August 2019 Moms

June Symptoms

2»

Re: June Symptoms

• @sourlemon, it shouldn’t be allowed to be sick while pregnant. I hope you feel better soon!

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• Those of you with heartburn...have you tried drinking apple cider vinegar?  I read in a Facebook group to try it.  I just took a spoonful and it made me gag but the heartburn was instantly gone.  I need to try it again to see if it was just a fluke but seeing if anyone here had tried it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @purplg8r I have not tried that but so glad to have another remedy to try! My go to is usually a teaspoon of baking soda in an 8oz glass of water and down the hatch or brussel sprouts. Those work wonderfully as well. The baking soda especially because it neutralizes acid right in the stomach so it never even comes up. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• cato99cato99 member
    @purplg8r don’t drink ACV straight! It’s too acidic and will cause more damage long term. I drink 2 tablespoons diluted in at least 1-2 cups water every day, at least once a day and sometimes two (it’s reportedly good for blood sugar regulation). 
  • I want to cry. I can’t sleep on either side because my ribs start hurting so badly so I’ve been kind of sleeping on my back, which you’re not supposed to do. But it’s the only way to sleep. I don’t know why my ribs have kicked up the pain even more tonight. Usually my right side is fine and my left hurts a ton. I just want to sleep 😩😩

• @AKuzReve You didn’t ask for a solution so hopefully this is okay. I found this thing that maybe one of these will help https://wehavekids.com/having-baby/5-Quick-Ways-to-Reduce-that-Pesky-Rib-Pain-During-Pregnancy
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI

• @suzycupcake, no, thank you! I was googling last night for help. I was able to maneuver half sleeping on my side, half on my back with my pillow supporting and it worked. I need to google some yoga poses for stretching that will help. I’m sure there are some out there.

• Craziest dreams lately— I woke up sad and disturbed this morning.. I’ll spare the details. Also constipated again, tired from not sleeping great, and back and hip pain— probably from walking at the zoo all day Saturday. Still wondering how some people love being pregnant 🤔
  • aukeevaukeev member
    On heartburn - my OB recommended taking Zantac and/or liquid Gaviscon twice a day instead of relying on TUMS. I'm definitely going to try the baking soda method though. I'm all for anything that saves me from taking a more pills each day!

@jmesue1030 The bad dreams have hit here, too, and definitely have me wishing for the weird sex dreams from the first tri. I've woken up crying a couple of times, which freaked DH completely out, naturally. 

Is anyone else noticing their emotions are starting to get crazy? The past month or so I have really been struggling with anxiety and what I think is possibly anti-natal depression. I guess I need to talk to my OB about it, but I feel like a counselor would be better?
  • @oklahomak I’d do both if I were you! Your ob might even be able to refer you to a counselor who specializes in perinatal/postpartum mood disorders. 

Im not feeling anxiety or depression so much but definitely experiencing mood swings and a lot of irritability. I go from completely resenting my husband and everything he does to looking at him in awe wondering how I ever landed such a great guy 🤷‍♀️
  • aukeevaukeev member
    @jmesue1030 I will probably do that! Not sure if this is a thing, but I just want to get my emotions under control before this baby gets here and I'm home alone with him all day for three months so I can be the best version of myself for him.

I know exactly what you mean about your feelings toward your husband. Most of them really deserve an award for putting up with us during pregnancy... even if we are the ones doing the real "work." We're probably all putting our partners through one hell of a time.
  • @suzycupcake is the baking soda really salty?

@cato99 oops!  I don’t think I could drink it diluted with water. Yuck
  • @purplg8r From my perspective, it does have a strong taste. In thinking about you and water, plug your nose and chug it. It's worth it to have another natural alternative for the reflux. Not sure it necessarily has to be water for it to work. It probably does since dissolving it in water makes it alkaline. You might want to check on that. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• emqbeeemqbee member
    edited June 2019
    I was just about to ask if you guys were noticing strong mood swings. Yesterday I was suuuupperrr down. Like sat in the bathroom at work crying, angry with my husband, and then sat in the parking lot after work crying hysterically and then that lasted the whole 40 minute drive home. My husband has been down/negative about some things lately and I feel like it all just spilled over for me...I do feel bad that I took it out on him and then like y’all said, flipped back to being in awe that he still loves me after my meltdowns and flip outs. 
    I don’t like feeling moody and inconsistent, it really gets to me. 
    @oklahomak I’m also feeling the pressure of making sure I get things under control so I can be at my best for baby.... but I’m terrified PPD is going to hit me and I’m not prepared for that. 
  • @emqbee yes definitely the mood swings are piling up for me. Mainly for me though is just down swings. I cried in the car the other day because I was sick and felt like that was making my kids miss out on fun stuff (DH ended up taking DD1 to a movie while DD2 and I napped, but somehow that felt insufficient). Cue HUGE tears. Then I didnt cook a good dinner (cuz I'm sick) and felt guilty about that and cried. I cry easily right now. This has happened with both my other pregnancies too around this point.
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• aukeevaukeev member
    @emqbee Yep, that's similar to what I've been dealing with :/ And I don't know about you, but it's so unpredictable, and I can't find a "reason" for the breakdowns when they happen. DH and I are at the best point in our relationship we've ever been, he has been SO attentive to me lately especially once I really started "feeling" pregnant, we both love our jobs, we're in a groove finishing up our home renovations and everything is fine financially. Part of me feels so guilty for having these breakdowns and feeling so upset when I don't have a reason to be. 
    Have you talked to your OB or PCP about it yet?
  • Does anyone else have numbness in their hands? Its not constant.  It is only when I lean over to pick grass for my horses.  Sounds silly but its literally just when I have a handful of grass and ripping it off.  The side of my palm tingles with numbness for a bit and then is gone. 
  • @agpandme it could be carpel tunnel. i have really bad pregnancy induced carpel tunnel and wear a wrist brace to sleep but also whenever my hands start going numb. I was washing bottles yesterday when it happened and I had to stop for a while.

• @sourlemon Thats what I was afraid of.  My sister had it really bad in her pregnancy but she struggled with it prior to being pregnant.  I guess I won't be picking grass for them anymore.  
  • @agpandme the good news is that eventually it did go away both times after delivery. With DD1, it went away within a week (once the swelling all went down). With DD2 it lasted a few months though and that was torture, but it did go away completely. Once it went away each time, it was completely fine until the next pregnancy.

• emqbeeemqbee member
    @oklahomak @sourlemon I’m sorry y’all are dealing with it too. It’s very discouraging. Mine are all down spells too, never the other end of the spectrum. I’ve felt guilty because I haven’t been cooking as much(at all) lately. I finally cooked something my husband had been craving the other night. Made my plate, picked it up and promptly dropped it on the floor. Then I stood there and bawled just looking at it. 
    I haven’t talked to my midwife yet but probably will next time I go in now that you mention it! I would like to have a game plan for PP just in case. 
  • @emqbee Oh no- I've totally done the plate/drop/cry before too. It' a bad feeling. I'm so sorry. Hugs.

I had the single worse case of heartburn I've ever had in my life last night. I've had really minor instances of it a few months ago, but that was it. Last night, it woke me up out of a dead sleep at 12:30 AM and I couldn't get back to bed until 3 AM. I had to get out of bed and sit up, it burned so bad that I was almost in tears. Of course, did I have absolutely any heartburn medicine at home? NOPE. I'm exhausted at work today.
  • emqbeeemqbee member
    Thank you @flagchic ! Hugs back to you on the rough night/heartburn situation. That has been getting worse for me too. Heartburn/acid reflux last night was awful and I, like you, had no meds. Husband ran out and bought some for me tho! But in all fairness. It was not at 12:30am so a little easier to accomplish. I hope you get some better rest tonight!
  • sw1122sw1122 member
    @emqbee - +1 to the mood swings. I've been getting irrationally angry over the smallest things. I almost lost it at a rep at the bank an hour ago and legit started sweating, but instead tried to stay calm and spoke in a tone that probably came off as incredibly condescending. I'm over being pregnant, but I'm not quite prepared yet for a newborn (FTM here). I'm feeling so conflicted. 
  • emqbeeemqbee member
    @sw1122 I feel you on the conflicted-and FTM thing. I have days that I’m loving being pregnant. And other days that I’m so ready to be past this part. But conflicted because I don’t feel like I had the time to prepare because this was not exactly part of the *plan.* (which p.s, I always feel super guilty admitting because 1, I feel like it might make people feel like I love this baby less and 2, I know people like, wait I don’t want to tag the wrong person, have struggled with fertility and I would never want to cause any negative feelings)
    so far I haven’t lost it on anyone...and it’s a miracle because I’d like to. It’s like people are even dumber now that I’m preggo....or I just feel more strongly about pointing it out to them....? I know people have seen and received some very interesting facial expressions. 

Wow that hat was a tangent. Sry guys
  • @oklahomak same. I’m not a crier but this pregnancy...I dunno if I’m just that tired or what but I can’t control it. Even cried in front of one of my coworkers and I’ve never done that ever. She had tears in her eyes watching me cry and that made me feel awful. I will mention to OB tomorrow. DS2 did turn 2 yesterday that could be part of it. I feel like I blinked and he turned 2. 
  • My symptoms lately:
    Back pain, hip pain (both only on right side).
    Peeing literally constantly. 
    Rib pain.
    Growing wide, not just out front.
    Crazy dreams but that's been since the start.
    Also just so so tired, feels like I can't physically do anything, I constantly want to sit or lay down. That's what I get for never exercising ever... 
  • @law_and_little1 It sounds to me like you are pregnant. All the exercise ladies I know including me are going through this same thing. I hope that provides some consolation for the suck. My Doctor says pregnancy is an alien taking over and all kinds of problems come up, but then they all go away when the baby is born. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• I have all the typical 30 weeks pregnant symptoms plus a nasty cough and I’ve had an ongoing tension headache for 2 days. Any good natural remedies for headaches during pregnancy? 
  • Anyone else getting a pregnancy rash - I’ve developed something on my chest (not stomach) - went in to see the doc and he said it was most likely just a pregnancy related rash and all he could do was feel bad for me... while as long at the lo is ok - than I’m fine, these random symptoms are just adding insult to injury - I already feel large and unattractive - now I get this on top of it :( 
  • My pelvis feels like it's being ripped apart on the left side.  Ouuuuch. Can't be comfortable

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• BigBadWolf12BigBadWolf12 member
    edited June 2019

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• I'm 33 weeks 3 days, and I'm peeing at least 2x per night like clock work. It's so annoying. The aches are absolutely real too- I don't even enjoy walking the mall and I LOVE shopping- just because my feet and back and hips hurt.
  • @flagchic I'm a little behind you at 31 weeks 3 days but omg the peeing at night is out of control. Usually I can keep it to twice a night but sometimes I find myself in the bathroom more. What really bothers me is the feeling of a "full" bladder, but then barely peeing at all! Aaargh! 
  • I have all the symptoms y’all have.. am so ready to have this baby and maybe just maybe some of this pain would eventually go away then. The only thing I do not have are swelling and acid reflex. All the above I can totally sympathize with y’all. I put a big complaint on this weeks bitchfest and then seen there was a symptom board.. we can make it though.. one day at a time.