Baby Names
Options

Opinions?

I think we’ve found “the name”— if she’s a girl, like we’ve been thinking, that is. I was hoping for some first reactions and opinions to help us feel it out. We picked it, so of course we’re a little biased!

Sofie Beatrice Kearns

We chose Sofie/Sofia immediately. Even before pregnancy. Beatrice was my grandmothers name, and DH wanted to include a “family significance”. We’ve been calling her our little bee/baby bumblebee, and we like that we can carry that nickname through if we call her Sofie Bea.

Thoughts on the name? Does it age well? Does it sound classy?

💛

Re: Opinions?

• Options
    I like it but prefer the Sophie spelling. 

I actually love it in reverse, Beatrice Sophia/Sophie (either one). There are so many Sophie/Sophia girls out there, Beatrice is refreshing and beautiful. 
  • Options
    mb0112mb0112 member

I actually love it in reverse, Beatrice Sophia/Sophie (either one). There are so many Sophie/Sophia girls out there, Beatrice is refreshing and beautiful. 
    I agree with all of this! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like Sofie just fine. It’s slightly overdone at this point but it’s also classic so it’s not as tiresome as a trendy name 

• Options
    mb0112 said:

I agree with all of this! 
    Me three!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Sofie is a nice name, Sofia is a beautiful name imo. Sofie just seems young to me. I love it with the "f" it is more true to its roots with an f.
  • Options
    I really love Sofia as well, but does it flow? I think we’d call her Sofie as a lil’ nugget anyhow, but I like that she can grow into Sofia.
  • Options
    And thank you everyone for the comments! 🙈💛
  • Options
    I really love Sofia as well, but does it flow? I think we’d call her Sofie as a lil’ nugget anyhow, but I like that she can grow into Sofia.
    Yes, it flows nicely. Sofia with Sofie as a nn is  a perfect choice.