February 2020 Moms

Re: UO

• @daffodil_shoe Preach it sister!

And in keeping with that... Unisex names are weird. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a unisex name 🤷🏼‍♀️ and my guess is you know someone male and female with my name. 
  • leksiLleksiL member
    @jvk2012 Jaime? 
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• leksiLleksiL member
    I like unisex names. Robin, Jaime, there are a ton of them! My DD's name is super flowery and female hopefully she doesn't hate me for it. Although I tried to dress her gender neutral for awhile but all she wants is cupcakes, rainbows, dinosaurs, heels and purses :) 

I've known some dudes with girls' names like Shannon and that is a bit odd to me but normal in some cultures.

What drives me more crazy is names named after luxury brands, like Chanel. C'mon - a name like that makes you look grasping, not classy!
    Married Jan 2008 

• I’m with you on the boy names for girls. And I also don’t like the off the wall spellings or weird pronunciations... someone named their DD Sarah but pronounced it suh-ray-ah. Just no. 
  • @leksiL, you got it! Spelling included!
  • leksiLleksiL member
    @jvk2012 if I name my kid Jaime now is it going to be weird? LOL That is my awesome SIL's name too and it is on the table.
    Married Jan 2008 

• @leksiL Shannon is actually a boy’s name that people kept slapping on their baby girls, until it finally went to the girls.
  • @leksiL, haha name away!
  • *Me nodding in agreement about girls not needing boy names to be strong/equal* Oh right, technically I have a boy's name or at least the male spelling of a name that can go either way... LOL Whoops! My mom always said that when I applied to Harvard she didn't want them to know wether I was a boy or girl. At least in my industry social media has made this null and void- you're getting stalked before you're being considered.

My UO is that milk ruins coffee! I want my first slurp to be all delicious coffee bean grease that floats to the top. It's the best part!
  • I think it is silly to be expected to do all the extra things for each kid. Like super cute individualized pregnancy announcement, gender reveal, baby shower or sprinkle (like seriously for each kid?), custom birth announcement. And then the monthly photo shoots........ first kid I see it but come on Karen, this is your 7th kid. Pretty sure this is super unpopular opinion but that is how I feel. 
  • @sassypants2010 Your UO made me laugh. 😝
  • Speaking of names, I hate when parents pick a name that rhymes with their last name like Matt Mattson or Joy Joybird.

TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• @clee5711 I agree! I have a unique name and have had people think I'm a guy before meeting me based on my name. 
  • @sassypants2010 I can sometimes relate. I guess a lot of people expect me to be an indian Male....lol I've gotten mail address to Mr. Chandra Lastname before. I'm like uhhhh....okay thanks?
  • @sassypants2010 I can sometimes relate. I guess a lot of people expect me to be an indian Male....lol I've gotten mail address to Mr. Chandra Lastname before. I'm like uhhhh....okay thanks?
  • @babyroma my favourite is getting a scam call telling me "Mr. Stevi your wife is in prison pay us $$(can't remember amount) in Amazon gift cards to get her released". Now if it wasn't for the mister at the beginning I would have assumed they thought I was a gay woman, but no. Also having people ask for my husband Stevi, very confusing since that is me
  • Eggs are gross. 
  • @brookert615 what are these bows you speak of?
  • @daffodil_shoe in spoiler of bows that make me cringe 😂

TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's