August 2019 Moms

FFFC 6/7

2»

Re: FFFC 6/7

• Loading the player...
  • jrm_14jrm_14 member
    @thirdtimesacharm2019 Ha!  I had on my judgey pants thinking you meant parking stalls!  

@avrilmai They didn’t send me that email!  Off to find my thank you list.....
  • So on the sticky topic. My kids rarely get juice or other treats but still end up sticky all the time. They eat a lot of granola bara and crackers in the car so my car is always disgusting. Their carseats are far worse than any of our strollers. After 6 years of parenting I purchased a car trash can and keep a small pack of wipes with it...best decision ever. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited June 2019
    Lol @Allycat11 My husband saw this commercial recently of a Dad in a van with kids. Apparently, there was a built in vacuum cleaner and he got excited. 

Eta: Another FFFC. At my last prenatal appointment, the Midwife looked at my belly and asked me if I'm sure there aren't two babies in there after she just found one heartbeat on doppler. She can see my medical chart. I pretended to be dumb and acted like I didn't understand her question. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• aukeevaukeev member
    @wabash15 This has been one of my discoveries  >:) So far I have a ring sling, an Ergobaby and a Moby wrap...
  • jrm_14jrm_14 member
    @oklahomak I plan to post an article on social media about visiting newborns. No f’s given. 
    I plan to wear baby a lot. 
    aAs for feeding, if BFing works out, I can’t decide if I’ll have my boobs put & hope people are uncomfortable & leave or if I’ll spend endless time feeding in private in the nursery to get away. 
  • aukeevaukeev member
    edited June 2019
    @jrm_14 The comments on that Owlet article are gold, especially farther down!

I realize I probably sound like a horrible/mean person trying to keep anyone from seeing my baby. That's not [completely] the case. I'm thrilled to have close family and friends around, we just live in small town and people don't understand etiquette when it comes to visiting. We probably have people drop in unannounced 1-2 times a week now, and I just assume that will pick up tremendously when the baby is here. I'm fine with visitors after we've been home for a couple of days, but I'm the type of person who needs notice for those type of things. I love hosting and entertaining if we know to expect you and I have time to be dressed/have the house "guest ready."

And who knows, maybe I won't freak out as much as I'm anticipating when people touch the baby's face and hands or kiss him, but imagining those scenarios now gives me anxiety. It also doesn't help that I know exactly what my face is going to look like when those things happen.
  • jrm_14jrm_14 member
    @oklahomak I hadn’t read the comments lol. Those are great. 
  • @Avrilmai - With each post, I swear you are my secret long-lost twin. My mom is also going to be the most difficult, but I also do NOT hesitate to clearly express myself. And GOOD GOD - what is it with the flippin' perfume!? :D 

FFMC - I don't like second-guessing myself when communicating (see above: very clear communicator without pretense) to ensure I'm not hurting "others feelings" when they're clearly being inconsiderate of mine (or my workload). I *just* got back from some time off, don't just pop in my office unannounced. Or send mysterious "hey" messages on the Company messenger system when I don't know you from Adam. And also, don't ask me to make exceptions so that I then have to keep track of your reasoning(s): if it ain't in the system, it ain't the truth.  I'm about to be out for the better part of 3 months and it's inconsiderate to have me ask someone who will be filling in (in addition to all the crap he does) to keep track of your "one-off" bullshit. We JUST spent $3MM on (and 4 months implementing) this system, USE IT. #nofucksgiven
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• Ummm....I accidentally stole a car today at work....😬
  • jrm_14jrm_14 member
    edited June 2019
    @chillycanadian Ohhhhh what type of cake?!

@suzycupcake My favorite was “His penis is fine.” 😹. And “Why is she shouting?” “She’s a great grandmother. She probably doesn’t know how to fix the caps lock on her computer.“
  • FFMC - I'm praying this damn Pepcid hurries up and works so I can sleep. I had sushi (tempura California roll) and two thimbles (?) of sake at dinner tonight and it's threatening to come up. No RAGRETS.

Note: it's not about reflux that's bothering me. I was finished with dinner by 6:15. It's that my digestion is now sooooo slow and the esophageal flap no longer works (thanks, relaxin!) that I really *should* eat a teeny, tiny meal - at most - for dinner unless I want to be miserable. The Pepcid is just to keep me from burping so that there isn't a threat of vomit as I try to lie down :# 
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• @jrm_14 an Oreo chocolate cake haha. I tried writing on it with icing. It melted off. So it looks terrible 😂 
    He brought it back with a note that says "you're a terrible car thief" 😂