February 2020 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms (7/22-7/28)

Re: Weekly Randoms (7/22-7/28)

• Options
    Ever since I figured out that the baby will now kick back if I poke it, I have been poking my belly a lot. I know it is too early to feel the baby moving, but I am just so excited at the prospect. This poor kid! 🤦‍♀️
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @brookert615 I am so with you on that one. 
  • Options
    I just had to announce my pregnancy to 2 of my most gossipy employees (I'll be 9 weeks tomorrow, planned to wait until 12).  We're having issues with our x-ray machine & we had to callibrate it by taking multiple images.  I had to ask them to handle it since obviously I can't....whatever, I'm sure they'll spread the news fast so it'll spare me from making the awkward announcement to everyone.  Oh well.

Me: 39 DH: 36
    Married: Sept 2018
    DS: December 2016
    #2 EDD Feb 2020

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    DDRRT1982DDRRT1982 member
    edited July 2019
    @Pgh_Kel are you in radiology?  I don’t know if you know anything about fluoro, but the other day I had to transport to IR and when we were transferring to the table the lights went out like it does when they are doing the procedure.  They even joked that we were getting zapped.  I believe someone accidentally pushed the floor button, but don’t know enough to be sure.  I told them to stop because I am pregnant and they acted like it was just the lights.  I don’t know if they were just covering or if that’s the truth.  Do you know if the lights can go out independently of the fluoro being used?  Was I zapped for real with no lead?  The lights going out in that instance looked exactly like how it does when the MD does the procedure.
  • Options
    @DDRRT1982 not a radiology expert but when I worked as a surgical vet tech our lights never randomly did that. I would talk with your ob about the possibility. 
  • Options
    @sassypants ya, I was going to.  I mentioned it to my boss, but was trying to figure out if I had enough info to justify further questioning.  I think I am going to.  There’s nothing I can do about it now, but I would like to know if I really was exposed unnecessarily.
  • Options
    Pgh_KelPgh_Kel member
    edited July 2019
    @DDRRT1982 I am not in radiology so I don't have much input other than my instinct, which would be to mention it to my OB.  I think it's more of a concern if you're directly in the beam of the x-ray and unprotected, but the scatter radiation is still not something you want to be exposed to on a regular basis.  Not sure if they were actually activating the machine or not, but it's worth asking if it's something to worry about.

I'm a manager of a veterinary hospital, I know the guidelines of my staff using protective equipment for our specific machine and usage procedures, etc....but that's the extent of it.  I'm not familiar with the fluoro you mentioned.  Sorry!!

Edit:  correcting words

Me: 39 DH: 36
    Married: Sept 2018
    DS: December 2016
    #2 EDD Feb 2020

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @brookert615 we are moving to one of those gulf countries like UAE,Kuwait, Qatar. I have lived there before for yrs. when I was preggo with #1 and life was good. Maids are dirt cheap.
  • Options
    @sunshinegarden Oh man, that is so wonderful!!! Happy for you, girl!  <3
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Options
    @sunshinegarden that’s awesome! Years ago when DH was deployed, I wanted to fly out to Bahrain when they ported there. But we decided money would be better spent on our VA loan fee to buy our house. I still regret not going.
  • Options
    @leksiL So happy baby is looking great!  <3
    TW
  • Options
    @ibabyloveb87 Yay! So exciting! I'm doing that at the end of next week I think! 
    TW
  • Options
    @brookert615 I feel so relieved to not have a secret anymore. 

@TennisLove30 4 times?! Ohhh man. I hope you are able to go back to sleep after! 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Options
    @babyroma Yay! So happy it's not so bad!
    TW
  • Options
    I had bloodwork yesterday to see if I could stop the meds from our FET. I can stop the estrogen pills but not yet the progesterone vaginal suppositories. I have 2 more weeks of those. Ugh!
  • Options
    @ibabyloveb87 it takes a while to fall asleep after, so I’m pretty much exhausted all the time. 

@babyroma my eyes are rolling at your husband. Ha ha! 🙄
  • Options
    babyroma said:
    @TennisLove30
    My husband made fun of me the other day for peeing so much and even after I said it's a real thing he still didn't believe me! Apparently I shouldn't have to pee because the baby isnt big enough to push my bladder.... 🤦‍♀️
    Oh first time dads... Tell him it's a combination of hormones and your kidneys starting to work overtime and if he doesn't believe you he can google it.

Speaking of peeing, I think I am finally starting to get that end of the first trimester break from having to pee all the time. Hoping that means I will start sleeping through the night again. 
  • Options
    TennisLove30TennisLove30 member
    edited July 2019
    @mandk1233 I commented but realized you weren’t responding to my comment. So, I changed this. 😂
  • Options
    @TennisLove30 😂 That is weird. Maybe guys get pregnancy brain too and that's what is causing all this complaining about peeing. 
  • Options
    @babyroma I hope you made it through the last bit ok!! Wooo glad it’s done! 
  • Options
    @ibabylove87 made it through well! The last hour went by crazy fast! I think lunch helped keep my mind occupied haha
  • Options
    @ibabylove87 made it through well! The last hour went by crazy fast! I think lunch helped keep my mind occupied haha
  • Options
    leksiLleksiL member
    @robynlynn2000 happy for you too! I had a CP in January and had a straight out MC about 15 years ago so have been so paranoid. Especially after seeing so many posts on the www about MMC - that sounds so heart-wrenching. I feel so assured now that we have a 99% chance of a successful pregnancy even at our old age!

The other great thing about yesterday was the midwife said that they would treat me exactly as they would a FTM even though I'm 38 with a cesarean in the past, since the reason for a cesarean was only because she was breech. There are going to be a lot of spinning babies exercises going on around here! 
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• Options
    I am the only one in my office for the time being and after the chaotic week we have had with the office being remodeled, it is SO SO peaceful. I just wish this would last all day.... but my coworker will be back soon with trim and that will start being installed.
  • Options
    Just called my insurance to make sure they wouldn’t cover the NIPT and they won’t. I have to be older or have some sort of medical condition that would necessitate it. Oh well! 
  • Options
    leksiLleksiL member
    @ibabyloveb87 - at least you still have your youth! :)

Sometimes I wish that we had kids earlier but then I remember how little patience I had in my 20s and I'm glad we waited. It is also nice to be able to afford daycare, it would have been a struggle to find $2500/mo in our budget in our 20s, my MIL would probably watch the kids all day and they are have-tv-on-all-day-at-blaring-levels type people so that would have been difficult. 
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• Options
    @leksiL oh mylanta you must live in a high COL area! I pay $680/mo for daycare. At $2500 I would have to be a SAHM!
  • Options
    Pregnancy brain has kicked into high gear. Apparently I left my key in the door last night. :open_mouth: We live in a apartment so people would definitely have noticed. Thank God it was still there this morning!

• Options
    rikiteacuprikiteacup member
    edited July 2019
    PSA if your insurance doesn't cover your breast pump. Target has a lot of baby clearance going on right now and I saw quite a few Medela Sonata for $199.98 instead of $399.99.
    TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• Options
    @ibabyloveb87, some of the cell free DNA
    companies have lower costs to pay out of pocket if insurance won’t cover it. I know Natera/Panorama does. 
  • Options
    @babyroma im happy for you, maybe you can relax a bit now lol. They just checked blood glucose with me and said it was normal. And said i would do the tolerance test around 26-28 weeks. But gd is something I have been concerned about as well.