Infertility
Options

Introduction (Loss Mentioned)

rnjazz30rnjazz30 member
edited July 2019 in Infertility
Hi all, 

Just wanted to introduce myself; I could really use support, and look forward to participating in this community and supporting others, too. 

We've been TTC off and on for a while now, and were first interrupted by discovering I had massive fibroids (14 total, my uterus was the size of a 5 month pregnancy). I knew I had fibroids, but had been advised by my ob/gyn that they weren't in the cavity so I was best off TTC...turns out they grew rapidly, made me anemic, and made it impossible to conceive, of course. I had an open myomectomy May 2018, and a very tough recovery. We started TTC in February of 2019, and got our first BFP March 2019. I miscarried at 7 weeks. We got our second BFP in June 2019, but I've just miscarried again, this time around 6 weeks. I'm 40, and generally take good care of myself, but my AMH is pretty low. My doctor wants me to move to IVF ASAP, or at least do egg retrieval before trying naturally any longer. 

I'm having a really hard time letting the idea of trying naturally go (and can hardly stand that at the moment we could be trying and aren't), but my doc thinks I will just continue to miscarry and is pretty adamant that I move forward with egg retrieval. So I'm trying to convince myself. She is pressuring me to do it NOW, but I have travel and work commitments that make it difficult until the last week of September. My feeling is that I can use that time to continue supplements I've started recently, quit drinking wine/coffee, clean up my diet, and just generally feel I've given it my best shot. She doesn't love this plan but agreed to it. Wondered what others think and how you are preparing yourself if you have a few months before egg retrieval.   
Me- 40 DH- 37.
TTC since late 2016
Got fibroid diagnosis, docs told me to keep trying as they weren't in the cavity (terrible advice!)
5/18: Abdominal Myomectomy, 14 fibroids removed, tough recovery 
11/18: Started trying again 
3/19: BFP, miscarried at 7 weeks 
6/19: BFP, miscarried at 6 weeks 
9/19: IVF, 11 eggs, 7 fertilized, and???

Re: Introduction (Loss Mentioned)

• Options
    Hello and welcome! Did your doctor explain to you why she thinks you need to go right into an egg retrieval? I would probably get a second opinion on that. I wonder if there's any way to help you maintain a pregnancy if you conceive naturally. Is your doctor a reproductive endocrinologist (RE)? They are experts in this field. If she is I would still get a second opinion before jumping right into IVF.
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • Options
    At 40 (like me being over 40), your miscarriages are more likely to be related to chromosomal issues. That is why your doctor wants you to do retrieval I bet (to get eggs on ice before you get any older). I wouldn't doubt they would recommend PGS testing as well because it is better to know you are transferring a "normal" embryo.

In my case, 90% of eggs at my age are "bad" and proved right in my case because in my first egg retrieval in June I had 24 eggs retrieved, 21 mature and only 7 made it to blast stage and not 1 was "normal". I have one that they were not able to give me a result on so we will be trying that one, but all you can do is try to up your chances of having better egg quality.

I have read a lot on here and elsewhere and started taking CoQ10, L-Arginine and some people also suggest Royal Jelly as a supplement as well as DHEA to help with everything. Also, start drinking electrolyte water. Heard that helps too. I am doing all I can because at nearly 44, It is very unlikely I will get many normal eggs (if even just 1). 

Good luck to you!!
    Me: 45yo, DH: 47yo
    3 Daughters (singleton @27yo, ID  Di/Di Twins @34yo)
    Protein S Deficiency (Blood Clotting Disorder), MTHFR & VIT D issue 
    5 MC's:  Blighted Ovum-D&C @ 9wks;  Natural MC @ 7wks; Blighted Ovum-D&C @ 9wks; MC boy-D&C @ 9wks & Chem PG in 2019
    Tubes were tied after my Twins (and now I am old). Remarried and want to give my DH a baby!

IVF#1 OE June 2019 - ER 6/15/19, 24R, 21M, 20F, 7 6DBlasts Frozen for PGS Testing,
    RESULTS of PGS 4 abnormal girls,  2 abnormal boys, 1 indeterminate girl
    FET#1 OE August 23, 2019 (transferring 1 indeterminate girl & 1 abnormal boy) - BFN
    IVF#2 November 15, 2019 - ER 9R, 9M, 6F, 2 5dBlasts (fresh transfer) and 1 6DBlast frozen for PGS Testing,
    FRESH Transfer: November 20, 2019, 2 5-day blasts transferred!! 
    BFP 8dp5dt on 11/27 - 12/2 on FRER, BETA #1 12/2 - 11.93. BETA #2 12/4: 4.41 ~CHEMICAL PG
    ******************Starting Donor Process
    June 2020: Egg Donor Cycle and Fresh Transfer of 1 embryo in Czech Republic - CANCELLED DUE TO COVID19
    October 2020.  Split Cycle at UFC with a friend (Andrea) I met on the Bump who was also supposed to go to Prague too  
    DE Retrieval 9/26/2020, 26R, 24M, 12 split Cycle, 9 Fertilized + 1 "questionable", PRAYING FOR AT LEAST 5 BLASTS
    10/1/2020: 4 5DBlasts (AA, BB, BC, BC), 10/2/2020: 3 6DBlasts (BB, BB, BC) FOR A TOTAL OF: 7 BLASTS!! THANK YOU GOD!!
    PGS RESULTS: 5 NORMALS! DAY 5: AA BOY, BB GIRL, BC BOY / DAY 6: BB GIRL, BC GIRL
    DE FET October 29, 2020 - CANCELED DUE TO FLUID IN LINING
    DE FET November 16th, 2020 (transferring an PGS normal Hatching AA Boy)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ladyp0tter sorry to be so slow responding. I popped in here at some point, but haven’t returned since as I just had too much anxiety around the whole thing. What you mentioned is exactly right...and we are moving forward with pgs testing. Had our retrieval today and got 11 eggs, I was happy with this given my numbers but we’ll see if anything is normal 🤞🤞🤞 I’ve been doing 600 mg CoQ10 daily for 6 months and started the DHEA 2 months ago. Do you know the book ‘it starts with the egg’? I found that really helpful. I wonder how your journey has gone these last couple months and am hoping you’ve had some luck. It’s so hard. But it only takes one!!! Sending good thoughts.
    Me- 40 DH- 37.
    TTC since late 2016
    Got fibroid diagnosis, docs told me to keep trying as they weren't in the cavity (terrible advice!)
    5/18: Abdominal Myomectomy, 14 fibroids removed, tough recovery 
    11/18: Started trying again 
    3/19: BFP, miscarried at 7 weeks 
    6/19: BFP, miscarried at 6 weeks 
    9/19: IVF, 11 eggs, 7 fertilized, and???

• Options
    @rnjazz30 Great to hear you got 11 eggs!! I hope you get lots of blasts. The rate is usually around 50% or so, so hopefully 5-6 blasts for you!! That'd be some good odds for you!

AFM: My FET cycle #1 failed with the two embryo's we tried (the 1 indeterminate one and 1 abnormal). It was a long shot, but we tried.  Now, in early October, I will start stims again for IVF retrieval #2 with less meds than last time to focus on quality over quantity this time. Hopeful that we can get 1-2 normals from this batch. We will also be trying a Fresh transfer the same week of the retrieval so that we can hope for a good embryo to grow better in utero rather than on ice. Either way, it gives me multiple options I hope. 

Good luck!!
    Me: 45yo, DH: 47yo
    3 Daughters (singleton @27yo, ID  Di/Di Twins @34yo)
    Protein S Deficiency (Blood Clotting Disorder), MTHFR & VIT D issue 
    5 MC's:  Blighted Ovum-D&C @ 9wks;  Natural MC @ 7wks; Blighted Ovum-D&C @ 9wks; MC boy-D&C @ 9wks & Chem PG in 2019
    Tubes were tied after my Twins (and now I am old). Remarried and want to give my DH a baby!

IVF#1 OE June 2019 - ER 6/15/19, 24R, 21M, 20F, 7 6DBlasts Frozen for PGS Testing,
    RESULTS of PGS 4 abnormal girls,  2 abnormal boys, 1 indeterminate girl
    FET#1 OE August 23, 2019 (transferring 1 indeterminate girl & 1 abnormal boy) - BFN
    IVF#2 November 15, 2019 - ER 9R, 9M, 6F, 2 5dBlasts (fresh transfer) and 1 6DBlast frozen for PGS Testing,
    FRESH Transfer: November 20, 2019, 2 5-day blasts transferred!! 
    BFP 8dp5dt on 11/27 - 12/2 on FRER, BETA #1 12/2 - 11.93. BETA #2 12/4: 4.41 ~CHEMICAL PG
    ******************Starting Donor Process
    June 2020: Egg Donor Cycle and Fresh Transfer of 1 embryo in Czech Republic - CANCELLED DUE TO COVID19
    October 2020.  Split Cycle at UFC with a friend (Andrea) I met on the Bump who was also supposed to go to Prague too  
    DE Retrieval 9/26/2020, 26R, 24M, 12 split Cycle, 9 Fertilized + 1 "questionable", PRAYING FOR AT LEAST 5 BLASTS
    10/1/2020: 4 5DBlasts (AA, BB, BC, BC), 10/2/2020: 3 6DBlasts (BB, BB, BC) FOR A TOTAL OF: 7 BLASTS!! THANK YOU GOD!!
    PGS RESULTS: 5 NORMALS! DAY 5: AA BOY, BB GIRL, BC BOY / DAY 6: BB GIRL, BC GIRL
    DE FET October 29, 2020 - CANCELED DUE TO FLUID IN LINING
    DE FET November 16th, 2020 (transferring an PGS normal Hatching AA Boy)