September 2019 Moms
Options

If you failed your 1hr glucose screen but passed 3hr

Are you just going with the fact that you don’t have gestational diabetes?
Or are you going on a GD diet?
i failed my 1hr but passed my 3 hr (all 4 draws), but I’m still afraid I might have GD and have been following a pretty strict diet.
wondering what other ladies are doing.

Re: If you failed your 1hr glucose screen but passed 3hr

• Options
    I have my test next week and have been okay. I know a ton of people who fail the 1 hour. As long as you pass the 3 hour then you’re good. You could still follow a diet if you want but I wouldn’t lose sleep over it. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have my test next week and am already planning on talking to my doctor at length 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wouldn’t worry if you passed the 3 hour test without issue. I would be more concerned if you barely passed or only passed some of the draws. That is why they do the 3 hour, it is more accurate as the one hour can give a false positive. 
    Me: 30   DH:31 
    Married 9/2010
    TTC 10/2013
    RE Help from 10/2014-10/2016 (11 failed IUIs, a corrective surgery, and a donor embryo cycle)
    9/2016-transferred two donor embies
    BFP 9/29/26 EDD June 11
    BabyGaga BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah, I didn’t really come close. The closest I came was the 2 hour draw but I was still 16 points lower than the cutoff. The rest I was at least 20-30 points under the cutoff.
  • Options
    If you passed the 3 hr, you do not have GD. They set the threshold a little high for the 1 hr to try to catch as many people as possible. I failed the 1 hr with DS and the first draw of the 3 hr but still didn't have GD.
  • Options
    I failed my one hour, then when taking the three hour I passed hours 1 and 2, but failed the 3rd by 2 points. My doctor just said to stay away from foods with high concentrations of sugar, like juice and pop. I’m following her advice, but it’s hard (although not as hard as a diet with GD!). 
  • Options
    mskristmskrist member
    edited July 2019
    Failed my 1 hr by 6 points 😭 pass out from blood draws - the 3 hour will be terrible. Take it in a few days! Hopefully pass and hoping it was just what I ate the day off for the 1 hour. 
  • Options
    I failed the one hour with a 142 and passed the 3 hour. Wasn’t fun but glad I passed!