August 2019 Moms

PAIF M/O June 2019

Note: This thread will include discussion of infertility and loss. If these topics are triggering for you, please take care of yourself while reading and posting here.
This thread is for those of us who went through infertility testing and treatments before becoming pregnant. Many of us have had different struggles to get to this place and face different anxiety and concerns now. This thread is for us to support each other, and we hope it will be a safe space. This thread is created every month, given the reduced traffic. Please feel free to post here at any time during that period, whether for good news or bad. Consider this an ongoing conversation. 
This thread is for those who have experienced infertility. The struggles we discuss may or may not apply to those who became pregnant easily. If you have not experienced infertility, please be considerate and sensitive if you feel the need to post in this thread. 

How far along are you?
Any symptoms?
Rant/Rave?
Next appointment?
Questions?

GTKYHave there been any pleasant surprises this pregnancy (e.g. lesser weight gain, fewer cravings, luxurious locks, etc.) that you're going to be sad to see go? Have you stayed in touch with your nurse/doctor/clinic at all with your progress (or is that something you do/have done)?
**History in Spoiler**
Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
   IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
   IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
   FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
   FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
   FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
   FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
   FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
   FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
   FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
   FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

Re: PAIF M/O June 2019

• Loading the player...
  • @MamaK225 Oh no, I'm sorry that you had the vacay from hell. On the IF note, <3<3<3 

@purplg8r Yay for Summer break! I'm excited for you!

How far along are you? 
    30w1d

Any symptoms? 
    Still reflux, emotions ramping back up a bit, discomfort at night

Rant/Rave? 
    My husband got to feel our son kick twice over the weekend after placing his hands on my belly and saying, "Hey buddy, this is your Daddy. Let me know that you're in there." One morning, he got to feel him moving in the bottom left corner and said he felt a little ball like structure moving around. 

Next appointment? I think on 6/17 and gonna allow them to do an u/s. Haven't seen the little guy since 3/28 when we did our AS. 

GTKY: My fertility clinic has received an u/s photo every time we've gotten one. They are super excited to hear about our progress. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• jrm_14jrm_14 member
    How far along are you? 28+3
    Any symptoms? Nausea, vomiting, heartburn, swelling, moodiness, difficulty sleeping, constant dreams 
    Rant/Rave? Rave: MFM kindly switched over to 4d for me today. He was not exactly cooperating though I’m so happy with what I see!
     Rant: None today!
    Next appointment? It was supposed to be next week. However, due to jury duty, I have to reschedule, so I’m 1-2 weeks from now. 
    Questions? How are ya’ll doing with PAIF (/PGAL if applicable) stuff?  I didn’t expect everything to melt away. I’m still so.... sad & feel so guilty. 
    GTKY: Less weight gain than I anticipated, very few cravings, longer/stronger fingernails. 
    I have not had contact with our RE since ~13w when I graduated. I plan to send them local craft doughnuts after I deliver. 
  • @jrm_14 Hugs <3 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI

• I agree with everything @wabash15 said, @jrm_14. There is a sweet, happy (not quite euphoric, but close) lull for a long time after you get that baby in your arms. The sting of a missed EDD (from loss or failed FET/IVF attempt) becomes less and less and nearly disappears over time. It's only when/if you "try again" that it can rear its ugly head and - at that time - it can be pretty intense because you really do "forget" it all from before and have to revisit/make it through some of those feelings again. And, with enough perseverance and/or luck, you get to hold another dear baby in your arms and it all melts away again <3

**History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• I saw someone send these to their RE after. Debating if my dr would think it’s funny or not

• They're probably so used to gifts like this @purplg8r. It's my plan to send a ovary and uterus plus pillow to ours along with his favorite bottle of liquor. I'm thinking now it would be good to send some good donuts to his staff too. Go for it! 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• jrm_14jrm_14 member
    @wabash15 @mamak225 @suzycupcake Thanks for all the kind words 💜

@purplg8r I love those!  Surely your RE would see the humor