Options

Weekly Randoms - 8/5 - 8/11

2»

Re: Weekly Randoms - 8/5 - 8/11

• Options
    @sunshinegarden you are the Buddha
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @sunshinegarden at least he tried to clean up after himself? :) Also better outside than in! 

My DD is about the same age - they are really tough. We have been potty training since April and still have weekly poop accidents, it's just ugh. We went to the beach last week and my 3 yo nephew peed on my 5 yo nephew...so then there is that! :) 
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• Options
    We were on vacation with my family this week. We were supposed to stay until Saturday but DD’s sleep has gone to shit. She doesn’t sleep well away from home but we try anyway. She has gotten up 30 mins earlier each day until last night she was basically up at 4am. So we are going home and I’m sad. (Home is an hour away)
  • Options
    @jvk2012 I’m so sorry you had to cut your vacation a little short! I can completely understand. My 2 year old doesn’t sleep very well outside of home either. And then there is always an adjustment period for a week or so when we get back. Hopefully your little one will go right back to sleeping well tonight. 

Speaking of sleeping, I’m enjoying my last few weeks of stomach sleeping before this bump gets too big. With my first, it wasn’t until I stopped breastfeeding that was able to go back onto my belly comfortably. 
  • Options
    @ibabyloveb87 have so much fun! we haven't had a BMB meetup this year so far but had one last year in D.C. and it was really cool!

@jvk2012 I'm sorry your LO doesn't sleep well away from home. I am terrified of having a poor sleeper this time around. Where did you go for your family vaca?
    Married Jan 2008 

• Options
    Our plane got cancelled yesterday so we’re trying again today. It was kind of nice to spend the night in a hotel though - peace and quiet and a big comfy bed  :)
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Options
    I gave up my gym membership a couple months ago because the child center fees went up to $20 per child and I couldn’t rationalize it.  Unfortunately, I have struggled with running and jogging with the kids in my bumbleride.  It’s the best stroller ever, but it’s not for jogging for sure.  I have gone back and forth between the Thule and BOB Revolution Flex 3.0 and finally went with the BOB today.  I really hope it makes walking/jogging/running easier.  The reviews rank it above the Thule, so hopefully it’s a good choice.  
  • Options
    @jvk2012 I’m sorry, that sucks. My youngest - who is my rockstar sleeper at home - is awful whenever we’re on vacation. Kid wants his own bed. We’re always exhausted at the end of a trip! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @DDRRT1982 I'd love to hear your review of the BOB after you've used it a few times! I'm still thinking of getting a double jogger even though my older son will be almost 4 because PP stroller jogging was my only exercise for months last time. It'd be nice to be able to call my jogging time a "break" for DH even though technically it's also a break for me. How old are your kids? Also curious about toddlers riding alongside babies and the weight distribution.
  • Options
    I’ll let you know!  When I was running with the bumbleride I had a one and two year old.  Maybe 50+ pounds and it was a beating.  The double wheels didn’t help.  The suspension is suppose to be better in the BOB and it’s suppose to be easier to push weight, so we’ll see.  I won’t be able to run with baby until he’s older, so I’ll probably take the same two postpartum since they are clingers, lol.  
  • Options
    @DDRRT1982 Tell me about the bumbleride! It’s one of the ones we are looking at. I don’t jog at all since I broke my spine so no need for something that jogs well. 
  • Options
    @kiwis2628 it’s an awesome stroller, you can maneuver it with one hand, and all the fabric comes off easily to wash.  I love it.  The reason I got it was because the fabric doesn’t use flame retardants on the fabric and I believe the use recycled parts on for the frame.  It’s was an environmental purchase (second hand) and hopefully reduce exposures for my kids.  However, I can’t run with it, despite trying, and my heart health is important too, so I need to get a jogging stroller. I recommend the bumbleride for anyone that needs something that easily maneuvers and easy clean up.  It’s a great stroller.  I will continue using it when I am not running or working out.  
  • Options
    I got an awesome used "Babby Jogger" for $50 off facebook marketplace. They are discontinued now but use bicycle sized wheels and are super easy to run with. You don't even need to push them unless you are going uphill. I haven't thought about getting a double. We will see when this baby can sit up so next summer. Hopefully Bells can use her balance bike by then. I'd love to hear how the Bob is. My cousin has the double one and it looks like it wouldn't be fun to go on the town with because it is so wide but maybe it is maneuverable? 
    Married Jan 2008 

• Options
    We have a single and double bob. They’re amazing. 
  • Options
    @leksiL, we went to the Cape for vacation.