August 2019 Moms

Take Home Outfits

2»

Re: Take Home Outfits

• agpandmeagpandme member
    edited June 2019
    I was just thinking about this :D So exciting!  I love all your ideas! Some are so elaborate and thoughtful. I wish I was like that. 

For now I have set aside a little one piece with illustrated foxes all over it.  I'm keeping my eye out for a better idea. Our drive home is super short, 2.5 miles, 7 minutes, wham bam thank you mam.  I can't wait to bring him home and snuggle <3
  • I only wash new clothes until the kid is about 3 months old. Anything size 6mo and up is fine right off the hanger. Both my kids and myself have pretty sensitive skin, but no one has had any issue with new clothes after about that 3 month point. With DD1, I didnt wash one item...just one item...and she got blisters (it was socks and the blisters were only on her feet, so we determined it was the never-washed effect). But she's always been the most sensitive.
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Loading the player...
  • aecmaecm member
    @lovelikestardust Tide has a scent free / dye free option called Tide Free & Clear. Comes in a white bottle. Like other ppl have being saying, we just use it for all our loads now.

@purplg8r - I can’t tell completely from the picture, but does it have legs? I love little gowns at home for newborns (so easy to access for diaper changes!) but they are a huge pain for the car seat. Which is the same point @EmilyA724 made about the MIL outfit @dogmomma096 posted about. 

Add me to the list of STMs that don’t wash new baby clothing before putting it on the first time 🙋🏻‍♀️ (unless it’s second-hand...but if it’s second-hand from someone I know, and I know they washed it before passing it along...I still don’t wash it 😂). 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @Beauxbaton Add me to the chemically sensitive and sensitive skin club. I'll be using Mollys suds laundry soap and added mostly organic clothing options to my registry for his tiny baby phase just in case he ended up with my ginger genes :) 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• I wash all the clothes.  I'm not chemically sensitive, but I don't like thinking of where that piece of clothing might have been before I got it.  
  • jrm_14jrm_14 member
    @loveslikestardust  We switched to a free & clear version, and intend to use the same laundry detergent for everybody. So. Much. Easier. 

@purplg8r I think it will be fine if the car is “pre-cooled.”  Like someone else said, they say to put babies in 1 more later than yourself. Super cute!!!!

@dogmomma096 I would probably say I wanted her first pictures to be be in that outfit so I could pick out my own going home ;) 

• jrm_14jrm_14 member
    edited June 2019
    We have a custom made hat from the link below. I love it!!!! 
    There are a couple of options for take home outfits. 
    Option 1: A onesie I had made at the beginning of our first treatment cycle with an RE

Option 2: A SUPER soft & fluffy outfit that was a gift from a close family friend. 

Option 3: The bottom unties to allow for it to be worn easily in a car seat. PSA: LouLou & Company clothes seem super amazing!!!!  The swaddle gowns are also awesome. Several people I know say they swaddle the best/most securely. The knitted gowns like this are great for easy diaper changes & have built in hand muffs. 

^the color was super difficult to capture. Stock photo of the color:

• @Beauxbaton what an awesome tattoo theme! Also I love Disney! 

I plan to get state/country flowers tatted for each kid. I already have Dogwood blossoms for my home state, then will add to it. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @Beauxbaton, I love that tattoo theme. I’ve already been thinking out a tattoo to honour him but that’ll come after the one I was supposed to get in January. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• @aevan011 here's a Google pic of it. 

DS also had the little lamb booties/slippers that it looks like your son is wearing in the pic you shared lol

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• @BigBadWolf12 oh, nope this one was the one we bought! 
    I love foxes so much. I was so sad this didn’t fit him!

the lamb stuff seemed super neutral for team green! 
  • emqbeeemqbee member
    Regarding the outfits that won’t work for the car seat, did any of you guys use those as opposed to regular onesies much at all? Is it really better for the little stump or did you guys notice any issues with the regular ole onesies and sleepers?
  • @emqbee I found the gowns are easier with tiny ones because you will be changing a lot of diapers. 
  • @emqbee I personally used the gowns often in the first month or two. DH surprisingly put DS in them as often as he could, he loved the ease of diaper changes. 

That being said, we found that the stump wasn’t as fragile as you’d think, and we dressed DS however we wanted. All the clothing was super soft and as long as it’s not super tight, the stump was fine. 
  • emqbeeemqbee member
    Thank you ladies! 
  • We used the gowns more with DD1 because NB clothes were super baggy (but preemie was too small) so it was easier to just use the gowns. Also it was summer and I felt the gowns helped keep her cooler when we were at home (we didnt have AC, only a swamp cooler). With DD2, we barely used the gowns because I felt like she wasnt warm enough. It wasnt any more difficult to change a onesie than it was to change a gown. Not sure how we will handle it this time around. DH doesnt like the gowns as much because he feels they arent as cute and funnily enough, he's more picky on the baby clothes than I am.
    But, the cord stump never seemed to be an issue for either kid so far. You just have to be a little careful not to tug on it when getting them dressed, regardless of the type of outfit.

• emqbeeemqbee member
    Thank you @sourlemon ! I've been paranoid about causing pain etc with the stump so that's really good to hear :)
  • @emqbee I dont think it ever hurt her, but we did catch the stump once while changing DD1 and it started bleeding a little bit. She didnt seem to care one bit or even flinch, but the blood freaked us out (then stained the onesie). We mentioned it to the doctor at her next checkup and he wasnt concerned about the bleeding since it stopped pretty fast - it was more like picking a scab type of bleed, not the actual cord being opened.

• It's Interesting how different things are here compared to the states. For example, we don't get hospital tours... Also based on what I was learning on here, I figured baby clothes at the hospital was a thing. But it's not. They tell you to bring several changes of clothes for baby, in case you are there for a few days. (In the NICU babies are just in diapers, but on nomal side, sounds like you just use clothes from home. So now I'm justified in bringing several options for take home outfit haha
  • aecmaecm member
    @chillycanadian You’re in a whole different world up there 😔. My parents were blown away when they came to visit me in the hospital with DD. They were literally taking pictures of my room and sending it to their physician friends (including an OB) back at home.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @chillycanadian our hospital only has little white shirts for babies. So sure it's technically clothing, I still bring several outfits for baby. Me and H have always announced the birth while still in the hospital and I prefer the baby to be in actual clothing and cleaned up for the first picture we post. Also our hospital has a newborn photographer that comes to each room to offer optional photos. So I bring an outfit or two for that. I just prefer clothes other than the little white shirt.
  • If everything goes well with birth, you leave the hospital/birth center in 2-3 hours here. It is sooooooo different than North America that it’s crazy. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• @AKuzReve That’s crazy! I probably won’t be out of recovery in 2-3 hours. I have a hard time warming back up. If our insurance companies had their way we’d probably all be having home births with a midwife again anyway. 
  • @aecm ooo!! Sounds fancy! Maybe some of you ladies can share room pictures after? Providing anyone even has time to think about it lol

@Beauxbaton yea that's a good point! Gotta have a cute outfit for pictures! And for visitors ..I am happy doing skin to skin when it's us, but I don't necessarily want everyone else cuddling the naked/diaper baby...

@AKuzReve wow! That's.... fascinating! I'm all for not staying long in the hospital, though I can only imagine how utterly exhausted one still is, 2 hours after labour and delivery! I wonder if I'll be able to walk, let alone physically get out of  the hospital 😂
  • @aecm so I just went and looked on Etsy again. It doesn’t show a full picture but says gown so I’m guessing no legs I messaged the seller to see if I could buy another one that’s a onesie or has legs. 

• @AKuzReve That’s nice to have the help at home. 
  • Sweden also has midwives as the main/default plan and only refer to an OB if high risk.  But vaginal deliveries usually stay one night and c/s stay 2 nights... unless there is a reason to stay longer.  I've heard of vaginal births leaving earlier/same day but that's not the norm.  They do the first baby appointment at home,  but other than that we go to the children's health centre. But only healthy kids are allowed in the children's health Centre. For sickness you go to a standard Health Centre.

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• aecmaecm member
    @BigBadWolf12 - I do like the idea of sick kids going to a different place than kids that’s are healthy and just need their regular check-ups and vaccines. I feel like my kid is about to contract a plague every time I take her to the pediatrician!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I’m taking two outfits since I’m not sure if our baby girl will fit into NB size or 0-3months. Also it’s going to be really hot over 100 in August. Good thing we have AC! Our drive home is about 15 mins, so that’s a plus!