August 2019 Moms

Weekly bitchfest 6/3

Re: Weekly bitchfest 6/3

• @flagchic Wow that’s incredibly rude. Not to mention, who would care to do a tour if they weren’t pregnant? Such an unnecessary comment, I’m sorry that happened.
  • @flagchic You aren't showing even a slight bump about 8 weeks away from giving birth?
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Loading the player...
  • @suzycupcake I'm not speaking for @flagchic because idk why she isn't showing, but I'm definitely a heavy person and I'm 29 weeks and could definitely pass as not pregnant. And even when I am more bloated or I accenture the belly, its still probably a "is she pregnant or is she fat" situation for other people. I probably could have hidden this entire pregnancy so far if I wanted to.
  • @Allycat11 I don’t feel comfortable leaving my 10yr old son outside the bathroom at the supermarket nevermind at a pool, wth is wrong with people? 

@flagchic that’s so rude. She’s awful and should be reported. 

My BF.. my back is killing me. I decide to take a bath and the plug isn’t working. I can’t get the water above my belly—wahhh
    also DS2 Birthday is Tuesday, we planned a family party at the house the following Saturday. MH has just told me he’s invited the whole block. Wtf are you talking about? I don’t want all these people here. 
  • @Beauxbaton saaaaame. Strangers just think I’m big, and with the right clothes (flowy top), nobody can tell the difference.
  • @flagchic you look great!! I’m 5’11” and also carry small/don’t noticeably show until much later in the pregnancy— I’m definitely showing more prominently this time around than I did with DS— with that pregnancy people were still unsure and too nervous to ask at 35 weeks haha. Different bodies just carry differently! 
  • @flagchic you look great! That lady at the hospital should really have kept her mouth shut. Everyone's bodies are so different. Between all 4 pregnancies I've been asked a total of 1 time by a stranger when I was due. And it was 3 days after my due date with DS1, if that doesnt explain how not pregnant I can look then idk what does haha.
  • Totally not important, but I need to whine for a minute. DS2 was due 8/15 and this baby is due 8/12, so they are practically on the same timeline. It’s been fun to watch FB memories pop up as we are going through the same stages. My memory for today was scheduling DS2’s c-section date (which would have been at his 30 week appointment), but I’m pretty sure they said they won’t schedule this kid until the appointment at 35 or 36 weeks (same doctor). 

It honestly does not matter because DS2 didn’t make it to his date and I doubt this one will either. But I’m a control freak and a planner and I want a drop dead date (helpful for planning big kid care and last day of work... May also help my sanity as I am ready to meet this baby!!). 

End of crazy lady rant. 
  • @thirdtimesacharm2019 all my kids are no where near the same birth months, but I do remember getting the RCS scheduled for DD2 at the 30 week appointment. My 30 week appointment is next week and I'm just hoping to get a date...I totally forgot to ask last week. I made it to the scheduled date with DD2, but that took 5 overnight - 3 night visits in the hospital to stop preterm labor. I have some doubts I'll make it that far this time though with the risks and complications I have going on.
    But I still want the date so I can plan! I have a spreadsheet with my time off work plan and some of it all depends on when it will be scheduled and how long the doctors will say I need to take off. Without those two key pieces of information, I dont know how much advanced sick leave I will qualify for so planning for anything beyond the standard 8 weeks post c section is almost useless. I'm hoping that either the OB or my cardiologist will write the note for 10 or 12 weeks just because the risk with my heart condition is extremely high for the first 3 months.
    Also, I'd just like to have a "longest possible" countdown!
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• @sourlemon That’s what I love about this board. You think you’re all “crazy pregnant lady” and then there’s another person thinking the same thing! 

I made a spreadsheet to keep up with time off/make up time for this month because I have so many appointments. We can work extra hours in the same week so we don’t have to use so much annual leave. 
  • @flagchic You look AMAZING!! 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • @thirdtimesacharm2019 I wish I could do the make up hours thing but my job doesnt allow it at all. My boss used to allow it "under the table" so to speak, but the whole command has cracked down in the last year.
    Life is also just nuts right now so I'm not sure I'd find the time to do it. Seems like 3 days a week I'm rushing to get a kid from daycare and to swim lessons or dance, 1 day a week I have a doctors appointment, and sometimes the other day one of the kids has an appointment. I'd say I'm excited for it to calm down, but I dont think it will ever calm down! Especially with adding another kid!!!

• @heml Honestly nothing I didn't ask or learn about during the Labor Class. I just wanted to see the layout of the rooms and the tubs/showers so I can visualize the process, LOL. The biggest takeaway were the security measures that they have (the bracelets, the electronic monitor on baby's ankle that locks down the whole unit if they get close to a door, etc.) so that part was interesting. 
  • I'm having a really difficult time mentally. My kids are so loud all the time. And there is never really a break from it. And everything I do is met by complaining and whining from them. It takes them HOURS to clean up one room of toys. And the constant random noise is mind numbing. My daughter doesn't just ask for things, she screams for things. She starts crying to ask for something before actually asking for it like I've ignored her for an hiur or have already told her no. She has a scream that I swear could wake the dead. And nothing in the house is clean. There's never really a break. And when there is some sort of break it doesn't help because I always know what's waiting for me when I come home. I know kids are just kids and they're loud, but omg I can't handle it. And on top of all of that when I lay down I can't  breathe. So my sleep has been complete shit and I'm so so tired.
  • @Beauxbaton sorry you are having a hard time. I feel ya...my kids are driving me crazy too. The later in this pregnancy, the less patience I have with them. Can you get away at all? Hire a babysitter to come to your house for a few hours a week just so you can go take a nap or a bath or just sit in a different room / the car and enjoy the quiet?

• @Beauxbaton I’m not a SAHM, so I won’t pretend to understand what you are going through, but sometimes my kids are too much - usually when my husband isn’t home - and I’ll put on headphones for a bit and listen to music. They look so much cuter when I can’t hear them. Or when they get all ape shit argumentative in the car I crank the tunes. They don’t stop, but at least I can manage. 
  • @Beauxbaton I don't have kids but I do have a crap ton of dogs and I can totally relate to being annoyed with their every movement.  I swear my dogs have become deaf and don't listen to a word.   They run around like hooligans, can't walk in the house, can't wait for a door to be opened, can't stop barking at every little thing, they don't sit still. They want to be on the couch not their nice comfy dog bed.  They want to take their dog food right out of your hands.  I didn't raise them to be this unruly but I'm about to hand out some spankings if they don't get a hold of themselves (joking sort of).  I can't imagine them being actual humans that can talk back.  My niece screams for things and it takes all of my will power to not tell her to shut up in the kindest way possible. 
  • cato99cato99 member
    @Beauxbaton that sounds so rough. Just hugs. And I know your breaks aren’t super useful because of that dreaded return to status quo, but I second making it a priority to carve some time out for yourself, because when the newborn comes THEN it’s really nonstop! Since summer is starting and schools are getting out, maybe there’s some inexpensive babysitting you can score from a high school student? And just get some time to yourself to get a pedicure or massage, or do a workout, or take yourself to lunch alone. It can feel hard to justify that self indulgence but you’re really in the final stretch of pregnancy and could use some pampering. 
  • emqbeeemqbee member
    @flagchic holy crap, what a bitch! 
  • @Beauxbaton <3 

@flagchic Really sorry for adding to your pain. I honestly didn't know. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI

• Oh @Beauxbaton , I'm so sorry. That sounds absolutely exhausting and tough for ANYONE to handle. You are strong and you got this.

@suzycupcake It's all good! This is my first and expected to show a whole lot more, I'm just as surprised as anyone else.
  • @Beauxbaton, so many hugs. Can your H watch the kids while you have a day to yourself to relax? 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• emqbeeemqbee member
    @Beauxbaton I have to agree with everyone else...it’s so important for you to set aside some time for you. You can’t give from an empty cup, yours has to be refilled too. I agree, either leave hubby on duty with kids while you do something for you, or hire a babysitter so you can have a little escape. 
  • H does watch them probably more than most people's husband's. He's always like "go rest " and I try but I can hear them from literally every room in the house. And DD will scream for me. And literally nothing gets done around the house if I don't do it. When I leave the house to go do something I just got so worn out so fast that nothing is super enjoyable. 
  • @Beauxbaton hang in there mama! I can definitely relate. DD was built without a slow speed or a quiet button. She whines nonstop and has a shriek that could wake the dead. DS is usually super chill but he is 3 and learning to test boundries which is challenging. He currently fights back almost everything. Our house is a disaster because I can't keep up on it, DH is a terrible housekeeper and the kids are not helpful at all in that department. I know it is easier said than done but self care is soooo important, whether it is taking a quick walk, grabbing coffee with a friend, carving out a bit of time to read a good book, etc... This could very well just be normal frustration but if it seems like it is getting worse, is neverending or you are in anyway concerned please get help. When I was pregnant with DS my frustrations with DD were out of hand and it made me realize I was struggling with anxiety and depression. Zoloft and therapy make me a much better mom, wife, friend, person in general. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• @Beauxbaton I swear by earplugs and noise-cancelling headphones. I sleep incredibly light, any little sound wakes me up. I've slept with earplugs for the last year and a half since my husband started snoring; I would have killed him without it. It's a worthwhile investment so you can truly enjoy "YOU" time!
  • @Allycat11 I’m so sorry. I would be ready to kill MH, especially because that seems like something he would do. Did you get any answers from the ER? 
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    TTC #1 5/13 BFP #3 5/2/14 DD born 1/19/15
    NTNP #2 8/17 BFP 12/13/18 ED 8/21/19
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @EmilyA724 no real answers. I was very dehydrated and have lost 4 pounds in a week (I have plenty to spare but that should not happen). They gave me an iv with fluids and zofran and said to go home and rest, drink fluids and take zofran as needed...what I have been doing...and come back if it persists. They did basic bloodwork but nothing to check for liver or kidney function and did not check for protein in urine, which could cause this. 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• hemlheml member
    @Allycat11 I’m so sorry that you feel like absolute sh*t with no explanation. Hoping the IV fluids and meds help and YH gets it together! 
  • @Allycat11 Your blood pressure was good? Ugh. Sorry. Sometimes a spouse just doesn't get it when the other one is suffering and can seem so selfish. I also hope he gets it together soon. Hugs. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• @suzycupcake yep, blood pressure was normal. Heart rate was a bit high though. If blood pressure was high I definitely would have pushed for more tests. 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Omg @Allycat11, I would have killed him. He needs to step up, especially in a situation like that. You should not have had to drive yourself to the hospital. I really hope you can start feeling better soon. Can your OB request more tests to figure out WTF is going on? Maybe gallbladder issues? I know I read that it becomes more of an issue while pregnant. 

• @AKuzReve so far she doesnt feel the need to run more tests. i am tempted to call again today. The sudden onset and severity are so strange to me. 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• @Allycat11, I would. I absolutely can’t stand when doctors brush off people in such situations. How hard is it to at least check and make sure everything is ok? I would call until she took me seriously because it’s not acceptable. You’re pregnant and so sick! Even if it is nothing, at least some other advice than do what you’ve been doing, when it’s not working!