December 2019 Moms
Options

Anatomy Scan Discussion

Re: Anatomy Scan Discussion

• Options
    I'm having mine today - 18w4d. It seems a little early, but it was their idea, not mine. 
    DD#1 - 12/09  
    DD#2 - 7/13  
    Baby #3 due 1/19, m/c 6/18  
    DD#3 due 12/19!

• Options
    janiep81 said:
    I'm having mine today - 18w4d. It seems a little early, but it was their idea, not mine. 
    Had the scan. The tech couldn’t get a good shot of the outflow tracks around the heart. My doc said not to worry and that it’s common. I have to have another scan at my next visit to see if we can see them.
    DD#1 - 12/09  
    DD#2 - 7/13  
    Baby #3 due 1/19, m/c 6/18  
    DD#3 due 12/19!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ashorkey - have you had your scan? I was supposed to have mine Friday but they just rescheduled since their policy changed from 18-22 wks to 19-22wks. I was really looking forward to seeing the little bean and it's a nightmare getting scheduled for an ultrasound so I am super bummed. 
  • Options
    @jandawg that stinks that you have to wait!  But, on the plus side, they will probably be able to see everything a bit more clearly as you hit 20 weeks or beyond. I just had mine yesterday at a few days shy of 21 weeks.  My doctor advised waiting until 20 weeks because she said the heart can be better visualized by that time. 
  • Options
    @mrszoobear  I'm sure you're relieved since you've been feeling so badly, that baby is super healthy! And now you get to go see her again! haha
  • Options
    @ktmaesim - Thanks girl! It really was a relief 😁
  • Options
    cnd29cnd29 member
    So apparently the doc at the MFM office had a family emergency so I got rescheduled. Was supposed to go in tomorrow but they pushed it back to Tuesday. 

@ale9687 did yours get moved?  I have to go to the LB office in Tuesday instead of down here tomorrow... 
  • Options
    @cnd29 I had mine yesterday at Lakewood. I think the dr I saw was the only one there though so maybe that’s why they put you in at LB. 
  • Options
    @holly321 I always wonder why they make you come back weeks later, so they really think the baby won’t move in a day or two? Just something I think about whenever I see posts where people go back 2 weeks later. 
  • Options
    Just had our AS. From what they could tell everything looks great! We got some scary news that I have placenta previa, but we go back at 28 weeks to see if it moved. Hoping and praying it does!! Have any experienced moms had placenta previa and went on to have a healthy delivery (birth or c-section) and baby? I’m nervous because I have health anxiety but trying to focus on everything else looking great!
  • Options
    @lemonpoppy I have placenta previa and after talking to my midwife (who’s been practicing for 25 years) she’s never had a mom whose placenta has not moved out of the way. She said she had one wit a close call, but it moved at 36 weeks when she went in for one last u/s before scheduling her c/s
  • Options
    @ashorkey thank you for telling me that!! Makes me feel a lot better. Wishing you the best!
  • Options
    @ale9687 They are having me come back in a few weeks when it is time to have my next checkup to save me from having to keep coming in. 
  • Options
    @lemonpoppy I had placenta previa with DS1. Didn’t budge for weeks and weeks. We schedule a c-section for 37 weeks. Placenta moved between 35-36 weeks (c-section was cancelled then). Don’t worry about it too much at this stage. IME they will monitor. I was on pelvic rest for awhile. We had a plan, straight to the hospital at any sign of labor, discussed which hospitals, etc. Then we waited. Ended up not an issue. Most resolve. 
    Me: 39  DH: 30
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:
    BFP #1 2/26/17, MMC 5/2/17
    BFP #2 10/10/17, MC 11/4/17
    BFP #3 12/17/17 Birth 8/13/18
    BFP #4 4/21/19 Birth 12/5/2019

• Options
    @Stac928 thank you for letting me know! I’m starting to feel a lot better about my chances of it moving. I’m on pelvic rest now too but all of that is fine as long as baby is healthy :)
  • Options
    @ale9687 I think the rescheduling is more to do with when the next appointments available. I know that my hospital books up real quick in the ultrasound department.
  • Options
    McKBabyMcKBaby member
    edited August 2019
    Has anyone with older children brought them to the a/s? I’m debating bringing mine (7 & 5), but my one hesitation is what will happen if we get some not so great news. :/

DS - 7.5
    DD #1 - 6
    ~ mmc 7.11.2018 @ 9w ~
    DD#2 - born 12.24.19

• Options
    @McKBaby my hospital doesn't allow children in the room during the anatomy scan. It specifically says it in the instructions when I made the radiology appt so I would double check their policies. 
  • Options
    @Spartanrd4 The Antenatal Testing Unit at my hospital allows children to be present if there is another adult there to supervise. My husband will there, so that part is not an issue.

DS - 7.5
    DD #1 - 6
    ~ mmc 7.11.2018 @ 9w ~
    DD#2 - born 12.24.19

• Options
    @mckbaby I have seen a lot of women bring their older children to AS at my obgyn’s office.  I didn’t, but my kids are not patient and have HFA, so I don’t think they personally could handle it (ds thinks ultrasounds look gross too, lol) I do think it is a seeet sentiment though. 
  • Options
    Mine was today.  Honestly for the majority of it I couldn't tell what I was looking at lol. I didn't get any "results ". The tech said they'd follow up with my midwife,  and that she'd contact me with more info.  
  • Options
    @McKBaby we brought our daughter (almost 4) with us. We made sure to bring a couple of activities with us to distract her when needed. She started to get a little antsy at the end but I also had to move around a bit to try to get the baby to flip so it took a bit longer than expected. 
  • Options
    We had ours a couple of days ago at 21+6. This little guy was moving around the entire time while they tried getting the shots they needed. Rascal ♡. He had an erection, so yep, definitely having a boyyyy.
  • Options
    @McKBaby I brought my husband and daughter, 8, and she did great.  I was a bit nervous, but everything went really well.  Plus, she’s been to every other appointment so far, so she’s been really in the loop on everything.  If you’re nervous, I think you can probably ask them to bring family in midway through to make sure everything looks good for the most part.  👍
  • Options
    Had our a/s today and got everything but one heart view, so going back in a few weeks.  Everything looks great, and he is most definitely a baby boy.
  • Options
    @bookworm492 JEALOUS. My doc said because baby boy was measuring small, they're keeping the official at December 14, but to not be surprised if it's December 19--they're only keeping it at the 14th because the two dates are less than a week apart. But yeah, I've most likely earned the opposite...an extra few days of being pregnant. >_<
  • Options
    @bookworm982 ultrasounds around 8 weeks are most accurate for dating purposes- most babies grow at the same rate in the beginning until genetics takes over and growth rates start to change from baby to baby. But like post above due dates don't change unless you are a week or more off- you just have a bigger than average baby! ☺️