April 2020 Moms

August Appointments

I’ve noticed people are starting to have appointments. Here’s a place to talk about them. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
Baby number 2 due 4/11/20

Re: August Appointments

• No OB appt yet for me, but had a regular family doctor appointment in Friday to check my BP(I've been on meds since last pregnancy). While I was there, I had them run a pregnancy test to make me feel better.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We have another thread for ultrasound as well right, so we do use this one for all OB/general appointments
  • Loading the player...
  • @sanpelligrino I think in most groups, the ultrasound thread is just for posting ultrasound photos with minimal additional text. This thread would then be used to go into more detail about your appointment. What the doctor said, what concerns you have, etc. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • I had an appointment with my family doctor yesterday. He didnt do much, just gave me a referral for some blood work and an ultrasound. He wants me to schedule the ultrasound for week 8, so next week! I had an MC in April. That time my first US was at 6+5 and there was no heartbeat. At the time they said it could be too early, but it turns out it just wasnt viable. He said by having it later this time, I'll be able to confirm if this one has a heartbeat or not. Im really nervous. My doctor told me to just treat this pregnancy as a blank slate and not dwell on my previous experience but its hard.
  • @chalmers1993 I know, it is so hard to be patient and also not be nervous. I keep trying to tell myself that worrying won’t change anything but it’s so much easier said than done. I have a second blood test tomorrow just to check on hormones, make sure hcg levels are rising appropriately and also nervous about that but trying to stay positive! 
  • chalmers1993chalmers1993 member
    edited August 2019
     I'm doing the same thing! Had some preliminary blood work done yesterday and I have to go back tomorrow. 
  • Hey guys... My hcg levels were around 9300 on Monday. I got them checked again after 48 hours and theyd only risen to 12200. My doctor told me it should double in that time. I dont know if I'm looking at a miscarriage. My first pregnancy ended in a loss but I never had my hcg checked. Im terrified.
  • @chalmers1993 I have no experience to share, but I just want to offer a hug and tell you that I’m sorry you’re going through this and I’m hoping you get better news soon. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @chalmers1993 hoping everything is okay!! Don’t count it out yet, I’ve read different things about hcg levels so hopefully all is still good! Thinking of you! 
  • With my first the HCG levels didn’t quite double and the doc scared the bejesus out of me. We went in for an early ultrasound at 7.5 weeks and found a perfect little bean with a strong heartbeat. (I’ll never forget those 3 days of waiting for the ultrasound appt— I’ve never prayed so much in my life!) Anyway, baby was fine and their explanation was numbers can’t double indefinitely— they need to slow down and even out eventually. Baby #1 is now 15mo and we’re expecting #2 (and I’m not reading into the numbers as much now). 

Hope all is well with you and baby!
  • My first appointment isn't until I'm 11 weeks. It seems so late, but it was the earliest offered to me when I called.

With both of my older kids I went in around 7-8 weeks. It's so strange that it's so different now.
  • I had my confirmation of pregnancy appt last week but I go for my first ultrasound on 8/29. Feels like forever from now and every day that I am still pregnant feels like a milestone after a rough last year.  currently 6w2d !
  • I have a beta tomorrow at the RE. It was going to be for this or CD3 testing, so hopefully my HCG is nice and high and my progesterone suppositories are doing their thing! Gonna see if they will do my first appointment because the OB has a very limited schedule for pregnancy appointments and I can’t miss school during the first few weeks.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • I have my 7 week ultrasound to check for a heartbeat next Tuesday... it can’t come soon enough! I have my prenatal appointment with the nurse on the 30th. So my OB office gets to see my face twice in a week! Lol
  • Ultrasound tomorrow.  6 wks and 4 days.  I’m praying for a HB to be clear and strong on the screen!  Wish I could just go to sleep now and skip work tomorrow. 
  • I had my first appointment today! Baby is measuring at 6w4d. HB @ 125. I thought I would be 8 weeks based off my LMP. New due date is April 10th. Any mommas had similar experiences to mine? Baby measuring 9 weeks behind?
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @mercury94 thats so great! congrats!
  • @mercury94 yay! That’s great news! 
  • @mercury94 we share a due date! 😀
  • babybisonbabybison member
    edited August 2019
    Went for my first US today. Based on LMP I'm 6+3, but I'm definitely earlier. There was a yolk sac, but no embryo yet so I have to go back again next week. 😒 Not bad news, but I was really hoping to see/hear a heartbeat. But the tech wasn't concerned at all so that's comforting.
  • @babybison that's great that the tech wasnt concerned. 6+3 from LMP is still quite early. 
  • Hi ladies, hoping you can keep your fingers crossed for me. Went for my ultrasound a day early yesterday because I have been experiencing some very light spotting since Friday evening and have been worrying all weekend. The tech was not very friendly at all, barely told me anything except that it was really early and I don’t think she could see much at all and didn’t let my husband even come in the room. I have a doctor appt this morning with my regular doctor to review the ultrasound so I am praying my dates are just off. I was under the impression I was 7W+1 yesterday but now am hoping I ovulated late. Spotting has lightened up this morning but I don’t want to get ahead of myself and the whole ultrasound experience really ruined my day yesterday. Praying things go better today and that this isn’t the start of a loss ☹️. Sorry to be a downer this morning but I needed to share with someone. 
  • @kalee9 Sorry your tech was such a grump! They really can make the experience awful or great depending on their attitude. My tech last pregnancy was pretty aggressive with the US wand and it always hurt, but the new one was nicer. Fingers crossed everything is good and it's just a little earlier than you thought! And here's to hoping your tech was having a bad day and isn't normally like that.
  • Had my ultrasound this morning and blood work. We saw our baby and the the flickering of the heartbeat. The doctor told us they don’t listen to the heartbeat just look for the flickering which we had. 

This was last week - 5 weeks 2 days sac and yolk sac seen.

These two pics above were from this morning. I am 6 weeks and 2 days. Measured 6 weeks 0 days. I asked the doctor if I should be concerned about that and she said not at all. Saw flickering of the heart beating! 

I go back next week for another ultrasound and blood work. Then I’ll gave another ultrasound at 8 weeks before graduating to my OB, 
  • @kalee9 I’m sorry your tech was so awful. It seems like you should at least be a somewhat empathetic person in that job. Hope you just O’d late and everything is okay. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Thanks @babybison and @mercury94, really appreciate the support. Glad to hear your news was good @italianmommy8

My doctor appointment today was better but the prognosis is still not very good. Apparently the U/S tech saw a baby measuring 6 weeks but no heart beat yet (About a week behind my timing as I thought I was 7W/1) but they also saw something else called a chorionic bump near where the placenta is/supposed to be? From googling it is basically very rare and can mean a greater chance of MC. My doctor had me do another blood test so she can see if my numbers are still good and will let me know tomorrow and then I have to repeat the ultrasound next week. Either my first one was too early or the pregnancy isn’t viable. I have been having a back ache/mild cramps all day and my spotting is still there so to be honest I am not that optimistic but at least will have a read on things tomorrow with the blood test results. It’s so hard focusing at work when I’m a ball of worries. Hopefully I can get some answers (maybe good ones) soon. Thanks again. 
  • @kalee9 My due date moved about 8 days later at my appointment, so my ultrasound was at 6+5 instead of 7+6. My doctor said I O’d late and shouldn’t worry about it. But, they did find a heart beat. 6 weeks is early, though. Hope your dates were just wrong and you see the heart beat soon. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @kalee9 I’m sorry about the stressful appointments. I’ll cross my fingers and think sticky thoughts for you.