3rd Trimester
Options

Zoloft

Has anyone been on Zoloft during previous pregnancies? Did you continue to take it up until labor? 
My mother and MIL will probably be in the delivery room and I don’t think it’s any of their business that I am taking the medicine. Will it be something discussed during labor?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Zoloft

• Options
    harpseal135harpseal135 member
    edited July 2019
    Has anyone been on Zoloft during previous pregnancies? Did you continue to take it up until labor? 
    My mother and MIL will probably be in the delivery room and I don’t think it’s any of their business that I am taking the medicine. Will it be something discussed during labor?
    If you dont want medical info being shared with others, dont have them in there.
    The only time it will be brought up is during admission,  and talking with the anesthesiologist if you get an epidural, but you can not be 100% sure that a nurse, resident, doctor, etc won't bring up. If it becomes an emergent and you are being rushed to OR for a c-section,  it may get thrown out there.  
  • Options
    Yup, stayed on 50 mg/day during my previous pregnancy and will do the same this time. After pregnancy I upped it to 100-150mg/day because post partum can be ROUGH. 

The only time it was brought up during labor was, like @h@harpseal135 said, during admission and talking to the anesthesiologist. Then my nurse asked about it after labor, just to see if I'd brought my own prescription or needed her to provide some. Medical staff do their best to keep your medical information confidential, but with labor things can move quickly and their priority is to keep you safe. So, they may sacrifice your confidentiality to ensure that they don't give you something that would be contraindicated to your current medication. 

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @LittleMiss84 cool. Good talk.