September 2019 Moms

The Baby Shower Thread!

2»

Re: The Baby Shower Thread!

• @mommyshark13 I totally get it. To my knowledge, nothing is being done in my family for this LO either, and while it is baby 4 in our family, like you said, historically, something has been done for EVERY baby born, and given our past year, I would have thought they would want to celebrate this LO.  I kind of actually LOVE the idea of having the kids host a sip and see.  Send out invites and make 'em feel bad. ;) 
  • Loading the player...
  • @lillywonderland Oh Em Gee that really is the cutest theme! I'd say "Hey, so let me know if you have a theme you really have your heart set on, but if not, I have an idea that I think you'll love!" and then go nuts with it! A friend of mine had a shower theme that was a surprise until the invites went out. They did "April Showers Bring May Babies" and it was the cutest thing I have ever seen. 
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• @lillywonderland I was not asked about theme but I was asked about room colors... the cutie is a d o r a b l e
  • @lillywonderland oh my that is the cutest theme ever!!! I was asked for theme ideas and then we decided on one together. I would maybe show her your idea in a "lets brainstorm" approach and then hopefully she goes for it! 
  • @lillywonderland too cute!!! Don’t ask, just DO IT. 
  • @lillywonderland That’s the cutest thing I’ve ever seen!!
  • @lillywonderland That is so cute!! Do it! I was asked what our nursery theme was going to be by one of the aunts so she decided to do a HP themed shower because of that. The other shower my aunts didn't ask and I don't think I'm getting one besides the generic baby blue decor (puke!)
    *TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• Hey loves, 

Im having a fairly large Baby Shower next week, and I’m getting stressed about it. My mom has already made it clear she’s going to be awkward, and possibly downright selfish on this day, and I’m not sure how to handle it anymore. She already disinvited one person whom I really wanted to be there, and I’m worried she’s going to try to pull the same with other members of my family last minute. She is co-hosting this event, and as my hubs and I never had a wedding, engagement party, etc, I feel like this is the perfect time to celebrate. I’m worried she’s going to make a scene or go behind my back and try to make the day about her. Any advice on keeping my cool with her? 

Also, I have 30+ people saying they will be attending on the guest list, but I’m not sure if that will actually happen. Have you ever planned on having a large amount of people show up to an event, and then they just didn’t? It’s so bad I’m having nightmares about it. 

Any input would be delightful, as I am feeling extremely overwhelmed right now! ❤️ 
  • @btifulriot we moved over to a private group, so you might not get much feedback as many of us don't check here, BUT we have all had some baby shower drama that's for sure. My best advice is to just ignore her antics on the big day. Don't play into her petty games because that's exactly what she wants. Maybe she will think twice about acting a fool if nobody is there catering to her childish ways. If she mentions anything beforehand just say "this is my special day and I'd appreciate it if you didn't make it about you". This is a time to celebrate you and your growing family, don't let her take that away from you!