Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Sleep training Cry it out method

i got this booked called healthy sleep habits, healthy child. It explains how exctintion( cry it out) method seems to be the most effective and fast way to sleep train. My son is 9 months old. Today is day two. The first night he woke up once and cried for 45 minutes and then I didn’t hear from him until 6:30 am. Last night was worse! He woke up several times but cried for about 5 minutes except at the same time as night one he cried for almost an hour. 
My quesrion is, did it get worse before it got better for you?
do you think I should feed him at 1 since that has been the waking time both nights and he longest cry time?
did your baby seem sad and tired the second day? He has hasn’t been his happy self today and it’s making me so upset! 

Re: Sleep training Cry it out method

• Options
    I did this and it deff was horible the first two days but then got better... i do pick a time during the night normally around 3-4 n change n nurse him. However since crying it out he now goes to bed awake n easily most days and night other then when his teeth hurt him.
  • Options
    I did the cry it out method at 6 months. But it took a week. Because I would let him cry for 5 minutes then go to him change his bum THEN feed him. And the next night I did 10 minutes. And then 15 minutes. It took 5 nights. But we made it! But now my little guy is 10 months and wakes up once a night to be changed and a quick bottle anywhere between 11pm to 2am. But I will take that over multiple times waking up a night any day.