February 2020 Moms

Weekly randoms (7/15-7/21)

Re: Weekly randoms (7/15-7/21)

• @TennisLove30, that stinks! DD was born the day before our 5th anniversary. The past 3 anniversaries have been basically ignored due to her birth and then birthday parties. I don’t see that changing soon. 
  • So I went to my OB visit yesterday (9w1d) and we talked about the genetic screening test at 12 weeks. I went home and googled it and it hasn’t been cleared or approved by the FDA. It made me think of the whole theranos fiasco. Anyone else think that’s weird? It’s the MaterniT- something test plus. 
    I don’t think I’m going to do it anymore. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @jessieR358
    ”Each test described has been developed and its performance characteristics determined by the CLIA-certified laboratory performing the test. These tests have not been cleared or approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Although FDA does not currently clear or approve laboratory-developed tests in the U.S., certification of the laboratory is required under CLIA to ensure the quality and validity of the tests.” 

That is for Natera’s Panorama test. Apparently FDA doesn’t approve any lab developed tests. 🤷🏼‍♀️ Wouldn’t stop me. 
  • jvk2012 said:
    @jessieR358
    ”Each test described has been developed and its performance characteristics determined by the CLIA-certified laboratory performing the test. These tests have not been cleared or approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Although FDA does not currently clear or approve laboratory-developed tests in the U.S., certification of the laboratory is required under CLIA to ensure the quality and validity of the tests.” 

That is for Natera’s Panorama test. Apparently FDA doesn’t approve any lab developed tests. 🤷🏼‍♀️ Wouldn’t stop me. 
    jvk2012 said:
    @jessieR358

Thank you! I’m very familiar with CLIA tests. So if the test is CLIA waived I’m fine with that.
  • Got to see the lab tests from my initial visit and it looks to me that everything is okay! Theres some stuff on there I'm not sure about but the doctor said they would call if they found anything concerning and no calls yet so, yay! Also ordered my blood pressure monitor today so I can hopefully start tracking that this weekend or next week. Biggest downfall of being a big lady is having to order it online because the cuffs in store were too small. 
  • @TennisLove30 that’s a bummer. If it makes you feel better, my DH was deployed for our 1st anniversary.
  • So I normally am able to care for my kids when their sick and be very attentive. But my daughter got food poisoning yesterday and I practically put her in the bathtub with a bucket and blankets because every gag from her triggered me. As soon as my husband walked through the door I shoved him in the bathroom and told him it was his turn until i could collect myself. 
  • nhh11nhh11 member
    @TennisLove30 I’m sorry he’s gone for your anniversary!  My hubby is a consultant so he travels a lot too 😕. He’s out all this week, weekend, and next week so you guys will probably be seeing a lot of me on here!:)
  • Finally got this app working again! I forgot how annoying it can be. I’m running around like a crazy person cleaning because the in-laws are coming. Not sure wth we were thinking inviting them right now  :/ Oh well I’m sure it’ll be fine. 
  • leksiLleksiL member
    @craftywitch Oh i'm not complaining about an oversupply - although it was difficult at first. I had to see three lactation consultants before we finally got nursing down. DD did have a tongue tie and frenectomy and had difficulty latching and I was at the point where I was bleeding and the whole thing was a mess. So having a strong let down was not helpful.

I didn't donate any milk - I did not have a ton left at the end of the day. I was obsessed with not letting a drop of formula pass my daughter's lips (stupid, I know) but I also hated pumping so the goal was to have enough by 9 months to get her through the 12 months before switching to milk at daycare and I did but had maybe 10 bags left over (which was not a lot of room for error!). We kept BF when together until 18 mos when she self-weaned.

I don't know what I'm going to do about pumping this time. I told DH I was just going to nurse with baby and give them formula for daycare and he laughed and said "yeah right". I would love to trade my fourth month off for two months (so 4-5th) 1/2 time but not sure if that would be something on the table. I know every baby is different so maybe we will have completely different experiences. 
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• leksiLleksiL member
    OK so next Saturday we are driving down to Rehobeth Beach in DE for a week! But, DH has a concert he wants to go to in Providence the following Friday at 6 p.m. Which would mean we would have to leave a day early, and get up at the crack of dawn to come home and then he would have to leave our house at like 4 p.m. to go to this stupid concert. Today I was like, do you really need to go? I'm thinking of letting him drive up with all the stuff and DD and I can follow via train and uber LOL
    Married Jan 2008 

• @leksiL That's too funny! Hope you can find the least stressful way to go! Too funny about following along! 
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • This week has been crazy, I'm so glad it's almost over (I don't work Fridays), way too much stress at work for my liking.  Also, DH and I have been binge watching Breaking Bad again and we're down to the final few episodes.  I'm unreasonably excited to finish it tonight.

Me: 39 DH: 36
    Married: Sept 2018
    DS: December 2016
    #2 EDD Feb 2020

BabyFruit Ticker

• @rikiteacup That's awesome!!! I have been looking a lot at Motherhood Maternity! They have a BumpStart pack that has leggings, tshirt, tank and a dress for like 38 bucks. I might just get it lol.
    TW
  • @brookert615 I haven't seen this pack. Might be a good idea for comfy clothes.
    TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• TW
  • I just ordered a bunch from Pink Blush. All the things are cute and fit well!  
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @sassypants2010 ugh. I hope your daughter is feeling better today! I can so relate. My 2 year old is fighting bedtime like crazy. Last night she cried so hard she made herself sick. Twice. I almost lost it several times trying to clean up. I really hope this phase ends soon.
  • @lanie1000 kid puke is the worst during first tri.  
  • My 2 yo threw up twice before I got home from work yesterday. Thank god my husband was there and not me! But I got home and the house smelled like vomit. 
  • leksiLleksiL member
    @DDRRT1982 I almost want to get one of those just to give me some comfort, but I'm afraid I wouldn't find the HB and would freak out worse. I have been so paranoid this whole pregnancy I can't wait until my next appt.

@brookert615 haha now faced with the thought of having to drive from DE to CT to RI by himself the concert is not sounding so imperative to my husband. bahahahaha. I told him he better not wait until the train tickets go up in price to decide he wants to go!
    Married Jan 2008 

• @DDRRT1982 that’s awesome! I ordered a Doppler during my last pregnancy so my older boys could hear the heartbeat. It NEVER worked! I even tried it on my own heart and my older kids’ (since I knew those were beating) and it still didn’t work! Lol. Don’t think I’ll try it again this time, but happy to hear yours worked! 
  • @leksiL Bahaha! I love it!  :D
    TW
  • DDRRT1982DDRRT1982 member
    edited July 2019
    Ya, you have to prepare yourself not to freak out if you don’t find it.  This is my fifth time using it, so I know the drill.  Just because I find it today doesn’t mean I will find it the next time I try.
  • Terrible random- a guy in our office has toxoplasmosis and someone came around with lysol wipes telling us it was super contagious soooooo eek! Not sure what I can really do to prevent getting it now, but googling what to look out for. 
  • @craftywitch Hope you don't get it! So gross!

TW
  • DDRRT1982DDRRT1982 member
    edited July 2019
    Oh goodness, that’s scary.  I don’t know how to prevent either, but I would imagine avoiding bodily fluids.  Can it be airborne?  I know nothing?  
  • daffodil_shoedaffodil_shoe member
    edited July 2019
    @craftywitch I believe you have to ingest it in order to be infected. So wash your hands well before you eat.

ETA: https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr4902a5.htm
  • @daffodil_shoe oh lordy! That poor mama. How many weeks was she? 
  • @therealbitts like 40 and something