Weekly Group 2 Check-in (3/9 - 3/16) w/o 8/12

EDD/W+D: 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming appts: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What's the most recent book you read & loved?

Re: Weekly Group 2 Check-in (3/9 - 3/16) w/o 8/12

• Loading the player...
  • @lemonlove86 Glad you're feeling better! I'm also a JM fan! I've seen him 6 times, but the last time was more than 10 years ago, so I'd love to see him again! Also, Becoming has been sitting on my nightstand since Christmas  :# Hopefully one day I'll get to it!

@varimama Yay for pool fun! Personally, I don't plan on getting the doppler, because I know it'll make me neurotic.

@keeksie84 That's so exciting that DD is walking!

Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • @keeksie84 yay for your DD walking! DS was a bit later too. Like he could take 1-2 steps but then would plop down or grab on until 15ish months. Dr said anything before 18 months totally normal though so that’s great she’s taken off! What Doppler do you have? 

@MrsVP614 man I hope your FIL is able to go to the rehab soon. Poor you and your DH. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• I think I am supposed to be in this group ;) Hi!
    DD/W+D: 3/14 9w3d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: not going to find out this time!!

Baby is the size of a(n): cherry

Upcoming appts: my next appt is the 23. My 30th birthday!!

How are you feeling?: garbage. I have such bad pelvic girdle pain it puts me into tears. I’d rather go through child birth than deal with this pain. 

Rants/Raves: rants see above. Raves my 13 month old son is walking too! We have a new daycare which we love but morning drop offs are so tough!!!

Questions: Anyone else getting a birth photographer? I just booked mine. There goes all my money. 

GTKY: What's the most recent book you read & loved? I just got but haven’t read Natural Hospital childbirth and Ina Mays Guide to childbirth. Can’t wait to have some free time. What is that though. 
  • @zehcnasella First, I am so sorry about the pelvic pain! I can't believe it's this bad this early. I sure hope it gets better. Also, I LOVE that you booked your birth photographer already! I don't think I'll book one, but I love them. Awesome. I also want to read that book! 
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• @EmilyLove25 literally making weekly installments haha. But I am also a photographer and that’s the one thing about my first birth I regret not having. More than just phone pics. Which I love. But want to have nice ones. And the woman I booked is absolutely amazing. I’m so excited!! 
  • EDD/W+D: 3/10, 10+2

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: We have officially decided to find out in two weeks with our NIPT.

Baby is the size of a(n): Olive

Upcoming appts: 8/27 NIPT and NT scan

How are you feeling?: slightly better, but I slept horribly last night. I have been able to stomach a bit of coffee the last two days so that's been nice for my energy. 

Rants/Raves: Rant: **TW*** my 16 mo old had a seizure on Friday. She is totally fine- they ruled out all the scary stuff with a scan, but it was absolutely terrifying. Basically they said it super common and not concerning. 

Questions: None

GTKY: What's the most recent book you read & loved? I loved Educated. I grew up in Idaho with lots of LDS friends (and I lived in SLC for a year), so it was interesting to read something about a culture and area I can sort of identify with.
  • @jenEP I’m lurking on other weeks from group 3, but I’m so glad your daughter is okay! That must have been petrifying. 
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• EDD/W+D:  3/13/20 9w4d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): tater tot

Upcoming appts: August 27th

How are you feeling?: Fine across the board. Its eerie in a way but I've only ever had fatigue, thankfully saw baby and heart beat at 7w4d

Rants/Raves: I have noticed an increased amount of people on the main street in my town not using the turn lane when turning left, instead stopping in the actual lane and waiting to turn. Absolutely drives me insane.

Questions: is anyone else symptom free? Or were you with other pregnancies? It's hard for me to feel connected to this nugget when I dont "feel" pregnant

GTKY: What's the most recent book you read & loved? I am a HUGE book nerd, even have a bookstagram for reviews (though with the fatigue I've neglected the page)! I will say my two most favorite books this year have been The Great Alone and Bear Town
  • @Malidocious just have to say that I love how you're participating everywhere until you have a "home"  :) GL at today's appointment!

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• @stassischroeder Lol thanks!  I'm trying not to be irritating by posting everywhere, but I also don't know where I belong yet, so to speak!  Soon though!  :) 
  • Whomp. I’m at the nearest clinic (over an hour drive one-way), and I’ve been sitting here for over an hour waiting on results! When I called my OB this morning she said I really needed to be seen before it got worse. So. Here I am. Inside. On the last sunny day of vacation. Yay. I’m going to get myself some kind of treat on the way home. 
  • @miss.sally ugh, that sucks! I hope you can get out of there soon, and I agree that you need to grab a treat on your way home!

*Formerly LuND*
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• @stassischroeder Thanks :) I've been feeling a lot better the last couple of days so maybe I'll risk the travel. Being miserable with my husband is probably better than being miserable at home without him. 

@lemonlove86 Thanks for the tips! I will definitely put them into practice if I go. 

@EmilyLove25 They're a Japanese metal band named Dir en grey.

@Malidocious Thanks :) It went well. All the luck to you this afternoon!
  • @jenEP Was it a febrile seizure?  My DD had one of those a few months ago and it scared the sh*t out of us!  I wasn't there when it happened and I'm secretly grateful to have missed that trauma.  I hear that about 50% of kiddos have more than one, so I'm scared it will happen again.  So glad to hear your is OK.  

@EmilyLove25 We can tear our hair out together as we wait!  

@babyfox320 I'm also almost symptom free, other than exhaustion.  The negative part of me keeps telling myself that I'm just lazy (I'm a teacher on summer break), but rationally I know I'm tired from growing a tiny human while chasing a small human.  I'm way less moody and my boobs don't hurt like my first pregnancy, but I'm trying not to let myself worry about it.

• @EmilyLove25 My U/S was transvaginal yesterday (10w) and last time my first one was as well (8w) I think it's just more accurate and they were checking my ovaries and whatnot. I don't expect "wanda" to be present at the rest of them. 
    @miss.sally I'm sorry you're dealing with this on vacay, and I hope you feel better soon!
    @Malidocious I like "Expecting Better" so far. I crave evidence, but it's not presented in a confusing/boring way, which is nice.

I updated in the U/S and appointments thread :)
    Also, IL update, my FIL was finally able to move to a rehab facility last night, one week behind schedule. It happens to be on our street, so MIL will be able  willing to drive herself, which will be a big weight off of DH's shoulders. They're saying he'll be there for 7-10 days, so my internal goal is to have them go back home after DS's birthday party next weekend. *crosses fingers*

Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • @EmilyLove25 my first one was transvaginal this time and with DS. I also had a low placenta last time so they had to do transvaginal again at like 32 weeks to make sure it moved up. (It’s early but if anyone is told they have one they are more common than you think and move up like 98% of the time). I remember hearing it at 20
    weeks and thinking I was doomed to a c-section but my doctor was like no you’ll most likely be fine and he told me more about it! 
    EDD 11/24/23

• @MrsVP614 fx your ILs get to go home next weekend! I seriously don’t know how you’ve handled it this long! 
    EDD 11/24/23

• edited August 2019
    Hi everyone! Let me preface this with saying I'm sorry I've been MIA for the past 2 weeks. It has been a couple of intense weeks at work and I just haven't had the energy on top of that to keep up with the board. I'll do some catching up, lovetitting, commenting etc. Been missing you all tho!

EDD/W+D: March 10; 10w+2d 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): Strawberry! 

Upcoming appts: First tri screening and 12 week appt on Aug. 27

How are you feeling?: I am *really* hoping that this week is my peak for nausea, cuz it's been worse this week than previously. Other than that, I'm feeling less bloated and generally more physically comfortable in my clothes for the moment, so that's been nice.  

Rants/Raves: We've finally told a bit more of our family about the pregnancy, that has been fun and exciting! I just finished this huge project at work earlier this week, so I'm in the "recovery" phase now where I'm actually able to read all the emails I've had to ignore and catch up on life in general that I've missed over the past couple weeks. 

Questions: None right now.

GTKY: What's the most recent book you read & loved? I've really been slacking on my reading list this year. The last book I absolutely LOVED was the Broken Earth series by N.K. Jemisin. I also loved Gabrielle Union's memoir. 

-----
    @MrsVP614 hang in there with the in-laws, it sounds like you're doing a great job with a tough situation. Have a great time at the state fair! 
    @jenEP omg that is so scary! I'm glad docs said everything is ok. 
    @babyfox320 ohhhh that turn lane thing would drive me nuts!!! 
    @EmilyLove25 my very first one in the ER was TVS; my first one at the OB was abdominal but then I had to get a TVS the same day to double-confirm the singleton.
    @miss.sally ugh, sorry about the UTI that is never fun, especially interfering with your vacation! :(
  • @MrsVP614 I was stalking last night watching for your update after your appointment! I forget about your crazy work schedule LOL. Anywho, so glad the appointment went well, and FX the ILs are out of your hair after next weekend!

@sunflower_auryn so sorry you've been feeling so nauseous  :/   Glad you're done with your big work project, though!

*Formerly LuND*
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• @Malidocious YAY you're staying in group 2!

*Formerly LuND*
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• MalidociousMalidocious member
    edited August 2019
    @miss.sally Awe man, I'm sorry you're having to deal with all that on your last day of vacation!  What a freaking bummer!  You should definitely treat yo'self.

@MrsVP614 You are a much stronger woman than I am to put up with and house your in-laws for so long!  I would be so irritated and needing my own personal space so badly by this point. 

@stassischroeder :):) I am very excited about that!!  I always knew I belonged here!