January 2020 Moms
Options

PGAL Check-in w/o 8/13

This thread is a safe place for those who are pregnant after a loss. (PGAL). If you have suffered a loss please feel free to answer the questions below and keep things going throughout the week as a continuing conversation.  

If you haven’t suffered a loss, please refrain from answering the questions, but know we welcome anyone who wants to come in and support the PGAL ladies and their milestones with encouragement or love tits! Thank you!  

1. How many weeks are you? 

2. Previous loss(es)? 

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? 

4. Any appointment updates? 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? 

6. Any milestones coming up?

7. GTKY: What show(s) are you watching on Netflix right now? 

Re: PGAL Check-in w/o 8/13

• Options
    1. How many weeks are you? 17 weeks 

2. Previous loss(es)? 6 losses. 12/13, 1/17, 11/17, 4/18, 9/18, 2/19

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Emotionally I think I’m ready for
    today. I’m hoping we get some answers and a good next step forward. Physically I’ve noticed some shortness of breath when laying down and I’m exhausted. 

4. Any appointment updates? Geneticist today, midwife on Thursday, mfm scan on Friday.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Nothing excited going on. Ready to go back to bed. 

6. Any milestones coming up? Every day. 

7. GTKY: What show(s) are you watching on Netflix right now? The Let Down. Waiting for Mindhunter Season 2 and The Crown to come
    back. 
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 hoping for some clarity, answers & reassurance for you today! I'll be thinking of you! xxx
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 hope you have a great appointment! Thinking of you today ❤
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 hoping for the best today!  

1. How many weeks are you? 16 + 4 

2. Previous loss(es)? 12/18 and 4/19 

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Emotionally better but wish I could feel movement for that extra reassurance. Sinuses are still annoying. Talking to the OB about them today though!

4. Any appointment updates? OB follow up today. Hoping for some relief for my ears/sinuses and that I don't have an infection. It's been a month of constant battle so I'm not hopeful anything will work anymore. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Going on vacation again starting tomorrow. It's making getting work done extremely difficult but I really do need to get some things done lol!

6. Any milestones coming up? This is the furthest I have ever been!

7. GTKY: What show(s) are you watching on Netflix right now? Great British Bake Off. We have seen it before but it is fun to watch any time and we are excited for the new season to come out.  I tried to watch stranger things but almost puked during it so I have to hold off a bit longer there. 
  • Options
    @kbrown2385....thinking of you today! 

1. How many weeks are you? 16w3d

2. Previous loss(es)? 1/19

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Emotionally, I'm doing a lot better. I figured out most of my anxiety is related to my job, and that's caused me to be able to compartmentalize it a little. For the first time, I'm feeling what they call "quickening" or flutters. I didn't feel them with DD or DS. It's like someone is tickling the inside of my tummy. It's been a huge relief. Physically, I'm tired. I'm hot. I'm miserable. My nose is stuffy. My back hurts. My hips hurt. I have RLP if I move too fast. I'm peeing ALL THE TIME. But, I'm also more than a little content to experience it. 

4. Any appointment updates? Sigh..feels like forever until my next one. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? I detest my job so much, I just applied for a new one. In a city 90 miles away. What was I thinking? I can't really even do the job right now because it requires lifting and bending, etc. I blame pregnancy. My tolerance for BS is dead. And this job is BS. 

6. Any milestones coming up? PGAL milestones, no....but pregnancy milestones, YES! We're all approaching the half way point!

7. GTKY: What show(s) are you watching on Netflix right now? Roswell, NM. I'm almost done with it, then IDK what I'm going to watch. I've been watching the Taiwanese version of Skip Beat! on the other TV. So, maybe I'll see what Asian dramas Netflix has that I haven't seen. Otherwise it'll be back to Viki, and their selection is just so so. Maybe I'll finish up Memories of Alhambra. Or watch the Taiwanese Boys Over Flowers. I like the format of 16-20 episodes most Asian dramas have. You don't really have enough time to get bored with the show before it wraps up and ends.
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you? 20w

2. Previous loss(es)? 9/18 & 3/19

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? doing well, hunger levels are up which means I'm finally gaining some weight slowly. Hip pain is up but I had chiro last night and I booked a massage for Friday!

4. Any appointment updates? my midwife appointment that was meant for Monday was pushed back to tomorrow

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Happy to have reached the 20 week mark! I feel like this is when the actual count down begins :p 

6. Any milestones coming up? nope, I guess the next countdown is to reach viability

7. GTKY: What show(s) are you watching on Netflix right now? nothing now, somehow I don't have time in the summer for any TV at all, but I am definitively eagerly awaiting the fall to binge series and the new season of The Crown 

@FyreFlyeRush exciting that you are feeling some movements!
  • Options
    @c1kc1kpol1cn1k 20 weeks! That’s a huge milestone and so exciting. 
    @biolprof I’m with you on craving reassurance with baby movements. I feel some but not regularly. 
    @kbrown2385 I’m sorry you still have so many questions after this appointment. You’ve been so strong through this. 

1. How many weeks are you? 18w

2. Previous loss(es)? DD’s twin 2/17

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? I had a meltdown this week. It was ugly. I am freaked out that I’m not feeling more movements since this is baby #2 and I’m worried about the upcoming scan, so I had a crying fit and yelled at my husband about it, which he totally didn’t deserve. Physically, it’s more of the same: sciatic pain, heartburn, and RLP. 

4. Any appointment updates? 8/26 A/S

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? I think part of my anxiety is the fact that we’re traveling internationally soon after the anatomy scan, so PGAL brain is thinking of all the bad things that could happen either at the scan or on the trip. I wish I could be more happy and cherish this time. 

6. Any milestones coming up? Just hoping for good news at A/S. 

7. GTKY: What show(s) are you watching on Netflix right now? Great British Bake Off (waiting for new season) and Parks & Rec re-runs for the millionth time. 
  • Options
    @EmilyE13 the new season of GBBO starts here on tuesday 27th! Not sure if you will get it straight away after though?
  • Options
    Hold the phone. How did I not know there’s a new season of Great British Bake Off coming out??? @leprechaunlady i looked it up and it looks like it should be coming out the 27th here too! I can’t wait! 

@biolprof enjoy your vacation and hopefully some sinus relief! Are you going anywhere fun?

@FyreFlyeRush so exciting you’re feeling some movement! I can’t believe we are getting tontgst half way point!

@c1kc1kpol1cn1k so exciting to reach 20 weeks! Hope you have a great appt today!

@EmilyE13 I hope you’re able to settle a little to enjoy your trip. I don’t think we ever get away from PGAL brain, no matter how far we get. There’s always something to trigger it. Big hugs to you ❤️.
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 - thinking of you this week! 

1. How many weeks are you?  17w 1d

2. Previous loss(es)? Between my first two girls

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically?  I definitely have more energy and less nausea than the first tri, but I get exhausted so easily still.  Summer has been busy and crazy (sorry I have missed the last few weeks) which isn't helping.  I am looking forward to school starting in a few weeks, though always nervous about how that will go.   

4. Any appointment updates? I am going to call and see if I can change my a/s.  It's at the worst possible time right now.   I don't want to wait longer, but it's stressing me out so we'll see if they have any better openings.   

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? I still can't feel baby move.  Things are wild around here, so it's not like I can focus a lot, but I really wish I could feel it.  I think I must have an anterior placenta, between still not feeling anything, and the midwife not being able to find heartbeat at my last appt (we did see baby on ultrasound, thank goodness).  I have an at home doppler, but I am too nervous to try it and freak myself out.   

In amazing news we just met up with my brother and his family.   I told them in person about my pregnancy, and it turns out they are due exactly a month after me! They have a six year old and have been trying for years to have a second, but have had miscarriages and couldn't get pregnant.  They still weren't far enough along to be confident, but they got back home this week and had an appt yesterday and again saw a wiggly baby 💕  I am so happy for them and so thrilled we are having these final babies together.   And I was so terrified they would miscarry again and then my baby would be a constant reminder.  They do the blood test today, but every good u/s is a big step! 

6. Any milestones coming up? Nope

7. GTKY: What show(s) are you watching on Netflix right now? H and I are watching the new season of Wynonna Earp, which is ridiculous but fun.  
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Options
    @MollySm thats so great about your brother. It's really tough when you have friend/family who struggle with this. Having been in the same situation but not for as long I can imagine how conflicting it can be to be happy for someone while mourning what you don't have. So it's so exciting to hear they also have a special package and that they are far enough to be much safer!!! Congrats!