February 2020 Moms

Weekly randoms (7/15-7/21)

Re: Weekly randoms (7/15-7/21)

• @ibabyloveb87 agree! And the weekend just flew by. AFM, I’m already considering ordering lunch and it’s only 10am... 
  • Loading the player...
  • I worked 12s Fri-Sun, so today is my Saturday. But I’m pretty sure DS has croup, so I couldn’t even bring him to preschool...so not exactly relaxing.
  • @daffodil_shoe Oh know! Hope your little one can get some relief soon! 
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • @therealbitts I’ve definitely been thinking about lunch since 9:30. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @daffodil_shoe croup is terrible. Hope he feels better soon, and I hope he naps for you so you can get a break!
  • @jvk2012 I’m only supposed to gain 15-25.....but I gained 39 with my first. Haha oh well. I tell them to let me know if it’s a big deal and nobody said anything last time. 
  • Today's been a day full of stupid drama. First my grandma messaged me to tell me that my aunt hasnt gotten her thank you card for the wedding gift they got us. I sent them 3 weeks ago....not sure why it's taken so long to get there. I'm sure her feelings are hurt because we dropped the ball in sending hers earlier. She got us the gift in february and we waited to order the nice thank yous with wedding pictures. 

Then I come out of a meeting to find a text from the girl who was my Matron of honor. 
    She had text me last week some time complaining we didnt talk much in 2 weeks and asked what she did wrong. I legit forgot to respond for a few days then wanted to wait to tell her the pregnancy news (she's the one I've mentioned before in regards to her infertility issues and wanting to be godmother). 
    Well today's text I guess she was done with me not responding and basically said good luck in life. 
    Like sorry I've been busy being a newlywed and soaking in the fact that I'm pregnant...I hardly text anybody except my husband! 
    Decided that was it and just decided to remove her from everything and call it a day. I don't need people like that in my life. Makes breaking the "you can't be godmother" thing easier! 
    I do feel a little bad but at the same time, I don't feel that bad. She benefited from our supposed friendship wayyyyy more than I did. 
  • @babyroma Sorry about all of the drama lately!
    TW
  • daffodil_shoedaffodil_shoe member
    edited July 2019
    I’m not telling DS that this baby is a boy, in case it’s wrong. Plus I don’t want him blabbing before the anatomy scan. But if it truly is a boy, we are going to have a meltdown on our hands. I’ve never asked him if he wants a brother or sister, and he knows that we don’t get to pick. But since day 1, he’s insisted it’s a girl. He’s going to be sorely disappointed. Poor kid!

Anyone else have a kid that really wants a brother or sister?
  • @daffodil_shoe
    I can understand that from her perspective. Theres more to it than that. In the time she was complaining about us not talking she never reached out to me once either. 
    She pulled a lot of stuff at the wedding I wasnt thrilled about that guests brought to my attention which really kind of hurt me. 

• @daffodil_shoe DD1 doesn’t know that I’m pregnant but she has been saying she wants another sister and a brother. So, I’m just hoping I am not having twins because she has this kind of 6th sense when people in our family are ill... not that this is an illness, but still I’m kind of freaked out as silly as it seems. Plus, i tested a day before my period was due and the line was really dark and with previous pregnancies the line has always been a squinter.
  • @malloryfrommn That is adorable!
    TW
  • @babyroma I say good riddance to her. She was causing you stress with her selfish demands before. In my experience friends like that super suck and don’t understand at all after baby is born that survival is the #1 priority and they are bumped down to like #653 on the list.

@daffodil_shoe My son has been declaring this baby a sister since before we were pregnant. I kind of hope it is because we’ll have a meltdown on our hands too if it’s a brother lol.
  • DDRRT1982DDRRT1982 member
    edited July 2019
    It’s my Husband that’s going to have a meltdown if it’s not another boy.  It’s kind of annoying because he’s so naive about all the things that can go wrong in pregnancy.  With my history, I just want healthy and full term.  Whoever this baby is they were meant to be here and I am excited to love on a boy or girl.  

Just for fun, but I have gotten a psychic reading for my last four (now five pregnancies) and she was spot on for the first three and completely wrong for my last pregnancy.  This one she said is a girl, but based off of how I am feeling and conception I say boy.  
  • brookert615brookert615 member
    edited July 2019
    @celticknotfire What...... the....???? I'm glad you laughed at her lol. I mean I get some people are super fertile but like three months??? If I would've told my OB that he would've laughed at me, too LOL. I was lucky my endocrinologist was super proactive before we even started trying to get my PCOS in check so I would have a chance of actually ovulating. UGH. Sorry you had to deal with that! That's funny about April and Andy. That girl is going to have a rude awakening when she realizes her parents insurance isn't going to cover it since she hasn't been trying for at least a year....  :D

Edit: words!
    TW
  • @celticknotfire motherhood will be so fun for her
  • @brookert615 I don't know what she was expecting either like a magic pill or something.  I understand when you have something like PCOS or endometriosis being proactive but how do you even know anything in 3 months?!?!  I think people see IVF in the news and such and think it's this quick and easy process that anyone can do.  
    Me:37 MH:37
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    DX: PCOS, anovulatory, AMA
    Femara X3: no response
    Clomid X3: BFN (cyst and thin lining)
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC
    IVF (April '19) 9 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2 normal PGT-A
    FET 06/12/19 - BFP! EDD 02/27/20

• @craftywitch that is awesome news!  I wish more companies would be more flexible because it makes more sense to do that short term than have to hire and train a new employee.

@doodleoodle she probably expects her mom to do everything!
    Me:37 MH:37
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    DX: PCOS, anovulatory, AMA
    Femara X3: no response
    Clomid X3: BFN (cyst and thin lining)
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC
    IVF (April '19) 9 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2 normal PGT-A
    FET 06/12/19 - BFP! EDD 02/27/20

• @craftywitch that sounds amazing!
  • @celticknotfire Totally agree!!! 

@craftywitch That is AMAZING! So happy for you!!! 
    TW
  • b_1029b_1029 member
    *totally lurking* but @celticknotfire wow, ALMOST 3 months??? sounds like a recent TTGP "graduate"
  • leksiLleksiL member
    @craftywitch that is an amazing benefit! one of the reasons I took this job was 4 mos of maternity leave haha - the last one was 1 week paid, then 5 weeks "disability" but I got 7 because it was a cesarean, and then you had to use PTO. This time around I get 4 mos paid, and get to keep my PTO and I am a happy camper! My boss said I could WFH when I came back at first too and I know I will want to come back in the office but might do it p/t depending on how pumping is going. I had serious oversupply last time so ended up with so much extra milk (some of which is still in my freezer and seriously needs to be thrown out haha)
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• @celticknotfire wow. Just wow. What a story ha 
  • That is amazing @craftywitch. I am jealous! 
  • @leksiL I know oversupply is totally it's own problem, but I'd kill for that problem! I struggled so hard and in the end put my career on hold and sold my house so that I could stay home and nurse at the breast until DS was a year. This time I have all kinds of plans to pump immediately to try to increase my supply and I would not be sad if I created an oversupply situation... Did you ever donate your milk? I have a friend who has an oversupply with each of her babies and she has the most adorable photo of her 1 year old sitting in a wagon full of thousands of ounces of milk they were donating. #lifegoals haha

• @craftywitch that is so amazing about your benefits.  I am jealous.

i know you didn’t ask me, but I create an over supply each time because once my hormones level out my cycle starts and then my supply tanks.  I have made it at least a year with each baby, but this last one I did really well.  I just try to establish the largest supply in the beginning, usually starting out around 42 ounces in a day, and as the baby eats more and hormones level out it calms down.  Now that you’ve done it once before your experience will kick in and you’ll be more efficient.  
  • nhh11nhh11 member
    @leksiL it makes me so mad when any part of pregnancy is labeled “disability”, even if just for the leave policy. Like, how is me creating life inside my body a disability, healthcare system!? Last I checked, everyone arrives this way...like the people who created that dumb policy. 🙄
  • nhh11 said:
    @leksiL it makes me so mad when any part of pregnancy is labeled “disability”, even if just for the leave policy. Like, how is me creating life inside my body a disability, healthcare system!? Last I checked, everyone arrives this way...like the people who created that dumb policy. 🙄
    Because whether your kid comes out the passenger door or the sunroof, childbirth is something you have to recover from.
  • nhh11nhh11 member
    nhh11 said:
    Because whether your kid comes out the passenger door or the sunroof, childbirth is something you have to recover from.
    Fair...but can’t they call it “miracle recovery” or something? Maybe make us feel a little better about it!☺️
  • nhh11 said:
    nhh11 said:
    Fair...but can’t they call it “miracle recovery” or something? Maybe make us feel a little better about it!☺️
    Miracle recovery 😂😂😂
  • My husband travels 80% of the time Monday-Friday for work. Today is our 9th wedding anniversary, and he is out of town. It’s our first anniversary not spent together. I’m a little sad. 
  • @TennisLove30 What a bummer! Sorry you're not able to enjoy it together!  <3
    TW
  • @TennisLove30 my husband travels a bunch too. He never seems to be home for our actual anniversary. Hope you can spend extra QT together when he’s back!