August Appointments — The Bump
April 2020 Moms

August Appointments

I’ve noticed people are starting to have appointments. Here’s a place to talk about them. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 33 DH 33 TTC since Jan 2019 PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
mandarenee898sanpelligrino

Re: August Appointments

• No OB appt yet for me, but had a regular family doctor appointment in Friday to check my BP(I've been on meds since last pregnancy). While I was there, I had them run a pregnancy test to make me feel better.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    sanpelligrino
  • We have another thread for ultrasound as well right, so we do use this one for all OB/general appointments
    34 y/old FTM (EDD 4/2020)
    History of endo - lap done in 2019 and BFP after 5 medicated IUIs
  • Loading the player...
  • @sanpelligrino I think in most groups, the ultrasound thread is just for posting ultrasound photos with minimal additional text. This thread would then be used to go into more detail about your appointment. What the doctor said, what concerns you have, etc. 

DS1 born September 2017
    sanpelligrino
  • I had an appointment with my family doctor yesterday. He didnt do much, just gave me a referral for some blood work and an ultrasound. He wants me to schedule the ultrasound for week 8, so next week! I had an MC in April. That time my first US was at 6+5 and there was no heartbeat. At the time they said it could be too early, but it turns out it just wasnt viable. He said by having it later this time, I'll be able to confirm if this one has a heartbeat or not. Im really nervous. My doctor told me to just treat this pregnancy as a blank slate and not dwell on my previous experience but its hard.
    sanpelligrinomercury94
  • kalee9kalee9
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    @chalmers1993 I know, it is so hard to be patient and also not be nervous. I keep trying to tell myself that worrying won’t change anything but it’s so much easier said than done. I have a second blood test tomorrow just to check on hormones, make sure hcg levels are rising appropriately and also nervous about that but trying to stay positive! 
    mercury94
  • chalmers1993chalmers1993
    5 Love Its First Comment Photogenic
    edited August 14
     I'm doing the same thing! Had some preliminary blood work done yesterday and I have to go back tomorrow. 
  • Hey guys... My hcg levels were around 9300 on Monday. I got them checked again after 48 hours and theyd only risen to 12200. My doctor told me it should double in that time. I dont know if I'm looking at a miscarriage. My first pregnancy ended in a loss but I never had my hcg checked. Im terrified.
  • @chalmers1993 I have no experience to share, but I just want to offer a hug and tell you that I’m sorry you’re going through this and I’m hoping you get better news soon. 

DS1 born September 2017
    latebloomer7
  • kalee9kalee9
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    @chalmers1993 hoping everything is okay!! Don’t count it out yet, I’ve read different things about hcg levels so hopefully all is still good! Thinking of you! 
    latebloomer7
  • With my first the HCG levels didn’t quite double and the doc scared the bejesus out of me. We went in for an early ultrasound at 7.5 weeks and found a perfect little bean with a strong heartbeat. (I’ll never forget those 3 days of waiting for the ultrasound appt— I’ve never prayed so much in my life!) Anyway, baby was fine and their explanation was numbers can’t double indefinitely— they need to slow down and even out eventually. Baby #1 is now 15mo and we’re expecting #2 (and I’m not reading into the numbers as much now). 

Hope all is well with you and baby!
    latebloomer7