January 2020 Moms

Tw.. spotting support thread

Re: Tw.. spotting support thread

• start bleeding yesterday and I went to the ER. According to lmp I should have been 7w5d. They did blood tests and apparently my hCG levels are on the low side 3900 and the ultrasound shows the sac and fetal pole but no heartbeat. Er dr said it could mean miscarriage or i could just have my weeks off and be earlier than I thought....so calling my ob monday....scared and worried. We have been wanting a second baby so badly for these past 3 years
  • @sea8884 I'm sorry you are going through that. Going to the ER and being in limbo is not fun. I have been there. Hugs! Hopefully you can leave your other responsibilities for the day and just relax.
  • Loading the player...
  • @sea8884 So sorry you are going through this. Did you track when you ovulated? If not it is very possible that you just ovulated later than you thought! Hoping you get good news soon
  • rae_qrae_q member
    Started bleeding some today. More than spotting but no clots. I'm going in for an ultrasound tomorrow, hoping for the best. 
  • I was tracking in March then stopped cause i figured it just wasnt going to happen. Still bleeding today. Definitely red but no major cramps just a dull ache. So scared but it's out of my hands.
  • Sorry you are going through this, I hope the weeks are just off. When is your next ultrasound ? 
  • @rae_q good luck today <3

• @rae_q good luck at your scan today!

@sea8884 hoping you can get in with your ob today and get some answers. 
  • My ultrasound is tomorrow at 1130....just wish I knew what was happening. 
  • @rae_q great news! Hope it resolved itself quickly! Glad baby is ok. 

@sea8884 fx for a good scan today!
  • @sea8884 let us know how it goes today <3
  • @sea8884 how'd your ultrasound go?
    Me: 31
    DH: 32

Married: Sep 2012
    TTC #1: Jan 2015
    Baby A (via IUI due to MFI): Sep 2016 born at 35+6

Surprise but very welcome + on 5/16/2019, EDD 1/25/2020
  • TuasdadTuasdad member
    edited June 2019
    TW...also TMI.

So, venting out loud more than anything here but... my wife and I arrived at our first US last Tuesday as 7W2D pregnant- excited & hopeful.  After two rounds of IVF, this was our first positive. Literally a minute before Doctor comes in for US, my wife notices she's spotting bright red blood. This hasn't happened before. It was just a little bit. Then she wipes again and it's substantially more. We tell the doc, he does US, we get a solid heart rate of 129. But he says it's measuring 6W5D not 7W2D....which normally is fine, except being IVF we know exact date.

He says the ultrasound shows the bleeding isn't coming from the uterus. He still says we look good, with the normal 15% chance of miscarriage at this point. They schedule us for another US on 6/19 (next Wednesday) 

Fast forward to yesterday and my wife calls me from home depot bathroom saying she suddenly bled dark blood through underwear and pants.  She calls and leaves message for doctor. While waiting at home she has  a blob of coagulated blood about the length of an entire pad. Doctor calls her back and says he's not overly concerned yet but that if we wanted we could go to ER to see if they still hear a heart beat. But that sometimes this happens and still results in full term pregnancy and to stay off her feet. He said we could come in Monday for US to check and gave us his cell in case there's pain or significant additional bleeding.

Here comes the TMI. We just wanted to know if it was or wasn't a miscarriage. After searching web for similar stories and photos of what miscarriages at 7W might look like, I decide to closely examine the blob. It's definitely all blood, no tissue, no mass, not blueberry shaped anything. Just thick slime like blood through and through. Which made me feel a little better. We did transfer two blastocyst, so i guess it could be that one didn't develop and its placenta is being expelled but the other is just fine still. That's what I'd like to believe.

We have told each other there's nothing we can do and whatever is going on it's happening already, good or bad and that we'll know Monday. We've read seemingly equal number of somewhat similar accounts that turned out just fine and others which confirmed worst fears.

I want to be grounded and realistic but i want to be as supportive of my wife during this tense time. Open to suggestions on what I could say or do as we await Monday's US. 

Thanks
  • Two nights ago I started spotting stringy brown blood. The dr scheduled me for an emergency ultrasound at the hospital yesterday afternoon. Our baby looked good, right size for 9wk 1 day, heartrate 171, then came the bad news. I have a large hemorrhage in my uterus, larger than the gestational sac. We had to wait at the imaging center until they got a hold of the on call doctor who said its likely our pregnancy will not continue. She told us that some pregnancies with hemorrhages like mine make it, but she doesn't want to give us false hope. Now I'm on pelvic rest, terrified, waiting for Monday to try and get an appt.
  • @Tuasdad @noranorabobora I am so sorry you are going through this. I hope you both have good results from all of this. Sending all the good vibes to you ❤️
  • Two nights ago I started spotting stringy brown blood. The dr scheduled me for an emergency ultrasound at the hospital yesterday afternoon. Our baby looked good, right size for 9wk 1 day, heartrate 171, then came the bad news. I have a large hemorrhage in my uterus, larger than the gestational sac. We had to wait at the imaging center until they got a hold of the on call doctor who said its likely our pregnancy will not continue. She told us that some pregnancies with hemorrhages like mine make it, but she doesn't want to give us false hope. Now I'm on pelvic rest, terrified, waiting for Monday to try and get an appt.
    I'm sorry to hear that Nora.I know as medical professionals they have to keep it real but I hope that your case is one of the ones where it does work out. I guess we'll be in the unfortunate wait until Monday club together. Fingers crossed for you guys. 
  • @Tuasdad @noranorabobora I’m so sorry you guys are going through this. My thoughts are with you and will stay hopeful that you both end up getting good news. 
  • biolprofbiolprof member
    edited June 2019
    @Tuasdad @noranorabobora no matter what happens bleeding is scary. Thinking of you. If anything weird happens or gets worse it is better to go in and be evaluated. I ran a temp and had lots of cramping with my miscarriage and docs wanted to make sure I didn't have an RH incompatibility. I'm  really hoping for good news come Monday. 

@Tuasdad I'm impressed you had the stomach to inspect the blood. I'm not sure how many partners would be able to do that.

Edit: wasnt done
  • @Tuasdad and @noranorabobora - thinking about both of you today and hoping for the best. The waiting is so hard. 
  • @Tuasdad such wonderful news! Glad things are looking up! Do they have any idea where the bleeding came from? 
  • @Tuasdad great news! ❤
  • @Tuasdad hooray! That’s wonderful news. 
  • Wow @Tuasdad that is so wonderful! I'm so pleased for you, mom and baby!
  • @Tuasdad wonderful news! ❤

How are you doing @noranorabobora?
  • We had an appt with MFM yesterday. The dr said that we'll either lose the pregnancy or not, and there's not much that he or I can do about it. He's keeping me off work for 1 week, and I'm going in for weekly appts/ultrasounds through the rest of the first trimester at least (mostly just to make sure the baby is still alive and growing). The odds are about 50/50 for me, but even that is better than what we were told on Friday. I'm trying to stress less, and hope my baby is a tough little nugget. 
  • @noranorabobora I'm sorry you're going through this. I hope the odds tip in your favor for a healthy baby. 
  • @noranorabobora - hoping for the absolute best! Will keep you in my thoughts ♡
  • @noranorabobora I hope everything turns out in your favor <3
  • @noranorabobora Sending positive vibes your way!
  • @noranorabobora hoping everything turns out well for you and that little nugget! 
  • @noranorabobora I know this must be so tough to deal with, but I hope you’re able to relax as much as possible with a week off of work. FX that little baby keeps growing like a champ. 
  • Thank you all for the support and positivity. I'm still spotting all day everyday, so its hard to get my mind away from what's happening. I ordered a fetal doppler online, so hopefully that helps with my stress between appts. My next US is Tuesday, which somehow feels right around the corner yet a long way away. I've joined a couple online SCH support groups and it helps to talk to women who have gone/are going through the same thing. 
  • @noranorabobora We'll be thinking of you and hope that good news comes your way Tuesday.
  • I hate to revive this old thread but I just saw bright red blood on the toilet paper when I wiped 😩 it wasn't a lot, but it was definitely unexpected and really scary. The after hours line basically said that unless I'm soaking a pad it's likely nothing to worry about and since I already have an appt scheduled for Wednesday morning to just be patient unless I start heavily bleeding and then to head to the ER. I'm trying not to freak out but wtf. I haven't had any spotting in weeks and I'm already at 11wks and dear God is it Wednesday yet? Has anyone ever had spotting this late and it was nothing? Why is pregnancy so scary sometimes. 
  • @peppyj9 I’m sorry you’re having to deal with this! Did you and DH have sex yesterday/today? If you can, just lay down and take it easy as much as possible today and tomorrow. I’ll be thinking about you and hoping the spotting goes away and you have a great scan on Wednesday. 
  • @EmilyE13 thank you. No, no sex. I have been a little constipated though and having to push a bit hard lately. Sorry for the TMI! Just trying to rack my brain as to anything that could be causing this that isn't bad news. I'm trying to think happy thoughts! Baby is healthy, baby is happy. 
  • Thinking happy thoughts for you and baby! Most of the time they say to take it easy, keep your feet up and try to relax! 
  • @peppyj9 hope it’s nothing! Like the others said keep your feet up and try to relax! I’ve heard others say it could be from pushing too hard. I hope that’s the case for you. I’ll be keeping my fx.