August 2019 Moms

Weekly bitchfest 6/3

13»

Re: Weekly bitchfest 6/3

• @Allycat11 - I wish I could help, truly.  Please keep us updated as you get answers.  Thinking of you. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • @allycat11 I hope you start feeling better soon and that DH steps up a little more. no one should have to take themselves to the ER.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Loading the player...
  • The majority of my office is either on PTO or working from home today. Why in the world am I here? 
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    TTC #1 5/13 BFP #3 5/2/14 DD born 1/19/15
    NTNP #2 8/17 BFP 12/13/18 ED 8/21/19
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @chillycanadian That's so scary! Glad baby is doing well. Hopefully they figure out what caused the bleeding. 
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @chillycanadian, omg. I was literally just thinking about you because I thought you had a check up today. I’m so sorry and can’t even imagine how scary that must have been. I am so glad baby is doing well and just wanted to give you a scare. Keep us updated and I hope everything is ok. Thinking of you! 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• @chillycanadian so sorry to hear about the scare! PGAL brain plus all the bleeding you’ve dealt with this pregnancy has to be really testing you. You are incredibly strong!! So glad to hear everything is okay so far. 
  • jrm_14jrm_14 member
    @chillycanadian @allycat11 Holy crap, Batman. Hope you both have a better weekend than you’ve had last few days!  
  • @chillycanadian hugs, that is super scary. So glad the baby looks good.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• We only take one vacation per year and it’s next week. I made the reservations months ago and I’ve been super stoked because I was crazy sick on our vacation last summer and couldn’t enjoy anything but laying in bed. 

I’ve been watching the forecast for the past week and it’s gone from bad to worse. 60-90% chance of rain daily. And not just the afternoon pop up kind (according to the weather channel). 

I have until Sunday to cancel with full refund, but I’ve checked the forecast for “drivable” beaches and they all are calling for lots of rain. I can’t think of anywhere else I’d like to go as my mobility is so limited (hiking/camping/long walking tours are definitely out). 

I’m trying really hard to look on the bright side that it cannot possibly rain the whole time, but I’m also being realistic that if it does I’ll be stuck in a tiny (expensive) hotel room with two bored kids. 

I can’t change weeks because of my work schedule plus I don’t want to travel any closer to baby. This is going to be my last week more than 20 minutes away from the hospital. 

Ugh. I feel like a brat, but I just want sunshine on my vacation 😞. 
  • @chillycanadian - I'm so sorry you had to deal with that.  You've been through so much!! We're thinking of you. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • @chillycanadian omg that is terrifying! i am praying for both of you. 

Also, thanks for the love and support everyone. I felt a tiny bit better last night before bed, until i woke up sick in the middle of the night again. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• @aecm no helpful tests. They did basic blood work wbc was normal, showed Im anemic...which we knew but wouldn't cause this. I thought for sure the first night it was food poisoning because of the sudden aggressive onset with no other symptoms, and I felt like my take out the night before may have been questionable. On day 5, nope, not from food. I have no other signs of illness whatsoever. This afternoon I called my OB office for the 3rd or 4th time to be like "hey seriously guys, this isnt good, what do we do?" Waiting to hear back. 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• @Allycat11 ugg sorry its still dragging on. I hope they get back to you soon
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @Allycat11 not that you are anywhere near where I live, but yesterday the doctor (DDs pediatrician) mentioned to me that there is a really nasty stomach virus going around parts of the country and we were one hot spot of it. Symptoms were vomiting and runny poops up to 10 or so times a day and they were seeing it last a week in some patients with weakened immune systems (which we definitely fall into). Maybe it's something like that? Not sure how you'd even know though.
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• @chillycanadian omg sorry for the huge scare!  Glad baby is doing OK <3

@aecm Sorry for the bad test results :'(

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• @aecm If you aren’t already try taking the prenatal just before bed with a light snack. 
  • aecmaecm member
    @thirdtimesacharm2019 - yeah, I was already taking it before bed. I found I was waking up nauseous in the morning. I know I should take it with food, but then I get heartburn when I lay down. 🙄 Not sure why pregnancy has to make everything so stinking difficult. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @aecm can you try a different brand of vitamin with iron? I have found that the soft gels work better for me than the hard pills. Also, make sure to stay hydrated during your 3 hiur glucose test. During your 2 hours did they use too big of a needle or something? You could try requesting a smaller needle
  • Getting the TB shot at this point in pregnancy is just mean. My body is uncomfortable enough as it is, I don’t need to deal with a hurt arm on top of it. 
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Allycat11 how are you feeling this evening?  And I agree—you need yo back in for more tests.  Something’s not right. 

@chillycanadian oh how scary!!  I’m glad everything was ok!

@thirdtimesacharm2019 where are you going next week?  We’re going on our babymoon close to Naples and we have the same forecast of rain all day instead of just in the afternoon 
  • @chillycanadian I know that has to be nerve racking. I hope things start looking up soon. 

@purplg8r I looked into some alternative beaches today and apparently the whole southeast coast is socked in for rain next week 🙄. So we are going. And we will have fun, or so DH says... 
  • cato99cato99 member
    @chillycanadian wow what a scare! Stay in there and keep cooking, baby! I hope you get some answers, and hopefully you can take it VERY easy in the coming weeks (even if you don’t get put on bed rest). 

@thirdtimesacharm2019 looking forward to such limited time off and then having it torpedoed by the weather is such a drag. It’s probably too last minute but maybe you can find a super kid friendly hotel with some activities? A couple of hotels I was looking at for (my abandoned plan of) babymoon had “summer camp” options for kids and maybe they have rain contingency plans. And if not, at the very least you’ll be in a hotel away from household responsibilities and can do a few days of rental movies and restaurant meals!
  • @cato99 That’s what DH said, at least there won’t be any of the responsibilities of home. I just checked the forecast and the rain percentage has come down slightly! 
  • @thirdtimesacharm2019, I empathize. We are on our beach long weekend and the weather is crap. So much rain and wind. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

•  @thirdtimesacharm2019 any indoor pools/ ymca’s nearby?  Maybe an indoor water park?  
  • @becks68 We thought about Great Wolf Lodge when we were originally planning the vacation, but the idea of being trapped inside with a bunch of loud kids isn’t my idea of a relaxing vacation (although I’m sure the kids would love it). The beach seems to be that common ground where the kids can have fun and I can relax. We have decided to stick with the plan and be on standby to enjoy the outdoors when the weather breaks. 
  • aecmaecm member
    @Beauxbaton I took one of my old pre-natal tablets with iron last night b/c I had them hanging around, and the nausea wasn’t too horrible this morning...but if it gets bad I’ll definitely consider a switch to a soft-gel. Ive tried a few varieties of tablets and they’ve all caused some form of nausea. As far as the blood draws, my veins are just deep and small. Eventually they did switch to a smaller needle and got what they needed out of my hand. 

@chillycanadian Even a placental tear sounds scary. Hope you get it all figured out soon!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @EmilyA724 Right!? It cut my 2 sleeping position options in half.  It hurts too much to lay on that arm.  My husband jokingly said I was whining LOL.  Well I am whining, so what.  :P 
  • @dogmomma096 wow. What an inappropriate comment. Everyone gains different amounts at different times during pregnancy so comments about weight drive me crazy unless the doctor has a legitamite cause for concern. 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• aukeevaukeev member
    I was out Thursday and Friday for a conference and TB is a nightmare on my phone. I feel like I've missed so much!

@Allycat11 So sorry you're having to deal with all of that. Hopefully it doesn't stick around long and you start feeling normal again soon! No one needs additional discomfort this late in pregnancy when everything already is making us miserable physically. 

@chillycanadian Oh goodness. So so so sorry for the panic the bleeding must have caused! I wish there was a better solution. Keep us updated on your follow-up scan and appointment! 

@dogmomma096 What a bitch! I wish you had asked her how much she's gained since your last appointment. People are the worst and I will never understand why people assume pregnant women's bodies are open for inappropriate discussion/remarks.
  • wabash15wabash15 member
    edited June 2019
    @dogmomma096

How Rude GIF

ETA: WTH TB... you deleted my entire comment to @allycat11
       @Allycat11 I would have been tempted to pull the pregnancy card and say you couldn't walk any further and thats where you were sitting. What a TW
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx