May 2020 Moms

September Symptoms

Re: September Symptoms

• shanana_3 said:
    @yodamama omg the saliva with my HG is unreal. I actually have to carry around a spit cup which is disgusting. The drool in my sleep is like waking up in a swamp. Then I have to explain that yes I’m pregnant no I’m not dipping while I walk around with my cup🙄 It even has a name Ptyalism, the girl who was taking my blood draws when I was preggo with my DD told me that lol 
    I am the opposite. I feel parched. I typically drink about a gallon of water a day but dang. 

Also, I know we don’t “know” each other but I’d hope people wouldn’t really think you’re dipping while pregnant. You seem a better caliber than that. 
  • I’ve been nauseous all day today and actually got sick. My body feels like a giant bruise too @bananapanda ! I’m sore everywhere and I think it’s muscle fatigue.. all the nutrients are being sucked right out of every part of our body and going to baby. NOTHING sounds good to eat and if I make something that seems tolerable, it’s sorely disappointing. Which really stinks because I love food. Haha
  • Loading the player...
  • Man, getting up to take DD1 to the bus stop this morning was exhausting. I’m about to pass that job off to DH so I can get a touch more sleep. 
  • @bbluemoo last pregnancy I made sure to have crackers or something on my nightstand and would have to eat a few before I even got out of bed so I wouldn't feel as sick.  I'm not quite to that point with this pregnancy, but I do usually need something shortly after getting up.

@C25 I'm sorry you're feeling like a big bruise too, but glad to know I'm not the only one! It seems a little better today than the last few days so hopefully it's a short term thing!
  • Feeling crampy today. It’s kind of freaking me out. Hopefully it’s just normal? Waiting for another 3 weeks for the first appt is tough!
  • @adventuresawait1 The cramping is normal. With DD when I didn't realize I was pregnant and I kept taking advil thinking AF was starting. Even with that I still am anxious about it! It's ok though!!
  • I was so sick with my first the entire time I was pregnant starting at 4 weeks and ending at delivery. I’ve had a few hard days so far but nothing like last time at all, which is amazing!! But Ohmygod the exhaustion is so so so bad. I’m having such a hard time keeping up with my house and my toddler and my business. I feel like I’m dying. Also 1.5 cups of coffee is SO NOT ENOUGH.
  • @adventureawaits1 I’m crampy too. I always get nervous when I’m crampy in the beginning, but have to keep reminding myself that it’s normal. 
  • Add another vote for crampy. They come and go. 
  • Thank you all for chiming in on the cramps! Makes me feel a lot better (mentally anyway)!
  • I’m in the crampy camp. I’m three days late and three days in to the cramps. I had this with DS2 as well but it still freaks me out a little. I’m also super nauseous and have almost gotten sick already a couple times.  :/ And I’ve been weird about food for a couple of days so that’s pretty standard for me in the first tri. 
  • 6 weeks w/ baby #3
    Very strong symptoms this time!

Nausea- almost constant for the past week or so.
    Exhausted like I have the flu. 
    Boobs are huge and hard and hurt like hell.
    Moody, emotional, frequent crying spells..
    Bloated. 
    I can smell everything.  

• Everything smells overwhelming. 
    I have a terrible headache today. 
    I can't stop craving Moe's. I could seriously eat there every day at this point. I'm a vegetarian, and I just want a veggie bowl like every day. And chips and chipotle ranch. 

• Ugh I have a dreaded pregnancy cold. Miserable.

Also, my boobs are not sore at all. Anyone else? It kind of freaks me out. I'm still nursing my DS once-twice a day and I'm wondering if that has something to do with it?
  • I'm about 5 weeks.

I'm in the camp of not really any symptoms. I have no nausea and my sense of smell is the same. Also no cramping. If I think about it though, I do occasionally have sore boobs, but not always. I do seem a little more hungry and thirsty as well.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Nausea kicked in this morning.  Luckily it came after my 5:30am walk, but still no fun.  Also, MH got a reaming afterwards for not making sure the underside of the toilet seat was completely clean.  If I have to be sick in the toilet, the least you can do is make sure it's sparkling clean.  Hmph.  :angry:  He redeemed himself by making me lunch, but I caught a whiff of it as he was making it and it made me gag a little bit.  It's chicken, and last time I couldn't be remotely near chicken, so I'm hoping that doesn't kick in too.  
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• @shamrocandroll YAYYY nausea arrived! Sorry but also congrats.  :D
  • edited September 2019
    No sore boobs here. I didn’t have them with DD either.

I do have intermittent nausea and increased loose BMs. I have IBS so pooping has never been a regular thing for me. Now I’m at 1-2 times a day. Even though another symptom I’m having is increased IBS. 

I have had occasional cramping as well, but not too much. (I inwardly freak out every time it does happen.)
  • My overall body soreness has eased up. I'm having intermittent cramping, but nothing too severe.  I'm having some round ligament pain too when I cough or move too quickly a certain way.  Also having more frequent loose BMs.  
  • @rachelg777 my boobs don’t hurt either. I wouldn’t freak out. 

@shamrocandroll I completely understand the “I just want to feel nauseated so I know I’m pregnant” followed by, “ugh, I did not want to get sick.” Last time peanut butter crackers on my nightstand and in my diaper bag and on the kitchen counter were basically a lifesaver. Salty with protein so it staved off the getting sick part of the first trimester. 
  • My boobs aren’t sore either @rachelg777  they weren’t with my first pregnancy either.

I was making eggs for breakfast this morning and I could have sworn the eggs smelt rotten. I had DH smell/taste and it was just me. Random but weird. 
  • @newmomtx06 @mdfarmchick Thank you, that makes me feel better!
  • For part of my job, I have to spend hours in a car with my coworker measuring and checking properties in the county. Coworker brought a chicken salad sandwich for lunch with a blue gatorade. I could smell all of it. blech.
  • Add regular potato chips to the list of things I won't be eating for a while. I had a PB&J sandwich for lunch with some potato chips on the side. They tasted like rotting dirt to me, so I switched to regular corn chips and those were better.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• I can’t do crackers. The dry texture makes me gag. I bought some ready made croissants in the bakery section and they seem to be the perfect mixture of bland/carb for snacking on after waking up. 
  • @rox7777 Oooh, croissants sound like a delicious wake-up snack!  Way more appealing than Saltines, haha! 

@yodamama I normally love kale chips, but we made some the other night and they tasted really awful to me.  MH said they tasted exactly the same as they always do.  I'll be sad if I can't eat them because it's one of the few super healthy foods I genuinely love!  

@TattoosandLace🤢
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• All my toddler wanted for lunch was beans and the word almost sent me to the bathroom. So we compromised and I got him a Happy Meal at McDonald’s. 
  • ruby696ruby696 member
    edited September 2019
    Is anyone else having RLP when they cough?? I have to tense my body up or it's so painful in my ute and ovaries. Ugh.

ETA: spelling
  • @mdfarmchick I ate so many chicken nugget happy meals during my first tri with DD. It was the only thing that sounded good. I was convinced it was a perfect meal. I had no kids at the time. DD still plays with the full minion collection I got.
  • edited September 2019
    I have never had cankles with any previous pregnancy. Not even in late third tri. 
    Yet here we are. 
  • @ruby696 I am getting it when I sneeze. Ouch.
  • @ruby696 every time I sneeze/cough/stand too quickly

guys. So nauseated. I just want to go to bed.
  • +1 for crampy. I smell all the smells. And hubby thinks I’m crazy but I couldn’t eat our lasagna the other night b/c the pasta part tasted like bleach or chlorine to me. No nausea so far🤞 
  • Everything smells so intensely. I definitely have had a lot of food aversion after like 1 or 2 bites of things. I'm not sure if I would call it nausea yet though. 
    I walked into the cafeteria today though, and it was just too many smells.
  • Noticed on my Fitbit my resting heart rate is climbing. I wouldn't think to look for that but I Googled it and it's to be expected! Looking back, it really started rising 10 dpo (2 days before my bfp). 
  • ruby696ruby696 member
    edited September 2019
    @jrouge12 My RHR low this cycle was 56. I've been hanging out at 73 for the last four days. I guess I know why walking is making me winded. Which is not at all embarrassing. 😒

Eta: words
  • @ruby696 Ooo! Yours is a bigger jump than mine. For the year I've worn a fitbit that tracks RH my average has been 70, but it's just climbed since the 10 dpo. And yesterday it was 79. The graph is so pretty to look at. I haven't been winded yet. Legit pregnancy symptoms before you look pregnant are the worst. Everyone just looks at you weird. I yelled at a student about a banana yesterday. The whole class started at me like I was crazy...