided by beta this friday is less than 5 as it was still 7 last friday).  As long as you feel up to it and your doctor is ok with it no reason to wait!
    Infertility Journey (in spoiler because it's way too long and child/loss mentioned)
    Married: 08/09/2013; TTC #2
    Me: 31, possible PCOS and Septate Uterus (Septum removed in November 2017)
    DH: 31, MFI (Low Count and Low Motility)
    July 2017 - IUI #1 - Letrozole 2.5 mg, no trigger, Prometrium 100 mg 2x a day - BFN
    August 2017 - IUI #2 - Letrozole 2.5 mg, no trigger, Prometrium 100 mg 2x a day - BFN
    September 2017 - IUI #3 - Letrozole 2.5 mg, no trigger, Prometrium 100 mg 2x a day - BFN
    November 2017 - Uterine Septum removed
    December 2017 - IVF Consultation
    January 2018 - IVF #1 - Retrieval 1/24 - 2 Day 3 embryos (1 transferred fresh, 1 frozen) and 2 Day 5 embryos frozen
    February 2018 - Fresh Transfer - Transfer 1/27 (1 day 3 embryo) - BFN
    March 2018 - FET #1 - Transfer 3/2 (1 day 5 embryo) - BFP!  1st beta (10dp5dt) - 101; 2nd beta (17dp5dt) - 3061! Due 11/18/2018
    March 2018 - Remaining embryos lost in malfunction.

October 8, 2018 - Son born at 34 weeks and a day due to preeclampsia and HELLP syndrome.  Spent 13 days in the NICU.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

June 2019 - IVF #2 - Cancelled - Cyst on Ovary
    July 2019 - IVF #2 Take 2 - Retrieval 8/1 - 5 Day 5 embryos frozen
    August 2019 - FET #1 - Cancelled - No Trilaminar Lining
    September 2019 - FET #1 - Transfer 9/25 (1 day 5 embryo) - Chemical Pregnancy - 1st beta (9dp5dt): 110; 2nd beta (14dp5dt): 357; 3rd beta (16dp5dt): 188; 4th beta (23dp5dt): 7
    November 2019 - FET #2 - Transfer 11/6 (1 day 5 embryo) - BFN
    December 2019 - FET #3 - Transfer 12/11 (1 day 5 embryo) - BFP! - 1st beta (8dp5dt): 102; 2nd beta (15dp5dt): 2636! Due 08/28/2020

August 13, 2020 - Son born at 37 weeks an 6 days due to failed BPP (Gestational Diabetes).
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @erbear84 so sorry to hear about your chemical. your scenario was me last month. My beta was 8 and then 4. I am trying again this month with a transfer next week. I didn't PGS test my embryos either.
  • My 2nd beta came back. Frustrated with Nurse as it was second time this week she failed to call with same-day results.

Number did not double.  153 to 270.  Probably going to stay anxious after recent slow and the slow rising of those numbers.  Another beta tomorrow.

• Anyone have their beta this week? Mine is on Wednesday and I’m so scared. 
  • @erbear84 I’m so sorry about your chemical. Praying for you 💕
  • @marhar19 My beta is on Thursday.
  • @Elle131 good luck!!! It’s all so stressful. Are you testing early? 
  • Good luck to those having betas this week! Fingers crossed!
  • I’m I’m not testing early. Waited the 2wks
  • @Elle131 good to hear I’m not the only one waiting! Hopefully it’s a BFP for both of us, good luck! 
  • Congrats to all the ladies that have gotten BFPs and all the ladies currently in their 2ww! @mbradfo2 Thank you! I can’t believe I’m back at it again. It’s scheduled for Nov now though. @erbear84 I’m sorry. You’ve asked about PGD. Are you referring to the embryo test where they specifically test for a genetic disease like CF (which would be PGD) or for chromosomal abnormality like trisomy 21 (which would be PGS)? I did PGS on our embryos and I’m glad I did. But I believe some benefit from the test more than others, and in my opinion, PGS is great for someone who is: 1) Advanced maternal age and wants to bank embryos (to have multiple kids) 2) AMA with PCOS (lots of eggs) and need a way to weed out the bad embryo from the good. I was 38 when I turned to IVF, DH and I wanted 2 kids (but not twins) and I had polycystic ovaries so PGS testing made sense to us. For someone who isn’t AMA I can see PGS being useful if you had recurring losses and wanted to figure out whether it was due to the embryo (pretty common) or something else. Hope this helps.
    Me: 41  DH: 46
    Unexplained infertility/AMA, polycystic ovaries, insulin resistance
    FET#1(July 2017): eSET of first of 4 PGS-normal embryos, DS born 3/30/2018
    FET#2(Oct/Nov 2019): eSET  
  • Had my transfer yesterday so officially in the TWW! My clinic does the full 14 days (UGH) so my beta will be 11/11 and I won't be testing beforehand so hopefully these next two weeks fly by!
  • Lurking from sep FET -- yay @mtpbadger!! How are you feeling?!
  • @aera11 so far so good (but it hasn't even been 24 hours LOL!). Trying not to think about it too much. This has been the smoothest transfer process out of all I've ever done with my body actually responding so well to the meds so it's a different experience! Trying not to get my hopes up too much but it's so hard!
  • @mtpbadger Congrats! That’s so exciting but having to wait 14 days for the first beta must be rough! Are you going to test early?
  • @cashewchicken I've never tested early and am way too nervous/scared to do it. I'd rather live in my little bubble for as long as possible thinking that there could be a possibility. ***TW**** I've also had several chemicals so I know even testing early doesn't give me concrete data and I would just obsess over the darkness of the lines. I saw you got your transfer date in Nov - so exciting!!!
  • Congrats to those now in tww. 

Got my 3rd beta back.
    It was 270 on 2nd and now 1703.  Last one was last Weds and retested Monday.  Nurse was pleased.  Onto the 1st ultrasound 11/7.

Just pleased the numbers are doing better this time and hope this remains the sticky one.

• @mtpbadger nice, welcome!!! Wishing you lots of luck! 💕
  • @mtpbadger I totally agree! I didn’t test early either, I felt that it’s better to be PUPO than a definite no (and I experienced 3 years of BFN). I was looking over the protocol calendar and 9dpt (that’s when my clinic typically tests) falls on Saturday after Thanksgiving. Looks like I’ll be waiting a bit longer to find out, too. 
  • Hoping the tww goes by fast @mtpbadger!
  • Sending Good vibes to all who are in their two-week wait! I am going in for a FET in an hour ... in the waiting room now! 
  • The TWW is over.  I was a good girl and waited the 14 days for Beta...
    My Beta is 796. I’m preggo 👶🏽. Blood work next week then ultrasound in 2 weeks. We did a natural cycle 5 day FET. God is marvelous!!!

• @elle131 CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That is a fantastic beta!
  • @elle131 Congrats! I'm impressed you managed to wait.  Great levels. Good luck to all in the tww. 

• How's everyone doing??
  • @mtpbadger Not as focused as I need to be.  I have a crazy caseload and even though I'm churning things out not at my usual pace.

Stomach upset has started. Very ready to get past ultrasound this week.  It was the first ultrasound when RE started to see problems last time so nervous.
  • @bluguitarhannah what do you do for a job? The distraction is awful! Hopefully you can stay somewhat focused!

When is your ultrasound? 
  • @mtpbadger Ultrasound is Thursday.  I do investigations of sexual misconduct ranging from sexual harassment to rape.  I'm still producing a lot just not in my high gear so I notice.

Hope you are doing well.
  • mtpbadgermtpbadger member
    edited November 2019
    @bluguitarhannah how did the US go!?!? 

That sounds like an interesting/stressful job! If you're still producing, I doubt anyone may notice!

I'm hanging in there. Anxious for Monday to get this beta over and done with. I don't know if it's the meds, if I caught a bug or what, but I've been feeling utterly nauseous and horrible so I'm hoping it's a good sign. 
  • Still waiting for the official call but I caved and tested. BFN. I’m bummed bc this was the best my lining ever looked and probably one of the easiest transfers I’ve ever had. Will prob be taking a break until after the holidays. We have one more frozen embryo and then DH and I will need to have a serious convo if we go through another retrieval or not. 
  • *lurking*

@mtpbadger not the news I was hoping to see from you. I'm so sorry. Sending you virtual hugs.
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • @mtpbadger I hate to hear that news.  Has acupuncture been part of your protocol?  It might such a stark difference for me as a supplemental treatment. 
    This is our last frozen embryo so I understand the stress when you get there.
  • @mtpbadger I’m so sorry. Hoping the lining problem is a thing of the past, and the next one will be successful. 
  • @mtpbadger
    So sorry to hear this :-(  Everything is such a crapshoot in this game; you can have every detail perfect and still not be successful. So disappointing and frustrating. I hope your next cycle is the ticket :smile: 

~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• @mtpbadger (((hugs))) I'm sorry it didn't go better for you. ❤️. Be good to yourself over the holidays while you regroup.