Group 2 Check In (DD 12/9-12/16) WO 6/3

EDD/Weeks + Days: 

FTM/STM/TTM+: 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: 

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten?

Re: Group 2 Check In (DD 12/9-12/16) WO 6/3

• EDD/Weeks + Days: 12W1D

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: BLUE

Upcoming Appointments: June 19

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): I have been feeling pretty good the last couple of weeks, just starting to get headaches, back aches 

Rants/Raves: I bought some Strawberry Perrier to give a try... It better be good, I am suffering from not having a summer drink.

Questions:

GTKY: What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten? I am not very adventurous with food. Oysters or Frog Legs are probably as crazy as I have ever gotten. 
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: dec 12, 12w4d

FTM/STM/TTM+: stm

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: we believe team blue, NIPT testing done this week so we should have confirmation in a week or so

Upcoming Appointments: wed is my NT scan and getting the NIPT test done

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): I feel like I constantly have a headache and am exhausted all the time. 

Rants/Raves: the amount of time between appointments sucks. I think we should be able to get ultrasounds whenever we want to calm our nerves. That’s my impatience coming out while I wait for Wednesday 

Questions: nope

GTKY: What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten? Hmm probably tongue and pigeon, both while in China. 
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: December 10th, 13 weeks 

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM- 2 year old DD 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Finding out- just had my blood drawn for the NIPT yesterday

Upcoming Appointments: Had my NT scan yesterday- everything looked great :) And my SCH is gone!!! 

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): Sore boobs, increasing discharge- My back was sore the past couple days. I am starting to crave milk which is a similar craving that I had my last pregnancy. 

Rants/Raves: I am just so happy we had a good NT scan, I was very nervous and just one more hurdle we have crossed! I am starting to be more positive about this pregnancy. 

Questions: Still deciding if I am going to do the SMA carrier screen- I probably will now that I have thought more about it but not 100% sure. 

GTKY: What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten? I have eaten a lot of weird things- snails, frog legs, alligator, fried bull testicles. I am pretty food adventurous! 
  • @ale9687 TONGUE OF WHAT? Eww I mean I see them use Cow Tongue on the Food Network often, but that grosses me out. 

@Spartanrd4 YAY FOR SCH BEING GONE!!!! 

• EDD/Weeks + Days: December 14, 12 weeks, 3 days

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Finding out! Getting super anxious to get this NIPT results...they should be in any day now!

Upcoming Appointments: June 27

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): Good, overall! Back hurts a little, but that's nothing new, considering I've had chronic back pain the past couple of years after a car accident at the end of 2016. Otherwise, no nausea, energy is back, things are good.

Rants/Raves: I need to give a shout out to my amazing husband...long story short, we have a very difficult relationship with his mother and brother. There's a lot of dysfunction on his side of the family, a lot of meanness and pettiness, and we're pretty sure some undiagnosed mental illness between the two of them, based on their actions and words. This week they both reared their ugly heads--his brother asking for money, his mother making snide, mean comments about our unborn child (!!!). He stood up for us and our family, shutting the both of them down. I don't know how this is going to end, but I'm so proud of him. Personally, after the past two days' events, I've blocked them both from my phone and e-mail for the time being. But he's wonderful, and he puts up with so much crap from them, and I'm just so damn proud of how awesome he is--I honestly don't know how he turned out so wonderful being raised in that environment with those two.

Questions: How do you deal with awful inlaws? Especially after the baby is born? Right now we have distance on our side (they're in New Hampshire, we're in Virginia), but eventually, I know they're going to want to meet the baby...any advice?

GTKY: What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten? Kangaroo when I went to Australia as a kid. It kind of tastes like steak.
  • @Spartanrd4 YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY for SCH being GONE! So happy for you!
  • Oh, and I have one more rave! WE FOUND A DAYCARE! I didn't know going into this how INSANE wait lists are, but we got into a nice one that has availability around the same time I'll be getting off maternity leave. We submitted our paperwork and a deposit, they accepted us, and we OFFICIALLY have a spot being held for Baby McManus! I'm stoked.
  • @klmcguire I think it was cow lol but really can’t say for sure. 

@rjgmcmanus first, so sorry you’re dealing with in-law drama! My MIL is difficult as well. You can put some stipulations in place before they visit the baby, and since they’re so far away they probably won’t know that these “rules” are only for them. I know it’s mean, but if they’re toxic you don’t need that negative energy around. When my MIL came to visit us in the hospital with DS she walked in hysterical crying (not happy tears), didn’t ask how I was at all, started talking about how her father was dying (he wasn’t and is still alive) and then was hounding my husband that he looked tired and is he taking vitamins. I ended up yelling at her and said I don’t need any negative energy around my son who’s one day old so either stop it or leave. She quickly got in line. 
  • @rjgmcmanus I have a similar situation. I pretty much only tolerate my in laws. My MIL commented on a pic after our niece was born on FB and asked "Who is the baby in Max (nephew) lap?" UMM WELL THAT'S YOUR NEW GRANDCHILD. 

I just ignore them and let H deal with them. If they want to see the kids, they schedule a time through him. We make it scheduled time and always have something planned afterwards so that they cannot overstay their welcome and I typically slip out to do something like shower or poop or just sit in my room by myself while they are there. 

• @ale9687 @klmcguire

Thank you both--this is helpful. Honestly, after the comments about the baby from MIL yesterday (asking of money from BIL isn't anything new, he's shady like that, and easy to ignore at this point), I damn near called her myself (she said them to DH, not me) to scream at her...but I know that's not good for myself or baby, and that's just giving them fodder to work with. It's just hard--he's so sweet, and I always wanted to have in-laws that were nice, but I didn't get that. These are the same people who tried to sabotage our wedding two years ago--literally, on our wedding day, his mother tried to make him late, and then AS SHE WAS WALKING WITH HIM DOWN THE AISLE while he was seating her, she kept whispering to him, "You don't have to do this. It's not too late. You can still back out."

Such is life.
  • @ale9687 @klmcguire

Thank you both--this is helpful. Honestly, after the comments about the baby from MIL yesterday (asking of money from BIL isn't anything new, he's shady like that, and easy to ignore at this point), I damn near called her myself (she said them to DH, not me) to scream at her...but I know that's not good for myself or baby, and that's just giving them fodder to work with. It's just hard--he's so sweet, and I always wanted to have in-laws that were nice, but I didn't get that. These are the same people who tried to sabotage our wedding two years ago--literally, on our wedding day, his mother tried to make him late, and then AS SHE WAS WALKING WITH HIM DOWN THE AISLE while he was seating her, she kept whispering to him, "You don't have to do this. It's not too late. You can still back out."

Such is life.

• @klmcguire No lie. Also, I may or may not have had the DJ play "Shake it off" and then made intense eye contact with her during that song while dancing with/kissing her son that day.

• EDD/Weeks + Days: 12/16 but most likely will have c-section or induced beginning of Dec. 12w1d

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Finding out, was hoping my 1st Trimester Screen gave the sex but it doesnt :( so will wait for anatomy scan

Upcoming Appointments: 6th for GD class, 10th for 1st TRI screen ultrasound, 14th for GD follow up. 

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): Crappy with high BP and now Gestational diabetes I feel sick a lot and have 8 pills I take every day. I am just praying for baby to stay healthy and inside as long as possible.

Rants/Raves: Finally told all of the immediate family about the baby and my work. Such a relief with all my appointments lately.

Questions:

GTKY: What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten?    Fried Crocodile or maybe it was Alligator LOL cant remember it was so long ago.
    IAmPregnant TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @rjgmcmanus that’s awful! my MIL sent me a song she wanted for her dance with DH, basically the lyrics were when this marriage doesn’t work out I’ll be here for you. Then when it was our church rehearsal she refused to use her iPhone, got so lost and was crying on the phone w my husband for the ENTIRE rehearsal she was just going home. The church was 15 min from the hotel and she started the drive following DH from the hotel, I think she got lost just to have drama about her. 
  • @ale9687 Jesus. I think your MIL and my MIL are long lost sisters.
  • 12+2, ftm team green for now

Appt end of June sometime 

I feel fine though while I get that it's healthy it's WEIRD to be eating healthy,  exercising lots and still gaining weight lol!!  Still somewhat anxious about all this,  I wish I didn't have to be functional at work while sleep training an infant but here we will be. No pregnancy side effects other than getting puffier overall. I never got nauseous or heavily fatigued. 

Weirdest thing I've eaten,  I don't know.... I'm sure I ate some unusual stuff while in Thailand but I don't remember at this point.   In Mexico I ate mole that was like 1500 days old, I forgot the exact count. 

I also don't care for my partner's family.  I don't talk to them directly,  I let him handle it.  He hasn't told them about the baby and honestly I don't care if he ever does lol. 
  • @bookworm982 We were SO hesitant about telling his family. His mom initially reacted well, but...

His brother still doesn't know, even after the phone call asking for money the other day. I don't care if he ever finds out either.

Also, I appreciate how Group 2 is also the ridiculous in-law support group today, lol. I don't feel so alone.
  • Sometimes reading other people's IL stories make me glad mine live in Germany and don't speak English! Lol
  • @rjgmcmanus and @ale9687 You MILs remind me of my own mother.So passive aggressive and over dramatic. The last time she was here, I told her to get the f*ck out of my house and not ever come back.  It has gotten to the point where I need to take care of myself and my kids and not let her stress me out.
    Wow, daycare already?!  I can't imagine looking that early!  Great that you found someone that you like!
    @klmcguire How was the strawberry Perrier?  If summer ever arrives here, I'm going to need something to sip on too!
    @Spartanrd4 My in-laws speak English, but I'm totally good with them being in Denmark :D  Yay for SCH being gone!
    @sdegrootmom3 I'm sorry you're feeling so crappy.  

EDD/Weeks + Days: Dec. 11, 13w1d

FTM/STM/TTM+: This is baby #5

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Team blue!

Upcoming Appointments: Nothing until June 25

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): The nausea is slowly starting to fade thankfully, but the headaches and hip/back pain have settled in for the long haul.  I look like a crazy person at work trying to stretch my hips.  I'm still really only interested in carbs, which isn't great, but not much I can do about it.  I usually love salad and veggies, but my stomach just can't deal with them right now.

Rants/Raves: I'm annoyed that it still feels like October here!  I'm ready for some hot summer weather!  My kids haven't even worn their summer clothes at all this year.

Questions:

GTKY: What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten? I'm not very adventurous with food.  I ate some strange things in Thailand and Hong Kong, but can't remember exactly what.
  • @bakerstreetboys The last time my MIL came for a visit she thought it wasn’t a big deal to not tell DH his uncle had cancer. She got sooo dramatic and told my husband he didn’t care about his family anyway sooo he told her get the f out of our house. 
  • @bakerstreetboys It is wonderful! It would be even better with a little vodka hahaha! But for real, its my summer drink this year!

• rjgmcmanusrjgmcmanus member
    edited June 2019
    @bakerstreetboys Yeah, after this week's comments from her, she's earned herself a ban from the house--which is easy, given she lives over 600 miles away, but we had been toying with the idea of inviting her down for Christmas since my family will be in town, mostly just to get it done with and in hopes that other people around would mitigate her craziness...husband himself said he doesn't her here, and doesn't know if he'll EVER want her in our space. We haven't seen her in person since our wedding two years ago, and honestly, I'm okay if it takes 20 more years. It's sad, but I am at least glad he's not in denial and he sees things as they are too and that we're both on the same page. It just sucks because I know it's hardest on him.
  • rjgmcmanusrjgmcmanus member
    edited June 2019
    @ale9687 WOW. No, seriously--your MIL and my MIL MUST be long lost sisters. My husband's father died while he was deployed in 2016, and when she was able to get a hold of him, she told him to "not bother coming home," even though he absolutely would've been able to for the funeral. The reason she didn't want him coming home? She didn't HAVE a funeral for him. Not even a memorial service. To this day, we have no idea what became of his remains--we know he was cremated, but beyond that, she hadn't told us anything. There's no closure, even 3 years later.
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 12/12/2019
                                         13 weeks + 5 days

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: finding out we are just waiting on out NIPT results and then confirming with an anatomy scan in July.

Upcoming Appointments: July 5th regular monthly check

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): I'm finally feeling human again the first trimester was really hard for me I was nauseated all the time, so I'm super excited to be able to eat mostly normal again!

Rants/Raves: none

Questions:none

GTKY: What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten? Nothing yet but I want fresh veggies all the time. 
  • Hey, @cassamumba314! Welcome to the group! We do have a new thread that's for the week of 6/10 with new questions, just as an FYI--this is last week's thread you're responding to. :-) Glad you're feeling human again--I know that feeling ALL too well. Morning sickness is no joke.