Married Sept. 2013
DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
BFP!  8/24/19
DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

Re: September Symptoms

• So far I've experienced:
    -Heightened sense of smell. This was my first noticeable symptom. I feel like a mutant because I can smell stuff so intensely, and from far away.
    -Sore, heavy boobs (I told my husband to not even look at them the other day)
    -Insomnia. Can only nap for maybe 30-45 minutes, and only sleep for 2-3 hours at a time at night. I'm chalking this up to anxiety rather than pregnancy though.
    -Nausea kicked in today. Not necessarily morning sickness, but overall queasiness. Trader Joe's ginger chews are my new best friend.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• Ok, so this is going to sound weird. With DD, my husband had super smell early on and mine sucked. Well the day before I got my positive, we were heading out with DD and he came into the car from the gas station and said it smelt like shit. I could not smell anything. Turned out she did shit and I am pregnant. :D

Other than that I don't really have any symptoms yet. Just the lack of AF symptoms and a faintly positive test. It does make me slightly nervous. But I think symptoms didn't really start until closer to 5 or 6 weeks for me last time.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Loading the player...
  • Yes about the smells!! I also have fatigue, disrupted sleep, peeing more than usual, and moodiness. Slight waves of nausea started today. I was nauseas 24/7 with my last two pregnancies. 
  • I also want to add that taking a prenatal probiotic helped my nausea a ton. 
  • @sadiesgirlsplus1 - ohh I'll have to check that out. I had already been taking prebiotics/probiotics and a separate PNV prior to getting KU, so I'd love to have something that includes all or both.

• @yodamama Pink Stork makes a good one! I take their pre/probiotic, liquid PNV, and DHA. I found it on Amazon. 
  • so far

I have had cramping that will sometimes wake me up....is this normal?

Slight nausea and trouble sleeping ......

my sister laughs and tells me "its only the beginning"...... what's next?

• Forgot to add Pink Stork also makes a combo  :)
  • I started peeing so much about 7-8 DPO that I thought something was wrong (like diabetes or a UTI).  Other than that I honestly just felt crampy and like I had normal PMS until about 15 DPO.  I don't know if it's all in my head, but since 15 DPO (the day I ended up testing and getting a BFP), I can't keep down coffee.  I definitely feel an increased sense of smell.  TMI symptoms include visible dark veins on my breasts (which I think is odd considering my tan skin color) and constipation.   
  • @lizm1234 yes the peeing! Why does that start so early? 

Im tired, but I’m always tired lol
  • +1 for the peeing.  I'm peeing at least 2x at night already.  And I've already gone 3x at work in the last hour and a half!  
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Ugh peeing. WHY did I wear a jumpsuit today  :p? It's such a hassle to unzip and take down every 5 minutes when I need to pee lol.
  • @shamrocandroll LOL I completely relate.
  • So...sorry if this is TMI but is anyone else experiencing frequent loose BM’s?? I’m 6 weeks today and I’m going 2-3x per day. I’ve always been a 1x per day person...besides fatigue and bloating it’s my only “symptom” 😝
  • @sadiesgirlsplus1 I've been the opposite.  Constipation city over here.  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @shamrocandroll same. I've switched to going every other day, instead of around 8 or 9am like clockwork. I did have loose bowels the morning I got my BFP (before I tested) but I think it was lactose intolerance.

• @yodamama Bah-hahaha 8-9am is my usual schedule too.  I hate when I have meetings in that time slot because it messes up my schedule.  The antivirals I was on for shingles made my stomach pretty unhappy, but I'm off those now and back to being constipated.  At least they were good for a good clean out, I guess?  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @yodamama and @shamrocandroll I was constipated at first. This just started happening about 4 days ago. Hopefully it isn’t a bad sign! 
  • I still have a metallic taste in my mouth, very slight nausea in the mornings before I eat, and also on the peeing too often train lol
  • lizm1234lizm1234 member
    edited September 2019
    @yodamama and @shamrocandroll I was constipated at first. This just started happening about 4 days ago. Hopefully it isn’t a bad sign! 
    *TMI* I've mostly had slight constipation.  At the beginning of week 5, I had 1 day where I had loose BMs (I think once or twice that day).  Then I went back to being slightly constipated.  I don't think the constipation is supposed to last forever, if that helps.  

This is my first pregnancy, but my research shows that symptoms can vary and ease up.  I started peeing like crazy on CD 26 (seriously tons of pee every hour).  It has never been as bad as day 26-27 and the urgency seems to be gradually easing up.  I still pee more than before pregnancy, but it's nothing like what I experienced days 26-27.  Since a lot of the early symptoms seem to be caused by your body reacting to new hormone levels, it stands to reason eventually your body will adjust.  Wishing you all the best :smile:

• @lizm1234 I was constipated my last pregnancy from about 28 weeks all the way to about 24 months postpartum.  :(  During pregnancy I was taking 3 Colace a day and drinking 1 soda every few days to make me go. Miralax did nothing.

I've had some serious gut bacteria imbalance going on that I didn't figure out until recently.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @lizm1234 thank you for that! I called my doctor and she ordered bloodwork to check HCG. I’ll find out tomorrow!

• So tired and bloated. I was falling asleep on the couch at 8:30 last night. I'm also wide awake around 4:30 every morning, which is just a thing for me when I'm pregnant. My boobs hurt pretty bad a few days ago, but now they hardly hurt at all. Normally this would freak me out, but I'm on progesterone since doing IVF and the dose hasn't changed, so maybe my body's just getting used it it? IDK. 🤷‍♀️
  • Boobs hurt so bad they feel like engorged milk boobs. Occasional nausea and vomiting but with my first that was constant so I will happily take this. The exhaustion is insane though. I’m so tired ALL the time.
  • @TattoosandLace I feel you. I am so exhausted. I also think I’m getting the same meat aversion I had with DD. We made chicken for lunch and even the smell made me sick. 
  • Also heightened sense of smell, nausea, and peeing a lot- but holy crap I have INTENSE back pain.

Tomorrow is 6 weeks and I’m in so much back pain I can hardly walk. Had to check in with my doctor for the first time, and I was embarrassed to talk to her before ever actually meeting her but she calmed the few worries I was having. I’ve had bulging and herniated discs before from college athletics/the aftermath from that. Normally it flares up once a year or so and I take muscle relaxer, steroid and pain medicine and it’s better in a few days so I’m really dreading to see what happens without taking all of that. Normally it’s from me lifting something heavy and this was just gradual so I’m really hoping this isn’t a side effect and it will go away in a week..
  • I feel like I have all the symptoms, just mild versions. Little nauseous, boobs a little sore and heavy, peeing a little more, little tired, a lot bloated and burpey LoL. Nothing too terrible........yet. 
  • I feel super bloated, which was the first sign for me. I also have the occasional sore boobs and some nausea every day, and I’m ready for bed at 8:30 every night. And I’m peeing a lot more often as well.
  • @yodamama pregnancy is so gross. Drooling and congestion are always my first two symptoms and it’s such an interesting mix. My nose is dry as hell and I can barely breathe, but I’m washing pillow cases everyday because I’m drooling all night. 🙄
  • Since Friday my entire body just hurts like one big bruise. Wearing a bra is uncomfortable, sitting on the floor hurts my butt, and when my toddler climbs on me I feel like I’m dying. I didn’t have anything like this last pregnancy. Has anyone had or heard of this? I feel like the pain would be more tolerable as long as I knew it was just another pregnancy symptom. 
  • @bananapanda I think one of the worst things about pregnancy us that all these weird things are normal. Are you wearing a maternity bra yet? I’m already up two cup sizes and they’re spilling everywhere. It’s better though when they’re in a stretchy bra vs a regular one.
  • All you constipated ladies, get a tub of Red Vines. I ate about 4 a day last time I was pregnant and it helped. Took about half an hour from eating to needing the bathroom but it made the constipation a little more enjoyable. 
  • @yodamama omg the saliva with my HG is unreal. I actually have to carry around a spit cup which is disgusting. The drool in my sleep is like waking up in a swamp. Then I have to explain that yes I’m pregnant no I’m not dipping while I walk around with my cup🙄 It even has a name Ptyalism, the girl who was taking my blood draws when I was preggo with my DD told me that lol 
  • @Linsbins - good to know about the Red Vines. I love those! Also, do you have any recommendations for a maternity bra? I'm just about outgrown the regular ones that I literally just bought in May, lol. 

• yodamama said:
    @Linsbins - good to know about the Red Vines. I love those! Also, do you have any recommendations for a maternity bra? I'm just about outgrown the regular ones that I literally just bought in May, lol. 
    I went to target and tried all of them on. I don’t remember which one but the part underneath is mesh. It’s a rust color. I know I’m super helpful LOL. I have a playtex one on the way from kohl’s. My target one is just ok. With DD I liked my bra from Motherhood. I ran in the store and basically cried to the lady and she sold me their bestselling one. 
  • So. Freaking. Exhausted.

I had my first bout of nausea today too. We stayed at my in-laws last night and it hit me hard while we waited for them to be ready for brunch. Once I ate it got better. So I need to start making sure I’m having something to eat shortly after waking up.