Group 3 Check In (3/17 -3/24) w/o 9/9

EDD/W+D

Team finding out/pink/blue/green

Baby is the size of a(n)

Upcoming appts

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves

Questions

GTKY: Would you rather be a billionaire, never look a day over 25, perpetually fit despite eating whatever you want, or the smartest person on the planet? And why?:
Me: 32 | DH: 35
Married: 8/22/15
BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

Re: Group 3 Check In (3/17 -3/24) w/o 9/9

• Options
    EDD/W+D: 3/19, 12w5d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out on halloween

Baby is the size of a(n): Roborovski Hamster

Upcoming appts: sometime in late Sept

How are you feeling?: less nauseous....I think. So that makes me happy.

Rants/Raves: I finally started exercising! But my IT band (knee) is killing me. That prevented me from doing two races in the past and I wish I could figure out how to fix it. I’ve been so sore all day since my workout and we hardly ran. Ugh. 

Questions: um none I think

GTKY: Would you rather be a billionaire, never look a day over 25, perpetually fit despite eating whatever you want, or the smartest person on the planet? And why?: never look over 25. I really, really hate how I am aging. Smartest person on the planet is too much pressure even though it would be cool to solve a lot of the world’s problems with my brain. I’d feel guilty if I were a billionaire and give so much away, I would no longer be one ha. But I wanna be young and wrinkle-free and without this stupid eye bags :weary:

• Options
    @silverhope Aw, are you doing it special on Halloween like bc you like Halloween/something?

EDD/W+D
    : 3/21 12w3d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green:  finding out but not telling anyone else

Baby is the size of a(n): plum?

Upcoming appts: Tomorrow morning! Our NIPT + doppler. 

How are you feeling?: Yesterday was good, today started off rocky but teaching always makes me feel good, so I'm alright.

Rants/Raves: In my office hours now--I love that teaching makes me feel better! But I hate that I only teach two classes (each twice a week). I have to work on dissertation edits, and I am supposed to drive to NOLA tomorrow, but I don't think I... can, though I do feel bad cancelling those plans, and worry I will feel better if I go and worse if I don't? Blah. My classes are going well though, though I think I bored my one class today but oh well--it's important information they're getting!

Questions: As long as the heart-tones part of the appointment goes well & we can move on to the blood draws, I want to specifically ask my doctor tomorrow how she will be telling us the results of the NIPT. Like, what type of language she will be using etc. She's been my ob thru my 2 losses, so I think she will understand? But--is that a weird English teacher-in-me type question, or a valid one? Or both...

GTKY: Would you rather be a billionaire, never look a day over 25, perpetually fit despite eating whatever you want, or the smartest person on the planet? And why?: Probably a billionaire because being smarter than everyone else would SUCK, as they'd never listen to you--and I plan on looking good anyway for a long time haha. At least if I had money, I would have influence because, unfortunately--in a capitalist society that I see no way out of at least any time soon-- money = power (and SPEECH by law...)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: 13w0d!

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: team finding out! Tomorrow hopefully... elective ultrasound at my friends 3D/4D US office. 

Baby is the size of a(n): lemon

Upcoming appts: tomorrow! Had one today though with the OB everything looked great!

How are you feeling?: hmmm... still nauseous off and on. Having dizzy spells as well as shortness of breath. OB says this will get better as my body adjusts to the baby.

Rants/Raves: Everyone knows we might find out tomorrow what we’re having and my mom is already upset she has to wait for the gender reveal. She’s acting like she might try to pressure me into telling her.. I can’t just avoid her either because she lives in our house! That’s a whole other rant! I need my space again!!!

Questions: Sex drive ladies. This is my first baby. Does it get better? DH acts like I’m disgusted by him which is not the case. I feel liked I’m hurting him emotionally and yes I know I’m the pregnant one. I still care about his feelings though!

GTKY: Would you rather be a billionaire, never look a day over 25, perpetually fit despite eating whatever you want, or the smartest person on the planet? And why?: fit!!!! I’m not rather unfit but it would be nice to know I could avoid so many chronic illnesses!! 
  • Options
    @silverhope so jealous you are back to exercising! I can’t wait till the fatigue is gone so I can at least go for walks. I haven’t wanted to be very active bc I already don’t think I’m eating enough calories so don’t want to lose any.

@kagesstarshroom how come you’re not telling anyone the sex of the baby? Waiting for delivery or doing a gender reveal? 

@bygodsgrace20 let me know how your elective ultrasound goes tomorrow! We are going to find out the same way but I’m not sure when I should schedule it! And uhm, I’m with you on the sex drive. DH and I have not done anything since we found out I’m pregnant almost 2 months ago. I just have not been in the mood, exhausted, and nauseous so oral is out of the question too. I feel bad but hopefully second trimester I can get back into it lol

EDD/W+D: March 24th 12w1d 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: team finding out foooo shoooo 

Baby is the size of a(n): plum!!!! 

Upcoming appts: nothing until October but I’ll be making an elective ultrasound appt soon! 

How are you feeling?: Last couple days I’ve felt like the fatigue is slowly starting to lift. I get nauseous randomly usually in the evening and last week I threw up twice. The food aversions are still here tho. 😭 I’ve seen some of the girls on here who are almost to 14 weeks say they back tracked and got worse again so I’m scared of that lol 

Rants/Raves: I’m finally excited and happy about baby and it’s finally feeling more real so that is def a rave!!!! 

Questions: none 

GTKY: Would you rather be a billionaire, never look a day over 25, perpetually fit despite eating whatever you want, or the smartest person on the planet? And why?: oh definitely billionaire. 100%
  • Options
    @mrsc918 so my friend says she has been able to tell as early as 13 weeks. She’s not charging much and i think if it was unsuccessful she would say to come back 0 charge. She did say baby has to be extremely cooperative. Well at today’s US baby had one leg caddy wompus and the other straight in the air. So i am hopeful that he/she does the same tomorrow!   
    I just hate disappointing DH so much on sex. Makes me feel bad... plus then I get all emotional and in my head and convince myself men cheat on their wives for not having sex with them! Then when we do it’s so irritating because obviously I’m not extremely in the mood and I just feel sore after. I had a pap today and told him straight up yesterday it’s not happening which he was very understanding with!
    Also noticing on the nausea that I’ve almost went back? I was doing so well and eating so much better and last week I had to finally get a script for zofran.. I also did the dishes today for the first time in a long time and gagged the majority of the time. Hoping it’s in my head and goes away very soon! I also still can’t stand to think of certain foods. Chicken? Yuck. Pretty sure this child wants to try to live on sweets and carbs... 
  • Options
    @kagesstarshroom def not silly to ask her what language she will use. You should be comfortable with how she gives you the results. Definitely tell her exactly what you are looking for. Also no, the u/s place is only open twice a week and DH could only do 2 days in the anatomy scan window so we chose Halloween ha.

• Options
    @bygodsgrace20 I feel you girl. DH has been SO good to me, waiting on me hand and foot, taking care of the house and I wish I could reward him with some lovin’ cause he really deserves it lol and trust me there have been times that I tell him straight “omg you better not cheat on me!!” Lol

also, I ate so well today and I was so happy I was able to eat eggs the past 2 mornings when I haven’t even been able to look at them the past 2 months...then all of a sudden nauseous since 3pm. And then I get home and eat a taco (which literally fast food tacos are the majority of my safe dinners lately) and I puked it up immediately. 😭😭😭 im so sad, I just want to be normal again!! 
  • Options
    @mrsc918 I had a meltdown two nights in a row. And finally on the third day I told him why I was so upset. He was like really I would never run off on you 😂 The saddest part of everything is DH finds me so attractive right now? I just feel bloated and miserable but you know....
    Do you take vitamin B6? My office recommends taking 25 mg 4 times a day. It doesn’t help a lot but I think it helps some?? If I eat late I just take my doses together most nights. My mom was pressuring me to get started on the registry. I was like most days I can’t stand for long without feeling sick.... 
  • Options
    @kagesstarshroom - Sending good vibes for your appointment today!

@silverhope - I'm sorry you've been in pain from exercising! :(

@bygodsgrace20 - I don't have much advice other than I bought DH this book, "We're Pregnant! The First Time Dad's Pregnancy Handbook". He reads it ahead a week, and I guess prepares him for what to possibly expect, and the advice/facts are not coming from me.

@mrsc918 - I worry I'll be sick the whole pregnancy too. The last two afternoons after work, I have to lay down because the nausea is so heavy every time I stand. I hope we are getting to the end of this! 

----------------------------------------------------

EDD/W+D
    : 3/19? 12w6d or 13w 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: We are finding out. I wanted team green, but DH is team blue. Now I just want to know ASAP, but we are not going to do NIPT testing at this time, so it's just waiting.

Baby is the size of a(n): Matchbox car

Upcoming appts: 9/12/19 - NT appointment, 9/24 OB appointment, 9/27 MFM consult appointment

How are you feeling?: Waiting to get over nausea/sickness. 

Rants/Raves: Rant: My OB office staff is irritating me. I feel like I've been getting the run around and some lack of communication, and I am not in the mood for it. I spoke to someone yesterday who listened, and hopefully it's over, and everything will run smoothly. The midwives/np/etc. have been fine, it's just the other staff.

Rave: We were on vacation last night, no flight delays/weather issues at all. It was beautiful, relaxing, and went by so quickly. 

Questions

GTKY: Would you rather be a billionaire, never look a day over 25, perpetually fit despite eating whatever you want, or the smartest person on the planet? And why?: Right now? Billionaire. I would love to be able to pay off homes for us and our family, travel, and liveeee. 
    BFP: 7/8/19
    EDD: 3/19/20

• Options
    I’m just in case anyone was as curious as me!!! We found out Team PINK!!!! So overwhelmed with happiness! My little girl is gonna be spoiled rotten! And I can already tell she’s gonna be a daddy’s girl!
  • Options
    Congratulations @bygodsgrace20
    BFP: 7/8/19
    EDD: 3/19/20

• Options
    Hi all! I was originally in group 4, but after my NT scan today they changed my EDD to 3/23.

EDD/W+D: 3/23, 12+2

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: PINK!

Baby is the size of a(n): French Macaron

Upcoming appts: I had my NT scan today and baby girl is healthy as can be. Feeling great relief! 

How are you feeling?: I'm starting to feel more like myself again. The whole month of August was filled with overwhelming nausea, but now I dry heave a bit in the AM and feel a tad queasy in the PM. It's definitely more manageable!

Rants/Raves: We found out yesterday via NIPT blood work and confirmed today at the NT scan that we're team PINK! I have one DS so I'm so excited to welcome a baby girl in the spring. 

Questions

GTKY: Would you rather be a billionaire, never look a day over 25, perpetually fit despite eating whatever you want, or the smartest person on the planet? And why?: Billionaire because I feel like I could help a lot of people that need it! 
    Me: 37 | H: 44
    **TW**
    TTC #1: May 2015
    IF DX January 2016- Me: Right sided hydrosalpinx 
    Right tube removed: February 2016
    Acupuncture + TCM: March 2016
    BFP: July 4, 2016 | DS: March 2017 (39w 2d)
    TTC #2: April 2019
    BFP #2: April 2019 | CP: April 30, 2019 (4w 2d)
    BFP #3: July 15, 2019
    EDD: March 23, 2020

• Options
    @bygodsgrace20 Regarding sex drive, I had way more of a sex drive while pregnant with DS. This time it's virtually zero and I'm team pink. I blame the hormones. Hopefully, it gets better in the second tri! 
    Me: 37 | H: 44
    **TW**
    TTC #1: May 2015
    IF DX January 2016- Me: Right sided hydrosalpinx 
    Right tube removed: February 2016
    Acupuncture + TCM: March 2016
    BFP: July 4, 2016 | DS: March 2017 (39w 2d)
    TTC #2: April 2019
    BFP #2: April 2019 | CP: April 30, 2019 (4w 2d)
    BFP #3: July 15, 2019
    EDD: March 23, 2020

• Options
    Late to this party. It’s been an absolutely ridiculous week. 

EDD/W+D: 3/20 12+5

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): plum

Upcoming appts: going for an ultrasound tomorrow! 

How are you feeling?: mostly good! Hungry af. Tired. And I’ve been waking up at 4:00 am and unable to go back to sleep. 

Rants/Raves: Work is just so crazy busy. But I told some of my coworkers and bosses today about my pregnancy and everyone was very supportive.

Questions: none atm

GTKY: Would you rather be a billionaire, never look a day over 25, perpetually fit despite eating whatever you want, or the smartest person on the planet? And why?: fit, I guess? I feel like being a billionaire would be stressful. But I love eating and I’m not terribly fit so that would be nice.
  • Options
    @bygodsgrace20 yeah I’m taking B6. I try to take it 3x a day but a lot of days I forget during the day. But I always have one dose at night along with a unisom. And YAY congrats on baby girl!! So fun!!!

@lusineg unfortunately my OB said she sees it often last until 16 weeks 😭😭😭 I caaaan’t.

@puppylove8910 welcome to group 3! And yay for baby girl! One boy and one girl is what I hope for! FTM here. Tho healthy babies is all that’s important and all I can truly hope for. What’s meant to be will be! 

@kantobean omg I’ve been waking up at like 4-5 the past few nights too. Super annoying. Sometimes I fall back asleep n have a quick dream and then wake up again and then might have another quick dream. Really strange 

• Options
    EDD/W+D: 3/18/ 13 weeks today 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: blue (I can’t believe it!)

Baby is the size of a(n): lemon

Upcoming appts: last week of September 

How are you feeling?: My main symptom is exhaustion and random dizzy spells. At this point I’m nausea free and so far haven’t vomited once!    

Rants/Raves: Rant- constipation. Rave: I’m so excited to be having a boy. DH has all sisters and we really thought we would have all girls. DD is a handful, she’s smart and adorable but she is an independent girl full of energy. I’m so happy that we get to experience both worlds. DH (and everyone else) will find out this weekend when we do the reveal. I can’t wait to see his reaction. Also I found out via my mychart app and I know that isn’t what a lot of people want but it was perfect for me. I’m pretty sure I’ve read the results like 10 times bc I’m just so shocked to be having a healthy boy 💙

Questions: On that note how accurate are NIPT results? We used Progenity. I’m ready to purge all the girl clothes in my basement (pretty sure I will cry about some of DDs little outfits that we won’t use again, ugh hormones) 

GTKY: Would you rather be a billionaire, never look a day over 25, perpetually fit despite eating whatever you want, or the smartest person on the planet? And why?: Billionaire for sure. I know I’m a person who has to watch everything I eat and I’ve accepted that. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @mrsc918 I think that there is too much focus on sex, and I would just rather people be happy for us that we have a happy, rainbow baby. I guess by not telling sooner, we create a sense of mystery around when the baby is born, which then that will be people's notice--but gender is a social construction, and the sex isn't what I want people to focus on.

@bygodsgrace20 AFM re: sex: This is my first, too. MH has been so kind about my total lack of wanting to "do it", but we have had a frank conversation about it that has helped. Like, I miss having sex with him, and I told him that as soon as I feel well enough to do so, I will let him know--and he respects that. I hope I feel well soon since I miss it too! We don't know the baby's sex yet, but he keeps joking that it had better be a girl since I feel so sick. ("Joking" bc he would prefer a girl but we are just thrilled we made it this far--all we want is a healthy babe.)

• Options
    EDD/W+D: March 19 / 13 wks

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: PINK

Baby is the size of a(n): Peapod

Upcoming appts: Oct 7th?

How are you feeling?: Completely queasy - STILL! This morning I thought for sure I was going to spew.

Rants/Raves: Last weekend my 2 yr old car broke down in the Costco parking lot. We took it to the nearest dealership. After diagnosing and confirming warranty, I was told I had to take it to my original dealership because they are the ones who have the contract. So now, 3 days are wasted and I have to pay the first dealership. I will eventually be reimbursed, but still? I've never heard of a warranty following the dealership and not the car. SO LAME! Oh, and they can't seem to duplicate the first dealership's diagnose. My husband and I are talking about selling the car because we are on the outs with Honda and this car has been giving transmission issues for over a year. Completely done with them!

Questions: Anybody super gassy? haha

GTKY: Would you rather be a billionaire, never look a day over 25, perpetually fit despite eating whatever you want, or the smartest person on the planet? And why?:Let's see... wealth, vanity, or intellectualism? Probably being the smartest person. I like research and facts. Everything is so interesting. 
    1999 - Starting dating (in High School!)
    2005 - Got hitched
    2009 - Trying to grow our family...
    2017 - BFP!! Baby Declan born December 2017
    2019 - BFP!! Baby Girl EDD March 2020 
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: March 20 / 13 wks

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: blue

Baby is the size EDD/W+D: March 19 / 13 wks

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: PINK

Baby is the size of a(n): Peapod

Upcoming appts: Oct 7th?

How are you feeling?: Completely queasy - STILL! This morning I thought for sure I was going to spew.

Rants/Raves: Im too big for my clothes but not showing enough for maternity clothes.  So annoying!

Questions: feeling better makes me nervous.  Anyone else experience that?

GTKY: Would you rather be a billionaire, never look a day over 25, perpetually fit despite eating whatever you want, or the smartest person on the planet? And why?  I’d go billionaire.  I’d be able to afford what I wanted when I wanted and travel the world but not be so smart that I let that responsibility stress me out!  
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: 3/18, 13w4d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out on 10/27! My MIL is throwing us a gender reveal party.

Baby is the size of a(n): Lemon

Upcoming appts: October 6- 16 week check up, October 21- anatomy scan

How are you feeling?: Pretty good for the most part. The fatigue is lifting but is being replaced by uncomfortable tailbone pain that makes it hard to sit or stand for long periods of time. 

Rants/Raves: I just got the Snoogle pregnancy pillow yesterday. I didn’t think I’d need/ use it yet but the back support feels great. Love it already! Still no noticeable bump but I’m starting to notice a change in the way my tummy feels when giving myself my Lovenox shot—- it’s harder to grab a pinch of skin when I rotate to the top. 
    So excited to start the 2nd trimester on Wednesday! We were pretty traditional about waiting to tell people so this week we will be announcing to work, extended family and friends etc. I’m a little nervous though.

Questions: Nothing I can think of, ATM

GTKY: Would you rather be a billionaire, never look a day over 25, perpetually fit despite eating whatever you want, or the smartest person on the planet? And why?: Perpetually fit for sure! When you’re fit, you feel good, have energy and can accomplish more. In my opinion nothing is more important than your health. And being able to eat whatever you want is just a nice little perk! 
  • Options
    @faithoverfear716 I’m giving myself Lovenox shots as well! How are they going for you? Have you had to take them before? You’re a rock star! I’ve read some scary things like scheduled c-sections and no breastfeeding, but I haven’t asked my specialist yet. Do you know about any of that?
  • Options
    It’s going pretty good—- I’ve just accepted it as a part of the process at this point. My stomach is always some degree of bruised. This is my first experience with Lovenox. How are your shots going? I haven’t heard anything about scheduled CSections or it’s impact on breastfeeding so I’ll need to look into that. I have read that a lot of practitioners will induce you around 39 weeks so they can control the timing and delivery. I asked my doc about it and thankfully she is open to letting me go naturally. I just have to switch to heparin at 36 weeks (clears out of your system faster if you happen to go into labor).
  • Options
    @faithoverfear716 yes I read about the heparin switch as well! I’m hoping that means I can go naturally too! I gave myself the shots for about 3 months several years back after suffering a PE blood clot... now I’m doing twice a day and totally feel you on the bruising. I won’t be taking any of those cute belly pics unless I want them speckled with black and blue 🙈 my latest find is that if I place an ice pack on the injection site for a few minutes after the shot I only get a pin-point bruise. Best of luck!!