1st Trimester

April 2020 Waiting Room

2»

Re: April 2020 Waiting Room

• @littleredm thanks... today was the worst. I know it’s going to get worse, and I’m thankful because I’ve never been like this, so I know it’s a good sign. But ugh. 🤢
  • @ejoseph16 I’ve had some bad nausea today too. Peppermint tea and the Preggie Pops ginger candies help. Lots of ginger ale and saltines over here. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Loading the player...
  • *lurking from Feb BMB

@ejoseph16 Sorry about the nausea! I had it pretty much as soon as I turned a test. Honestly the only saving grace for me was the Sparkling Mama drink mixes on Amazon and the Unsiom and B6 at night. Hope you’re able to find some relief!
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Thanks, @brookert615 and @mercury94 ! I will look those things up. In the meantime, I’m trying to not get out of bed. Lol
  • @JenAndKeithRegistry welcome! We are due date buddies! I’m also anxious, feeling too good to be true as I just went through a MC in April. Are you getting bloodwork done? I just called my doctor to get it set up to monitor my levels. She said they’ll do a 6-7 week ultrasound on me as well. 
  • Why does everything in my office smell terrible? Seriously, how do women hide pregnancy when so many things trigger the nausea?

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Thank you! Wow, we *do* have a lot in common—we had a MC in April, too.  How are you feeling now? Have the pregnancy kicked in symptoms yet? I’m falling asleep early on the sofa, and I can smell ALL THE THINGS, but that’s all so far.

I have no idea when my first appointment will be, because I just found out yesterday. But around here, you have to fight tooth and nail to be seen before 8 weeks. I absolutely hate it.
    TW: MORE DRAMA THAN LIFETIME TELEVISION!

3 miscarriages.
    2 chemical pregnancies.
    1 infant loss.

8/2016: We lost our first baby to CHARGE Syndrome and HLHS when he was 3 weeks old. 
    1/2018: Our healthy son was born. :)
    4/13/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • @themamalion I’ve been nauseous for a week! I am a ranch dressing lover (like really... it’s borderline unhealthy), and last Monday I couldn’t stomach it. I’m nauseous every time I eat. I had Burger King for lunch and ate 2 French fries and a half of my chicken sandwich, then I had to stop. No actual vomiting yet, but bad nausea! And super sleepy. Super super sleepy. 😴
    FX you can see the doctor sooner... peace of mind is always best. 
  • @themamalion It seems all too common that the OB won’t see you until you hit 8 weeks, but they will sometimes make an exception for your history of losses. I hope you can get in sooner for the peace of mind. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @themamalion Congratulations on the positive test! I'm so sorry to hear about your previous losses though. I hope that the doctor agrees to see you sooner than the 8 week mark so that you can rest easy and enjoy the pregnancy. <3
  • @ejoseph16 Nausea already?! I’ve heard that’s a good sign that everything is healthy, but WOW, that’s early! I hope it doesn’t last too long. It must be weird to suddenly not like your favorite food. If I develop an aversion to coffee or barbecue sauce, it’s going to be a huge problem.

It would be nice to be seen before 8 weeks, but I don’t really have the energy to fight for it. Honestly, I’m kind of ok with it because I developed a fear of doctor’s offices after everything that happened with our first baby. I’m ok now, 99% of the time, but doctors offices bring it all back.
    TW: MORE DRAMA THAN LIFETIME TELEVISION!

3 miscarriages.
    2 chemical pregnancies.
    1 infant loss.

8/2016: We lost our first baby to CHARGE Syndrome and HLHS when he was 3 weeks old. 
    1/2018: Our healthy son was born. :)
    4/13/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • @themamalion yeah... last Monday was rough with food aversions. Coffee, bananas, ranch dressing... all of my favorite things! That was my first sign. MH was shocked that we got a BFP... I looked at him and I was like “yeah... I’ve known since Monday...” lol I didn’t have any nausea last time, so I’m keeping myself cautiously optimistic. But my AL brain is still there. 
  • Just calculated my EDD - its 4/12/2020 :) 
    I'm 4 weeks 1 day and no symptoms as of now, except for major bloat (must be the progesterone suppositories). Cant wait to stop those eventually. My first ultrasound is scheduled at 7 weeks (so 3 weeks from now), and it kinda feels weird that there's nothing going on between now and then.
    I feel the same as @ejoseph16 and @themamalion , I dont want anything to jinx this, as we've been trying for 3 years now. 
  • @sanpelligrino The bloat is real here too. I swear, I look like I did at 12 weeks with DS. A few days before my BFP, I had a few co-workers ask what I was doing to lose weight and tell me how skinny I looked. Literally the day after the BFP, my stomach was starting to look rounded. It is so weird. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • sanpelligrinosanpelligrino member
    edited August 2019
    wow @mercury94 I couldn't agree more about the bloat...except i have no prior reference or experience since I'm a FTM. None of my jeans fit :( the struggle is real. When do you plan on announcing it at work? 
  • @mercury94 @sanpelligrino I bloated real bad last time. Not so bad yet this time, knock on wood! 
  • Quick question - how many blood draws do you ladies have to do before your first ultrasound? I have done two so far - the first beta HCG and then 2 days later to ensure it's doubling fine. The next check is going to be the 7 week ultrasound.
    When i was a lurker, i remember a lot of posts where women mentioned their HCG levels through the course of 2 weeks or so. Is it weird i had just the two? they also did check my progesterone during the 2nd blood draw.
  • @sanpelligrino I told my direct supervisor last week because she asked me to go to a meeting that might conflict with my first ultrasound and wanted to let her know I’d have a bunch of doctor’s appointments coming up. I am not having any blood draws before my ultrasound. It is mostly common if you are seeing an RE or if you have a history of losses.

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @sanpelligrino I am waiting for my blood draw to be ordered, but I called today. My doctor isn’t in on mondays. So I’ll know hopefully tomorrow. But, I will have an ultrasound at 6-7 weeks and blood draws since I have a history of losses. 
  • mandarenee898mandarenee898 member
    edited August 2019
    Just found out today that we are due April 11!  Very excited and anxious as we have been dealing with infertility since 2013. We had two embryos fail with IVF in May 2017. **TW - We were overjoyed in Jan 2018 when a FET was a success, but sadly my sweet daughter was stillborn at 40W + 1D September 2018. - end TW** DH and I decided to do 1 more round IVF.  We got the call today that the first beta HCG test is positive!  Go back on Wed 8/7 for confirmation. DH and I also have an 8 year old boxer named Oliver. 
  • @sanpelligrino yay we are due date twins! I also am bloating so much! I've been wearing leggings because my jeans have felt so uncomfortable the past few days. I go in for my second beta on Wednesday but I'm not sure if they will want to do more after that.

@mandarenee898 I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I can't imagine how difficult that must have been. I hope that everything goes well for you these next 9 months and you will get to take home your rainbow baby. <3 I have a dog named Oliver too! He's the black and tan pup in my avatar photo!
  • Yes, but I’ve been sleeping like I’m hibernating! It’s hard with my 3 year old. She says wake up mommy! Lol
  • @robleselizabeth I fell asleep on the couch the other day while DH was in the shower. Woke up to DS (almost 2) shaking my arm. He does not approve of mom taking naps. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @sanpelligrino 2 draws is pretty normal for making sure your HCG levels are rising properly. When I found out I was pregnant with my daughter, I had a phone appointment, then the 2 draws, then the first ultrasound around 7-8 weeks. This time my doctor didn't even bother with the blood draws, so I won't have official confirmation until my first appointment on 8/23.
  • Ah thanks ladies ! Makes sense now :) 
  • I’m 10DPO today and turned a FRER and generic brand digital positive today! EDD is 4/23/20. My head is still spinning.
  • @amber2718 Come join us in the April board. It’s under Birth Month Clubs. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Hey all! if it's alright I'd like to check in. According to LMP due date is 26th of April. :) Got an early scan booked for Saturday 
  • Hi! Am I in the right place? I'm not sure yet if I'm actually due in April or May. I got my BFP today and will be visiting the doctor on Tuesday. My LMP was 7/16 but I think I ovulated WAY late so really could go either way at the moment. Should I post there too? Sorry I'm such a newb! I appreciate any help and patience haha. I'm excited though!
  • @lisush hey! We are already established in birth month groups... come join us! You are 10 days behind me, so you would be April, still. 👍🏼